Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Wedgeman,

Thank you for your post. I have hit both the CF16s and the 565s, both of which are a good fit for my game. I also have clubs with Recoil shafts, which I like. I am looking into possiby buying the 919 Hot Metals--a birthday gift to myself--as a second set. I am interested in any other comparisons you have betwwen the Project X and Recoil shafts.

Yes. I know that I should get on a lauch monitor, and I will once my work schedule settles down. In the meantime, I just ordered a 7-Iron 919 Hot Metal from Mizuno with the Projext X graphite shaft to check it out on the range and especially on the course.

Any feedback or insights would be appreciated.

Still using my CF16 irons and looking. Very interested in this thread. Our home course has greens that are hard, so a little roll out isn't much of an issue. I played with an older hot metal 7 iron with a Project X shaft, and really didn't care for the feel. I probably didn't give it much of a chance because I was comparing it to the CF16 with Recoils. Anyway, this has me very interested.

Here's a for what it's worth. When I first hit the 919 Hot Metals with the Project X graphites, I did not care for the irons. Once I hit them with the Recoil 95's, I was in love and have remained so. Stupid easy to hit and long. I'm about the same as Snickerdog in that I hit the 7-iron 145-155.

I also hit both the Project X's and the Recoils. There was no clear winner in performance, so I chose the one that felt better, which for me was the Project X. My swing is far from "grooved", so it's possible the results would have been different on another day.

Wedgeman,

Thank you for your post. I have hit both the CF16s and the 565s, both of which are a good fit for my game. I also have clubs with Recoil shafts, which I like. I am looking into possiby buying the 919 Hot Metals--a birthday gift to myself--as a second set. I am interested in any other comparisons you have betwwen the Project X and Recoil shafts.

Yes. I know that I should get on a lauch monitor, and I will once my work schedule settles down. In the meantime, I just ordered a 7-Iron 919 Hot Metal from Mizuno with the Projext X graphite shaft to check it out on the range and especially on the course.

Any feedback or insights would be appreciated.

I have not hit the current (919) hot metals, just the older ones (909) and from what I understand the newer ones are a lot better than the older ones. As far as shafts goes, the Project X just didn't feel as lively as the Recoil shafts. Granted the Recoils were in my CF16 while the Project X were in the 909, but I just prefer the feel and play of the Recoil. Once you have a chance to hit the 919 with the Project X, give us your opinion, I'll be interested.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback.

I have no experience with Project X shafts, so I am curious about the impressions of those who have hit both the Recoils and them. I realize that there are a lot of variables at play here with different heads, shafts, etc.

It will be an individual choice for me based on performance and feel. Thanks again.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback.

I have no experience with Project X shafts, so I am curious about the impressions of those who have hit both the Recoils and them. I realize that there are a lot of variables at play here with different heads, shafts, etc.

It will be an individual choice for me based on performance and feel. Thanks again.

Report back when you get a chance to hit them. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts. I could be wrong, but it seems the Recoils are the more popular choice. It's the shaft I thought I was going to end up with.

These irons are so easy to hit. We played in a 2 club wind (right at 20mph winds) and didn't really have any issues adjusting back to them. Loft are a bit stronger than my Srixons, so usually one-two clubs less depending on distance. No ballooning in the wind last night which I was happy to see.
I did change balls up last night and used ProV1X so was getting plenty of stopping power. If you recall that was an issue for me previously with these clubs for me, to much roll out. I will give them some more time and an honest chance at staying in the bag. These are good looking irons and plenty forgiving and long.

I agree. Very easy to hit. Second round is in the books with mine. Played on a windy day yesterday and these irons cut through it with zero issues and plenty of stopping power. The extra distance is nice and very consistent for me. Very happy thus far.

I had a good day with these today. Course had greens that where a bit firmer but also receptive. Most all my iron approach shots had the ball within 4 feet of the ball marks, so none of them rolled out to far. (I used ProV1X today) Pretty consistent day distance wise and seem to have them dialed in again.

After my trip to Atlanta I’ve pondered the 4 and 5 iron in the hot metal pro pretty much every single day. Those irons are stupid good.

I played Srixon 765's all last year and some this year. I have bounced back and forth between the two on and off this year. I didn't give the 919's a fair shake when I first got them once is got warmer and more golf weather. I got them for the added distance, not getting any younger. So decided I would give them a good workout here for the month of July and see how things shake out. The 919's are definitely easier to hit (more forgiving) they are longer. The early issue was not enough spin and to much rollout, (read more than I care for) but going to try different balls and see if that will help some.
Great looking iron IMO, and paired with the Recoil 95 it works for me.

Based on Dan's video last week & Snickerdog saying they're easier to hit & longer, I grabbed a JPX919 Hot Metal (non-Pro model) 5 iron with Recoil 95 shaft to try out & compare head to head with the Srixon 565 5 iron. If it is longer it might replace the 5h - I have not hit that consistently well.

Based on Dan's video last week & Snickerdog saying they're easier to hit & longer, I grabbed a JPX919 Hot Metal (non-Pro model) 5 iron with Recoil 95 shaft to try out & compare head to head with the Srixon 565 5 iron. If it is longer it might replace the 5h - I have not hit that consistently well.

I bought the 4i to compare to the 3h (19*) FliHi hybrid. I just hit the 4i way better. I will list the hybrid. I will say when I hit the hybrid, like I should WOW. But the 4i just works for me��

I’ve got some Tours waiting to be split set (there is no WAY I can game them past the 7 iron). I need to get my hands on some HM Pros or Forged.

Going to be interesting!

Attachments

• IMG_9976.JPG
    IMG_9976.JPG
    843.3 KB · Views: 2
I’ve got some Tours waiting to be split set (there is no WAY I can game them past the 7 iron). I need to get my hands on some HM Pros or Forged.

You need to make that happen for sure.

Molten...what is your set makeup on the Tours?

If there’s something better than the 919’s for a mid handicapper that’s come out this year, I haven’t seen them!!!

Molten...what is your set makeup on the Tours?

I’ve got a full set that i couldn’t help myself from buying. I know I need some help in the long irons though.

Elevates as the shaft

I’ve got a full set that i couldn’t help myself from buying. I know I need some help in the long irons though.

Elevates as the shaft

I went 6-PW in HM Pros. GW-LW in HM. Wish I went 5/6-PW in Tours, GW in Forged

No, but I can.

Ben Hogan PTx Pro 7 iron Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro 7 iron. I should have used the BH 6 iron, as it's the same loft as the HM Pro 7 iron.

Attachments

• IMG_9984.JPG
    IMG_9984.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9985.JPG
    IMG_9985.JPG
    461.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9987.JPG
    IMG_9987.JPG
    690.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9988.JPG
    IMG_9988.JPG
    629.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9980.JPG
    IMG_9980.JPG
    689.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9982.JPG
    IMG_9982.JPG
    298.4 KB · Views: 1
Ben Hogan PTx Pro 7 iron Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro 7 iron. I should have used the BH 6 iron, as it's the same loft as the HM Pro 7 iron.
Sets well. Definitely thinner on the sole.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back