Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Why the love for the tours over the others? I’m curious

And why go smaller in long irons and larger in GW?

When I first started looking at new clubs last September, after doing some research, I WANTED the MP-18 MMC irons. Seemed like a great advancement to what I had owned/played in the past. Hit them and the 2 other MP-18s and didn't care for them. The golf shop had just received the new 919 that day. Heads still had plastic on them. I tried all 3 919 irons. Didn't care for the Forged...just didn't resonate with me. LOVED the tours...looks, feel, performance! Liked the Hot Metal explosiveness and distance. So, when the HM Pros were introduced...seemed like a great combination of the Tours and Hot Metals! I just got lucky enough to win a set of HM Pros at the Sweep. But, to answer your question Molten, it mostly comes down to feel. I have never owned a cast club before and it's a big difference in feel. I'm considering going to a softer ball with these irons.
JB, Mizuno doesn't make a set matching 919 Tour GW. They do make one in Forged and Hot Metals. That's the only reason.

Had a really good night last night overall but the Hot Metals where strong last night. 2 shots that stick out where a 7 iron from 152 that hit pin high and stopped about 4 feet away, and a 9 iron from 122 that hit just about a foot past the pin and stopped dead.
So, so far the chance they are getting to stay in the bag is going well. I have gone a bit more to embrace an easier smoother swing and it seems to be working well. I will be getting out tomorrow to play hopefully all day and will have some more input.

Had a really good night last night overall but the Hot Metals where strong last night. 2 shots that stick out where a 7 iron from 152 that hit pin high and stopped about 4 feet away, and a 9 iron from 122 that hit just about a foot past the pin and stopped dead.
So, so far the chance they are getting to stay in the bag is going well. I have gone a bit more to embrace an easier smoother swing and it seems to be working well. I will be getting out tomorrow to play hopefully all day and will have some more input.

It's unusual to see a post here from someone who hits the ball exactly the same distances I do! Actually, for me 152 with a 7-iron would be a heck of a solid shot but 122 is precisely my number for my JPX 900 HM 9-iron.

Have you played graphite shafts for a while or is the Recoil 95 a new thing for you? It's a shaft I'm curious about because it's not super-super light like so many graphite iron shafts. I use the stock Modus 105 in R flex.

Let's hear it for guys who need irons instead of wedges from 150!

It's unusual to see a post here from someone who hits the ball exactly the same distances I do! Actually, for me 152 with a 7-iron would be a heck of a solid shot but 122 is precisely my number for my JPX 900 HM 9-iron.

Have you played graphite shafts for a while or is the Recoil 95 a new thing for you? It's a shaft I'm curious about because it's not super-super light like so many graphite iron shafts. I use the stock Modus 105 in R flex.

I have played Recoil shafts for just over 2 years now. I played 110's first and then switched to the 95's. I like the 95's better as they are just a bit lighter but you can still feel where the head is thru the swing. I play F3 and haven't had any issues so far. It really helped eliminate most of the elbow issues I was having and won't go back to steel. I do have 3 wedges in steel but that is it, when replaced they will get recoils also.

I do have 3 wedges in steel but that is it, when replaced they will get recoils also.

Don't think I could go that far. I have a JPX 919 sand wedge with the Modus Wedge shaft (the 111g version) and, compared to my Vokeys with Dynamic Gold, it feels light enough to bother me a bit. I think I'd have problems with wedge shafts down in the under-100 range.

Cheers!

Don't think I could go that far. I have a JPX 919 sand wedge with the Modus Wedge shaft (the 111g version) and, compared to my Vokeys with Dynamic Gold, it feels light enough to bother me a bit. I think I'd have problems with wedge shafts down in the under-100 range.

Cheers!

My wedges will get the Recoil 110's just for the weight.

My wedges will get the Recoil 110's just for the weight.

Now we're talking!

Wonder what my wife would say if I went home tonight and told her my 6-month-old 900 HM's were leaving and are being replaced by 919 HM's with Recoils 95's along with a set of Recoil 110 shafted wedges? Depending on the outcome, maybe I can crash on your sofa for a few days?

Now we're talking!

Wonder what my wife would say if I went home tonight and told her my 6-month-old 900 HM's were leaving and are being replaced by 919 HM's with Recoils 95's along with a set of Recoil 110 shafted wedges? Depending on the outcome, maybe I can crash on your sofa for a few days?

:laughing::laughing::golf2:

Switching to a urethane ball seems to have solved my stopping power issue. 7-iron from 183 yds ...

IMG_2219.jpg

(Once again, not sure why the image refuses to orient properly)

This is my first season with the Recoil 95 shaft and I’m consistently hitting my 8 iron from 150. I was hitting graphite shafts in prior iron sets but they were stock Alta shafts because I was hitting Pings. I noticed this year in moving to the HM Pros with the recoils that I’ve been able to move up a club across the board.

Mizuno ST180 driver w/ tensei orange reg flex shaft
Mizuno st180 3&5 woods tensei blue reg & stiff flex shafts
Ping G400 7 wood Alta reg flex shaft
Ping G410 4&5 hybrids UST Recoil shafts
Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pros 6-pw Recoil F3 95 shafts
Mizuno JPX 919 GW,SW,LW recoil F3 95 shafts
Ping Sigma putter

Had a pretty good day with the Hot Metals. I have the distances dialed back in and feel comfortable with them. I haven't noticed any flyers at all with these irons. I stayed with the thought of swinging easy and letting the club do the work. It worked pretty good, did have a few shot where I got lazy and blocked a couple shots right.

That’s the trick with the HM’s. Stay down and swing through letting the club do the work and you’ll get consistent high launching straight shots.

Mizuno just posted what looks like a copper JPX 919. It looks killer!

Pretty sure that is a copper "undershot" layer, similar to some of the Callaway wedges. The body of the club will be steel and there will be a chome final layer.

Pretty sure that is a copper "undershot" layer, similar to some of the Callaway wedges. The body of the club will be steel and there will be a chome final layer.
Pretty sure that it's the under layer that they do for the mizuno pro line for the JDM market.

I think those are the new mp20 line.

Yeah, those are the new MP's they have been showing around.

I got a chance to hit the JPX919 HM 5-iron during today's round. It definitely seems longer than the Srixon 565 5-iron. I only hit it twice today, but the both times it went well. The first shot was from 168 & it settled nicely onto the back edge of the green. Hopefully I'll get some time where I can laser shots for both 5-irons & see the difference. It does seem easier for me to hit than my 5 hybrid.

I finally got the 919 tours on the outdoor range. Great ball flight and good sound. I love (love!) the turf interaction. Divots were great - something I’m not really seeing with my current set.

A long way to go before they see the course but the desire is there

The Hot Metal Pro has me intrigued. I'm wondering where it fits in comparison to the MP18 MMC. I'm not a feel player unless the sound is horrid.

Just got my set of HMP. These have to be the beat looking irons I've seen. Getting them on the course for a round on Sunday!
a1f6097f392f9c7a46e7a2a9a2a2c986.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back