Mizuno JPX919 Irons

@snickerdog
b0e2e02448506037ec0b948be8ed55a8.jpg
1e5378fc32a574ab5cfb8a43685c5136.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I can see myself returning to Mizuno..

I think they are simply stunning. Going to get another 27 in the next two days so will be back with more feedback. If you guys have questions, want other pics, let me know.

I think they are simply stunning. Going to get another 27 in the next two days so will be back with more feedback. If you guys have questions, want other pics, let me know.

So feel wise compared to your AP2's? Similiar, little bit clickier?

So feel wise compared to your AP2's? Similiar, little bit clickier?

Yeah, spot on. Feel really good but a little clickier, definitely hotter. The couple that I flushed shot off the face and just felt soooooooo good.

Yeah, spot on. Feel really good but a little clickier, definitely hotter. The couple that I flushed shot off the face and just felt soooooooo good.

I definitely need to take my 7 iron and hit the 7 iron of these and compare. I am going to bet the Mizuno will be a bit longer. Should be fun. Won't happen this weekend though, tourney Saturday afternoon.

Just got my notice that they shipped/shipping - by FedEx snail - should arrive next Wed. Then it's time to check swingweights, and do lie testing - those lie boards - there is a better way and it includes a Sharpie.

These are likely going to get a ton of feedback this weekend. I know my intention is to get them in my group for a round.

We need to have a meeting of the minds and decide which irons we want in our cart Saturday

We need to have a meeting of the minds and decide which irons we want in our cart Saturday
We have Keenan. He's all we need.

Just got my notice that they shipped/shipping - by FedEx snail - should arrive next Wed. Then it's time to check swingweights, and do lie testing - those lie boards - there is a better way and it includes a Sharpie.

Did you order with specific lie angle? My last set of Mizuno's was spot on when I got them and had them checked. Mizuno has excellent QC.

Did you order with specific lie angle? My last set of Mizuno's was spot on when I got them and had them checked. Mizuno has excellent QC.

Mine were ordered 1* flat and they were spot on

Mine were ordered 1* flat and they were spot on

I have ordered irons and wedges twice directly from Mizuno and every spec has been dead on.

I have ordered irons and wedges twice directly from Mizuno and every spec has been dead on.

Agreed. Ordered two wedges from them with specific instructions for grip, lie and length and they've done a great job.

I'm stuck between JPX 919 tour or a MP-18 MB/SC combo right now. MP-18's seem to have a heavier swing weight and I haven't gotten a chance to ask Mizuno about asking for a heavier swing weight on an order yet. Anyone have experience with asking for SW increase?

Yes, I did. But was fitted with a lie board, which is not the best test. I also asked for a custom swingweight - which is stock, except for 8i, which I requested at D3. On the forged, it's D2 up to 9i, then D3, then D4 at PW - heavy for a PW. Those were the specs on mizunousa.com. Also ordered the 6.0 softstepped once.

But I'll do a lie test with a Sharpie and a vertical line on the ball.

Had a great 9 with these this morning. Drove the ball like butt, so can confirm that they are great for 90* punch outs ?

But in normal shots, they go high and straight and feel incredible off the face. I love the added forgiveness vs my ap2 and the slightly stronger lofts are welcome. Really dig them so far.

Had a great 9 with these this morning. Drove the ball like butt, so can confirm that they are great for 90* punch outs ��

But in normal shots, they go high and straight and feel incredible off the face. I love the added forgiveness vs my ap2 and the slightly stronger lofts are welcome. Really dig them so far.

Are you getting enough spin to hold greens?

Sorry if I missed it, but do we know what to expect from the HM Pros yet? Smaller head and less offset, but still stronger lofted than the Forged? Or maybe Forged lofts, but with a thicker top line and hotter face?

Sorry if I missed it, but do we know what to expect from the HM Pros yet? Smaller head and less offset, but still stronger lofted than the Forged? Or maybe Forged lofts, but with a thicker top line and hotter face?

This is total speculation, but I’d imagine it sitting squarely between the forged and the hot metal in size, specs, and forgiveness. Not sure if there is concrete info out there yet.

This is total speculation, but I’d imagine it sitting squarely between the forged and the hot metal in size, specs, and forgiveness. Not sure if there is concrete info out there yet.

Nada that I've heard as to specifics. You'll hear something in January with an intro in February.

Very eager to get the 919 Forged irons into play, thanks to THP and True Temper at the Ultimate Weekend. @papajohick selected the Tour version as well and I think he had them in the bag for 2 rounds already. Once they are shafted correctly and shipped in, I hope to get a couple more rounds before the snow falls. But my goodness these are lookers!

Very eager to get the 919 Forged irons into play, thanks to THP and True Temper at the Ultimate Weekend. @papajohick selected the Tour version as well and I think he had them in the bag for 2 rounds already. Once they are shafted correctly and shipped in, I hope to get a couple more rounds before the snow falls. But my goodness these are lookers!

They are stunning! Fingers crossed for some golf weather this fall. How long did they say before they’d get them to you ?

I cannot wait to start playing these tours. Yesterday certainly wasn’t my best round ball striking wise but I didn’t really get punished by the club. It’s going to be fun once I get them with the elevates

They are stunning! Fingers crossed for some golf weather this fall. How long did they say before they’d get them to you ?

Didn't really have an idea, but I know GG/THP and True Temper are all over it for us. In the meantime, we lust!

Back