Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Is it me or do the soles look larger than I would expect for a "Tour" iron?
Either way, they look great, hope they work out for you.

Maybe that's what Brooks Koepka wanted - still, not a lot of bounce so the slightly wider sole helps effective bounce.

From what I gathered in interviews and whatbnot brooks basically said, I want the 900s but thinner top line/more player looking from address. I think they got that with these although I’ve never held the 900s in hand. This are a great blend of player and help iron. Obviously not as helpful as the forged or the hot metal but these aren’t going to kill you. I had plenty of toe-ish hits in Florida with the 4 iron that still flew around 185/190. That’s pretty darn good for me. Only hits I noticed that didn’t fly anywhere near what I needed were higher on the face hits (middle to top) those flew really high but basically dropped out of the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see a WITB this week but Tway was using a combo set of these for his 1st win.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

I'm looking to replace my Z545 with 919F. Not that there's anything wrong with the Z545 but the 919F are too pretty to resist. Will I lose out on any forgiveness and distance by going the 919F route?

Hot Metals arrived exactly one week after my fitting. Feels like Christmas! Unfortunately, Mother Nature seems determined to keep us from getting properly acquainted. They sure feel good off the hitting mat though. Hopefully I'll get an opportunity to break 'em in soon.

I ordered a 55* SW, but it's a pretty big change from my current SW, so whether I'll game it is TBD. Sure is purdy though.

Attachments

• iinEUDeXQ0qPM%548DZs6A.jpg
    iinEUDeXQ0qPM%548DZs6A.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • j2fYXaZmSs2AwEfMzu2NmA.jpg
    j2fYXaZmSs2AwEfMzu2NmA.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • tz4w8j6pQZCaA1BaZk75dA.jpg
    tz4w8j6pQZCaA1BaZk75dA.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Hot Metals arrived exactly one week after my fitting. Feels like Christmas! Unfortunately, Mother Nature seems determined to keep us from getting properly acquainted. They sure feel good off the hitting mat though. Hopefully I'll get an opportunity to break 'em in soon.

I ordered a 55* SW, but it's a pretty big change from my current SW, so whether I'll game it is TBD. Sure is purdy though.

Man these look awesome! Congrats!

Great looking sticks!!!

Nice pick up Hacker Rod! Hopefully we can get a little bit more juice out of this season and you can get some rounds in with those beauties!

One more in the bag ...

Attachments

• nHwf2kvKT%GUqFC50QP4Og.jpg
    nHwf2kvKT%GUqFC50QP4Og.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
I'm looking to replace my Z545 with 919F. Not that there's anything wrong with the Z545 but the 919F are too pretty to resist. Will I lose out on any forgiveness and distance by going the 919F route?

Don't think you'll lose distance if properly fitted - I gained 10-15 yds per club. Forgiveness - Up to 7i, you have that drilled out cavity bringing the COG lower and back, and lots of toe forgiveness. 8-PW will be more precise and consistent although I picked up 10 yrds on the short irons as compared to my previous irons - I am using the PX LZ Tour 90 Graphite, so I'm sure that helps.

Ordered the 919F Gap Wedge last night ...

Last edited:
Don't think you'll lose distance if properly fitted - I gained 10-15 yds per club. Forgiveness - Up to 7i, you have that drilled out cavity bringing the COG lower and back, and lots of toe forgiveness. 8-PW will be more precise and consistent although I picked up 10 yrds on the short irons as compared to my previous irons - I am using the PX LZ Tour 90 Graphite, so I'm sure that helps.

Ordered the 919F Gap Wedge last night ...

The gap wedge is $$$ you will be very pleased

I think next season is a "new irons" season for me and these are way, way at the top of the list right now. Has anyone experimented with combo-ing these? I keep finding myself looking at specs and jotting down ideas about a 5-6 Hot Metal, 7-8-9 Forged, PW-GW Tour (or Forged) set.

I think next season is a "new irons" season for me and these are way, way at the top of the list right now. Has anyone experimented with combo-ing these? I keep finding myself looking at specs and jotting down ideas about a 5-6 Hot Metal, 7-8-9 Forged, PW-GW Tour (or Forged) set.

Each person would have to hit them to determine if distances work out, but the lofts are pretty in line between the sets so combo-ing is feasible on the surface. Should have done that at the ultimate weekend, but different shafts and whatnot limited the effectiveness.

Each person would have to hit them to determine if distances work out, but the lofts are pretty in line between the sets so combo-ing is feasible on the surface. Should have done that at the ultimate weekend, but different shafts and whatnot limited the effectiveness.

That's what it seems like. My initial thought (and this is without having hit them), is maybe the 5 & 6 Hot Metal a degree (or 2) weak would have them fit nicely from a gapping perspective.

Had heard there may be a JPX fli-hi coming? Does anyone know?

That's what it seems like. My initial thought (and this is without having hit them), is maybe the 5 & 6 Hot Metal a degree (or 2) weak would have them fit nicely from a gapping perspective.

I think it's an individual thing, the loft tweaking, depending on the fit. One hears varying reports of distance with the forged - some thinking it approaches the HM for them, others not so much. Tomorrow, I take my 919F for a lesson and he has Trackman. Have some 900 HM at the instructor's place. Will see if I have time and compare.

I think it's an individual thing, the loft tweaking, depending on the fit. One hears varying reports of distance with the forged - some thinking it approaches the HM for them, others not so much. Tomorrow, I take my 919F for a lesson and he has Trackman. Have some 900 HM at the instructor's place. Will see if I have time and compare.

Okay, at the lesson I hit the 900 HM, and I assume, the 919 HM, are really long with the right shaft. I hit a too flexy shaft and it was long; hit one with a 105 Stiff and it was more comparable to the 919F - so get fit with the right shaft. I'm kind of a tweener - a true to stiff regular. Waiting for the Hot Metal Pro as a backup or mix and match ...

ETA: Wednesday for my 919 Forged from the Ultimate Weekend with Dynamic Gold 120 TI S400.

Can't. Freaking. Wait. Might get the juices flowing to golf again if the weather cooperates.

Okay, at the lesson I hit the 900 HM, and I assume, the 919 HM, are really long with the right shaft. I hit a too flexy shaft and it was long; hit one with a 105 Stiff and it was more comparable to the 919F - so get fit with the right shaft. I'm kind of a tweener - a true to stiff regular. Waiting for the Hot Metal Pro as a backup or mix and match ...

Is it confirmed that there's a HM Pro version coming? I guess it would be slightly smaller profile / offset but otherwise pretty much the same as current?

Is it confirmed that there's a HM Pro version coming? I guess it would be slightly smaller profile / offset but otherwise pretty much the same as current?

it has a space reserved in the fitting carts

ETA: Wednesday for my 919 Forged from the Ultimate Weekend with Dynamic Gold 120 TI S400.

Can't. Freaking. Wait. Might get the juices flowing to golf again if the weather cooperates.

mine are out on the truck now!

soo stoked

USPS better not be pulling no pranks. Recent update says "Out for delivery"

IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!

Lucky!!! My mail doesn’t come here for like another hour

Stoked for you guys. Braving the cold tomorrow and getting these out!

Back