Mizuno JPX919 Irons

I had a lesson yesterday and my instructor had the JPX 900 demo irons in a box. He did not have the 919's. So, I asked, "Do you mind?"

I hit the 900 Forged and HM ... I already have a set like the HM - PXG 0311XF - although I think the HM are longer. Kept on hitting the 900 Forged and thought "if the 919 Forged are more forgiving ..."

Then I hit the i500 he had in his bay, and I said, Oh, gosh... better topline, better look at address, nice sole and easy distance.... The 919 Forged can't be as easy as this i500. But you don't know until you hit them.

Last edited:
Welp I did a bad thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forged 4-gap recoil 95 ?

e9b8536458bbb4002c9a69d89d58ef48.jpg

Man I want the 919F 4 iron and 919T 5-9 irons...such good looking irons. I need to hit these asap!

Forged 4-gap recoil 95 ��

Have you checked into the Club Ho’s Anonymous thread lately? :angel:

Well done my friend! Haha! Can’t wait to hear what you think about them...dibs if they don’t work out;-)

Golf Galaxy near me had the 919 HM head only for demo. Said something about the heads being delayed to them for some reason. So I only got to test the HM but man do these things feel good. The 7i flys about a 5 yards longer than my sex iron even though they are the same loft. These might be the irons I end up putting in the bag before next season. Waiting on a demo day to test them out a little more.

Golf Galaxy near me had the 919 HM head only for demo. Said something about the heads being delayed to them for some reason. So I only got to test the HM but man do these things feel good. The 7i flys about a 5 yards longer than my sex iron even though they are the same loft. These might be the irons I end up putting in the bag before next season. Waiting on a demo day to test them out a little more.

Must be an interesting “foursome”

On topic, I think this isn’t unique to your GG, my nearby store only had the rack sets available. If you wanted to hit one you had to tape up one of the iron off the rack

GG near me was the same, just the 919 HM demo head available, no chance to try it out but may get by this weekend.

Golf Galaxy near me had the 919 HM head only for demo. Said something about the heads being delayed to them for some reason.

Ditto. I've only found a HM 7-iron. One local shop said it could be the end of the month before they'll have demos of the 919 Forged available.

Could absolutely see myself gaming 919 HM next year. Love my 900 HM. Distance, looks and forgiveness, but getting older and the next iron set will be graphite. Recoil and 919 HM sounds good to me :act-up:

I kind of like them :good:

Hit the 919 Forged at lunch in the PX 5.0 and 6.0 LZ Tour Graphite.

Forged looks better than pics. Topline was better in person - gorgeous head. Discovered that the 6.0 is not too much shaft for an old man - will softstep to get more spin and go D3. Odd in that it seemed I was +2 in lie, which is weird, because I've been a standard lie for a long time. But will only go +1 in 8-PW - one can adjust lie and swingweight - that's why God made lead tape.

To what's interesting.

Yes - it is forgiving, moreso than the 900F. Distance - Gobs of it - surprisingly so - carry was 165 w 7i, launch angle was 21. And that was not one shot - that was several times in a row - the consistency of the result was reassuring. After I was settled in, flight was straight to a slight draw.

And when I flushed a shot - it felt like nothing - just like a great forging - but I did hit them inside - so all of this feel talk is preliminary.

I also hit the i210. The 919F was like a longer i210 - of course, if you strengthen the i210 lofts, the i210 may catch it. Feel was similar between both clubs - soft. Mizuno was all business at address. Impressive club with forgiveness. The 919F did feel more like a Mizuno than the 900F.

But get fit. I would have never guessed the 6.0 or more upright lie.

Last edited:
The Hot Metals got a pretty enthusiastic reception on TXG yesterday.

The Hot Metals got a pretty enthusiastic reception on TXG yesterday.

Hot Metals are awesome. I think ego keeps more people from using these amazing clubs. It's been a year since I got mine and still haven't hit anything that even comes close performance wise.

Last night was my first night out with the forged and of course on the range it’s in my head and I’m shanking it. Lol. A gentleman was kind enough to tell me what I was doing and it was fixed. Ham and egged a decent round For couples league with some lovely shots and some bad ones.

The 919 Forged feel amazing, look stunning, and seem plenty forgiving. After a lackluster last hole, I decided to hit one last 8 iron on a par 3 to finish on a good shot. I usually hit 8 iron there as it’s all carry, so grabbed the same club. Hit a super high baby fade that proceeded to fly to the edge of the green (160ish in the air) and stop.

Will take a bit of adjustment from my AP1/AP2 set but I think the added forgiveness, slightly stronger lofts, and plenty of feel and spin will do wonders for me. These are nice.

Back