Mizuno JPX919 Irons

I'm still hoping i run across some 919 tours to plug into my short irons.

I keep coming back to the 919 lineup. I really enjoyed hitting the Forged and HMP. I will try to grab a Tour today and see what I think. I have a hunch about that one. I get seduced by the classic looks of the MP-20's but these might be a little better fit for my swing.

I keep coming back to the 919 lineup. I really enjoyed hitting the Forged and HMP. I will try to grab a Tour today and see what I think. I have a hunch about that one. I get seduced by the classic looks of the MP-20's but these might be a little better fit for my swing.

The Jpx line is a high performance line. The 919T are amazin.

Hit the 919T today with TT DG X100. One, I am coming to really like that shaft. JPX 919 Tour is a really nice iron. The slightly more angular look at at address works for me. Hit 7i and the distance consistency and spin (~7K rpm) were excellent. 7i distance is sort of an 8.5 iron compared to my MP-18 mmc (34 vs 32 loft). That would work just fine. I like the feel across the face. I can feel where I hit without the harshness I get with some clubs. Maybe a touch less forgiving than my MMC's. At my level of consistency, I probably would mix something like the forged starting with 6i. These are definately in the possible list for me.

919 tour is a solid iron, if i wasn't so anal about clubs I would have them on the way instead of the Miura's. The 919 tour gave me the best numbers of the many I tried at my club champion fitting. And you can buy them for a song on EBAY in a lot of shaft combinations.

I'm seriously considering making the switch to Mizuno for the hot metal irons. Best feeling iron I have hit.

I've been trying out a friends 919 tours that he is looking to sell. I can hit the short Irons pretty well but notice the big drop in distance on mishits that I don't get from my current set of Cobra S3's which are GI irons. I am noticing a much higher launch, which could be contributed to the shaft, and have been able to flight the ball higher or lower much easier. The longer irons 3-6i have not been very kind to me lol. They look great and I could get a killer deal on them but I think after hitting them I was to stick to something a little more forgiving. Maybe the 919 forged, the MP20 HMB's or MMC's, or the hot metal pro's.

I got the Tours in the fall and only have 36 holes and some range time with them. I really like them and love the surgical precision on good swings. Sure they aren't the most forgiving but I don't think that will negatively impact my score.

I might add a 4 or 5 Forged to see how much of a difference there is vs my Tour.

I've been trying out a friends 919 tours that he is looking to sell. I can hit the short Irons pretty well but notice the big drop in distance on mishits that I don't get from my current set of Cobra S3's which are GI irons. I am noticing a much higher launch, which could be contributed to the shaft, and have been able to flight the ball higher or lower much easier. The longer irons 3-6i have not been very kind to me lol. They look great and I could get a killer deal on them but I think after hitting them I was to stick to something a little more forgiving. Maybe the 919 forged, the MP20 HMB's or MMC's, or the hot metal pro's.

I'm pretty sure some people are playing the 919 Forged in shorter irons and then going for the 919 Hot Metal Pro's in the longer irons as they have the forgiveness to them. I am a higher handicapper and play the HMP throughout my entire set and am loving them. Mine have the DG X100 in them.

Pretty solid weekend on tour for this lineup.

@Grins how are the Hot Metal irons treating you?

919Forged holding up very well. I didn’t like the feel/sound of the 923Forged the only time I tried them. Thinking of sticking with these for another season.

Good distance. Good forgiveness. Great feel. Some workability. Solid shafts in the Recoil 95S. I am pretty sure the only way I get out of these is through some THP madness.

Back