Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Carrying over from the ponder thread, I love my Srixon 765's, just looking for something a bit more forgiving. I really think the forged with fit the bill for that, the previous model of Hot Metal was crazy long and plenty forgiving. I just have an eye for that bit of a thinner top line of the forged or tour. Just think the tour would be to demanding for what I want to do. Just looking to play the game a bit easier next year. ( not getting any younger)

Very eager to get the 919 Forged irons into play, thanks to THP and True Temper at the Ultimate Weekend. @papajohick selected the Tour version as well and I think he had them in the bag for 2 rounds already. Once they are shafted correctly and shipped in, I hope to get a couple more rounds before the snow falls. But my goodness these are lookers!

I will be happy to keep them warm for the winter for you, would be a shame to let them get rusty :)

I will be happy to keep them warm for the winter for you, would be a shame to let them get rusty :)

Shoot, or just send them to me for a nice combo set... hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The look at address of these clubs is tough to beat. Performance to match makes them worthy of consideration for anyone on the fence. There is a reason they went 1st and 4th in the draft this past weekend.

919F - Wednesday ... depending on the FedEx gods.

i love my c300 forged sticks, but a blended 919 forged and tour set has got to be amazing

Arrival - 919Forged

Specs as to Length and Swingweight were correct. I asked for an upright lie, which I need to test dynamically to see if it fits or whether we need to bend back towards stock.

Interesting, in Pics 8-PW have less help in cavity for more precision, then 3i-7i give you more help (this set is 5-PW). See cut in 7i cavity.

Attachments

• IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 2
Arrival - 919Forged

Specs as to Length and Swingweight were correct. I asked for an upright lie, which I need to test dynamically to see if it fits or whether we need to bend back towards stock.

Interesting, in Pics 8-PW have less help in cavity for more precision, then 3i-7i give you more help (this set is 5-PW). See cut in 7i cavity.

OMG that is AWESOME looking!!!!! :bulgy-eyes:

Arrival - 919Forged

Nice choice! The note you mentioned about the undercut cavity is very, very common in the "forged distance" category and definitely a great feature. My Apex from 2014 have that, although I think the undercut stops at the 9 iron. I'll hopefully be able to directly compare soon.

Nice choice! The note you mentioned about the undercut cavity is very, very common in the "forged distance" category and definitely a great feature. My Apex from 2014 have that, although I think the undercut stops at the 9 iron. I'll hopefully be able to directly compare soon.

You can see it in the c300 forged as well. Also nike did this with a lot of their combo sets. Very nice touches for those who want some help in the longer irons but need the consistency in the scoring ones.

Thx. I expected less assistance in the 8-PW but no one in previous posts in any forum discussed the precision short irons and the differences - probably because everyone was demoing the 7i. I did not know where the cavity cut would be curtailed - now we know. I was hoping 9i, but we'll see how they've done forgiveness with the 8i - I did notice that swingweight increased to D3 in 9i and then D4 in PW. When I ordered this set, I said "What the heck, just give me D3 in 8i."

Thx. I expected less assistance in the 8-PW but no one in previous posts in any forum discussed the precision short irons and the differences - probably because everyone was demoing the 7i. I did not know where the cavity cut would be curtailed - now we know. I was hoping 9i, but we'll see how they've done forgiveness with the 8i - I did notice that swingweight increased to D3 in 9i and then D4 in PW. When I ordered this set, I said "What the heck, just give me D3 in 8i."

I’ve found the 8 iron to be my favorite club in the set so far - you will get on just fine !

very interested to see how those shafts do for you, you are one of the only ones that answered my thread looking for info on them.

919F - think it is a good fit with the Project X LZ 90 Graphite. Soft yet direct feel. Mid to high flight depending on ball position. Had some irons bombs for me - 170 7i, 155 8i, even a leaking 7i got 160. In between clubs at 140, positioned ball forward and had a nice 140 yd 8i high bomb that settled within 3 feet of its mark. It was an up and down day due to new swing tweaks, but nice irons!

Finally demo'd the HM head yesterday. Long even with range balls. I think with the correct lie and shaft they'll work well for me. Fitting Wednesday.

I am really getting along with The 919 Tours. Not a huge difference from the 900 Tours, I went to a little heavier shaft with the PX LZ 6.0 and I have really stabilized my dispersion. I am not having any issues with the 5 or the 6 as far as launching it. I would not try to play the 4 iron in the Tours, just a little small fro me.

I am really getting along with The 919 Tours. Not a huge difference from the 900 Tours, I went to a little heavier shaft with the PX LZ 6.0 and I have really stabilized my dispersion. I am not having any issues with the 5 or the 6 as far as launching it. I would not try to play the 4 iron in the Tours, just a little small fro me.

The forged 4i is pretty awesome - could fit in nicely !

Well as of yesterday I am now waiting for my set of 919 tour irons to come in from Mizuno. I ordered them standard l/l/l with DG X100 shafts, MCC Plus4 gray grips and swingweighted to D4. I decided to go 4-PW. Now I have to wait for them to come from Mizuno. I ordered from the PGA Tour Superstore and the guys there said that Mizuno is normally one of the quickest turn around times if they have the parts. I hope this is the case and they get here SOON!

Well as of yesterday I am now waiting for my set of 919 tour irons to come in from Mizuno. I ordered them standard l/l/l with DG X100 shafts, MCC Plus4 gray grips and swingweighted to D4. I decided to go 4-PW. Now I have to wait for them to come from Mizuno. I ordered from the PGA Tour Superstore and the guys there said that Mizuno is normally one of the quickest turn around times if they have the parts. I hope this is the case and they get here SOON!

I preordered mine through Morton’s - they let me use a discount - and it took like 9-10 days. Really fast!

I preordered mine through Morton’s - they let me use a discount - and it took like 9-10 days. Really fast!

That is excellent news!!!!

Can’t wait to see pics, congrats !

Thanks man. How are you getting along with your new sticks?

Thanks man. How are you getting along with your new sticks?

I love them. They feel so soft and buttery, but also hot on the face. They fly high and land soft, and plenty of forgiveness for the profile. Obsessed. Helps that they are stunningly good looking, too.

Back