Mizuno JPX919 Irons

On another note, I went 6-gap Hot Metals and absolutely love this 6 iron and it’s making me kick myself that I didn’t go 5-gap. Anyone else notice that the 6 is so easy to put a good swing on?

I'm right there with you. I used to HATE having to pull a 6 iron for a shot. But, this 919 HM 6 iron not only looks good, but I can actually hit it! It's quickly becoming a favorite club. I don't regret foregoing a 5 iron because I absolutely love my CLK 5 hybrid.

Damn Snickersog, I wish I had you at my fitting! I could have saved myself 150 bucks instead of going with a 5 hybrid haha.

I was always reluctant, when I had a 5I shot with my Callaways...that thought of "this isn't gonna turn out good". When I got these, the 5I became easy to hit, never hit a 5I long and high. With the results on how I hit the 5&6I now, makes me think, I would like a 4I LOL I am now confident and positive in what I expect is the outcome on every iron in the bag. Only club I doubt myself on now is the 3W, which is amazing, when I don't screw up.

I’m hoping to finally get out and play sometime this week with the HM Pros. A course has opened up so if I get time I’m going to finally get to get these on course!

First round today in the books. A little disappointed with how I hit the irons today. I scored fairly well (4 over), but wasn’t thrilled with the iron game. I didnt warm up before the round and it was windy all day, so that may not have helped. Will see how it goes in my next round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First round today in the books. A little disappointed with how I hit the irons today. I scored fairly well (4 over), but wasn’t thrilled with the iron game. I didnt warm up before the round and it was windy all day, so that may not have helped. Will see how it goes in my next round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty good round for the first time using them!!!

Noticed to day after flying a couple greens, I need to get some range time and adjust my distances. Got into the low 70's today and I was about 10 yards long on a lot of shots today. Either that or I was striking the ball really well!! (probably not the latter.)

Pretty good round for the first time using them!!!

Thank you. Short game has been really good lately....odd for the start of the season.
Saving pars and making birdies on the par 5s helped. 2 birds, two bogeys on the front and 4 bogeys on the back.

The CT Lite X is an interesting shaft. Not sure I'm working it like I should. I want to check the swing weights on the 919s to see what they're at. Thinking perhaps a bit of lead tape will help me feel the head a bit more and help me deflect the shafts a touch. Dunno, just pondering atm.
Unrelated to this thread, hit the EF SZ driver quite nicely today. Thinking the SZ has a gear in it that the Ping Max doesn't have. Also surprised me on a few swings that were not great and the results were better than expected.

Noticed to day after flying a couple greens, I need to get some range time and adjust my distances. Got into the low 70's today and I was about 10 yards long on a lot of shots today. Either that or I was striking the ball really well!! (probably not the latter.)

The Hot Metals are Hot. When I got the 900's I immediately picked up a club length. It was tough to adjust to that. Now for control I have almost gone back to my old club yardage, but I hit 80%ish length swings and am much more consistent.

Great reviews. Im happy to see a lot of people trying these. These and Ping G400 I hit the best during my club fitting. I can't remember which model I hit, but ill follow up with my notes from the fitting.

The Hot Metals are Hot. When I got the 900's I immediately picked up a club length. It was tough to adjust to that. Now for control I have almost gone back to my old club yardage, but I hit 80%ish length swings and am much more consistent.

Definitely plan on working with them a bit just to make sure. I don't think I am getting any flyers though.

I’ve only had time in my fitting and two rounds, and my HMs seem to be a little longer than on Trackman. It might be because they only had Zstars to hit and I have been gaming B300 RX so I’m thinking that might be why?

I’ve only had time in my fitting and two rounds, and my HMs seem to be a little longer than on Trackman. It might be because they only had Zstars to hit and I have been gaming B300 RX so I’m thinking that might be why?

That's hard to say. So far, I've tested my new HM's with Project (a)'s, TP5x's, Snell MTB Black's, Chromesoft Truvis', and Mizuno RB Tour X's. I've been longer with all 5. With my swing, the Snell, TP5's, and RB's have performed best, but all 5 have been solid with my HM's. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be getting in another round with my HM's. Since I just got a Snell test pack in, I'll be trying the Snell MTB-X.

For folks who have hit/gamed the Apex CF16’s, how do you feel about the Hot Metal (regular version) compared to the CF16’s?

These are the first irons I’d actually consider messing with since the CF’s entered my bag.

Hot metal pros on order. Was planning on a set on p790 and these were a full 10y longer and much smoother. Now if the new snow would just melt.

Hot metal pros on order. Was planning on a set on p790 and these were a full 10y longer and much smoother. Now if the new snow would just melt.

Stupid snow! We only got hit with a few inches thankfully. Hopefully the same happened for you, I’m in Marshfield.

Otherwise the HM Pros are a great iron and look forward to your thoughts on your new irons.

Got in my 4th round with my 919 Hot Metals today. Rather than test a bunch of different balls like I've done the last 2 rounds, I stuck with a Snell MTB Black for the whole round. These babies do like the MTB (along with the Truvis and the Mizuno RB). I had a few pulls, but nothing horribly bad. In general, I was striking my irons reasonably well, and once again, I'm back to my old distances. In other words, I've regained a full club, if not a club and a half.

I did not score as well as I played off the tee and with my irons. Based on today's round, I'm apparently the worst chipper in the Southeast, and my putter was seemingly possessed. On a positive note, my new sand wedge got quite the workout today. I hit 4 greenside bunkers, but hit 4 pretty decent shots to get me out onto the greens. Due to the aforementioned issue with my demon putter, alas only 1 sand save, though. All in all, I could not be happier with my new HM's.

Had a pretty decent round with the Hot Metals today. The problem I had was I was going long by about 8-12 yards on most of my shots even into the wind. I was making good contact, and I think the Super Speed Golf is really helping with the swing speed and the distance I am picking up. Plus is was only mid 40's temp today. I just haven't had time to get to the range because it had been so busy at work and I would rather get out and play when I can.

Sounds like you’re getting all jacked with that Super Speed system Snickerdog!

So I got out again yesterday and had a great day striping these irons. I had mentioned earlier that I had noticed that my on the course distance was longer than my fitting on Trackman, and when I went back for my driver fitting today I was gapping my irons while my fitter was setting up my drivers and I noticed that because I brought my gamer balls that the numbers on Trackman this time were consistent to what I was seeing on the course, so it was the balls causing a discrepancy as I got fitted with Z Stars and I brought my Q Star Tours with me today for my fitting.

Sounds like you’re getting all jacked with that Super Speed system Snickerdog!

It's working for sure. Better hip rotation is making a big difference.

It's working for sure. Better hip rotation is making a big difference.

My desk job for the last five years has really dropped my ss. So you feel this system really works then?

My desk job for the last five years has really dropped my ss. So you feel this system really works then?

I do, very much so. I haven't gotten to check it in the last 3 weeks, but I do know my driver has picked up 4 mph when I was on a monitor the last time. The swings really have helped my shoulder turn and hip rotation. I will be 52 in a couple weeks and have back issues, but it hasn't been a problem so far. Do it like says and follow the program and I really think it works. Check out the review thread and read some of it, I think everyone has seen positive results.
I sit at a desk most of the day so I feel your pain there.

I will say having the Hot Metals have helped, and dropping from the Recoil 110 stiff to Recoil 95 regular flex have helped also. Maybe I'm making better contact, or clearing my hips better, but I know clubhead speed has to help also.

I do, very much so. I haven't gotten to check it in the last 3 weeks, but I do know my driver has picked up 4 mph when I was on a monitor the last time. The swings really have helped my shoulder turn and hip rotation. I will be 52 in a couple weeks and have back issues, but it hasn't been a problem so far. Do it like says and follow the program and I really think it works. Check out the review thread and read some of it, I think everyone has seen positive results.
I sit at a desk most of the day so I feel your pain there.

I will say having the Hot Metals have helped, and dropping from the Recoil 110 stiff to Recoil 95 regular flex have helped also. Maybe I'm making better contact, or clearing my hips better, but I know clubhead speed has to help also.

That’s awesome to hear man! I’m 44 so age seems to be catching up to me especially being tied to a desk. I will definitely look into this because I am hovering around mid 90s on my ss and I used to be in the low to mid 100s.

Irons where stellar today. Played with a guy I played with yesterday and he told me to trust my distances. Didn't hesitate today, and hit lots of greens. Plenty of stopping power with Chrome Softs and the distance was consistent. Really enjoying the lighter Recoil shafts and not as tired after a round.

Back