Mizuno JPX919 Irons

ac3116bcd2ac1fb71af0b2ba34b6d177.jpg
6abe03838cc8479194e377453c90e1e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just read a piece on them, think it was on WRX. I'm pumped to give them a look.

Still waiting a response but have it out to several on Twitter. Hopefully our THP Team will be able to get the answer also.

Reading posts from other sites, ahem, first it would be offered in lefty, and then someone wiht apparent knowledge said "no lefty" for the HM Pro ... But the HM and 919F are very forgiving - the HM is just on steroids. Another alternative is to mix a set. If it were not for the HM Pro, I'd get the HM in a 4i and weaken the loft by a degree or two. May still do so.

Reading posts from other sites, ahem, first it would be offered in lefty, and then someone wiht apparent knowledge said "no lefty" for the HM Pro ... But the HM and 919F are very forgiving - the HM is just on steroids. Another alternative is to mix a set. If it were not for the HM Pro, I'd get the HM in a 4i and weaken the loft by a degree or two. May still do so.

I did a split with the 900 HM and Forged. Going that route for you with the build you mention could be a really good addition.

Just read a piece on them, think it was on WRX. I'm pumped to give them a look.

I saw that too! Gonna have to give them a whirl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I already have my set in HM in the bag, I was trying to find out about left hand for someone else.
I have a couple rounds in already, and the HM's are great irons, plenty of distance and great forgiveness.

Looking for feedback on anyone gaming a combo set of tour and forged models. Thinking forged 5-6 and tour 7-PW (with adjusted lofts to ensure consistency).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 919 HM 4-PW. I’ve been using a 48 CBX I had bent to 50 as my Gap Wedge. But since I’m so happy with the 919 irons I have been on a serious ponder for the set GW. Those of you that are gaming the set GW how are you liking it? Bonus for me would be has anyone hit both the set GW and a similar CBX have any opinions? The CBX is a good club and I like it but these 919 are so sweet.

My 919 Hot Metals arrived today!

de28659e35d8493c2e5670d171fedb61.jpg

7c22e30edf6dd8d63dd68eb8e90055e7.jpg

f377e57c7940916035bb4d7f7ea97981.jpg

d56d52847d35b8df7316db834f92dcf4.jpg

I plan to get them to the driving range this weekend and put them through their paces!

Those look great Golf Dawg!!!!

@Kenomikes I think you seen the answer, no LH in the Hot Metal Pro.

I have the 919 HM 4-PW. I’ve been using a 48 CBX I had bent to 50 as my Gap Wedge. But since I’m so happy with the 919 irons I have been on a serious ponder for the set GW. Those of you that are gaming the set GW how are you liking it? Bonus for me would be has anyone hit both the set GW and a similar CBX have any opinions? The CBX is a good club and I like it but these 919 are so sweet.

Did you think about the 919F Gap Wedge as it may be more playable than the HM.

I was at golf shop yesterday to compare few GI irons. Compared HM, i500, P790 and CF19. All with regular graphite shafts.
Currently I am gaming Z765 with c-taper lite in regular. For the guide Z765 my carry was 145-148 with 5500 spin.
HM gave me the best result and feel for me. Came the closest was P790.
With 7i HM with project x and recoil. carry 160-165 with 4000-4300 spin. Felt pretty good. Not harsh at all.
i500 with ping stock graphite shaft. felt harsh and clicky with 150 carry with similar spin as HM.
P790 with recoil. feels similar to HM with similar distance with 3500-4000 spin.
CF19 feels decent with recoil and catalyst shafts. Carry 155 with 4500 spin avg. It was similar result that I had with CF16. CF19 does look slimmer than 16. Looks very compact. Wonderful profile from the top.

I really didn’t pay too much attention on other detail. I most concentrated on carry distance/spin no. I alternate all the irons for hours. All the samples were done with chrome soft cause I tried them at callaway fitting area. Salesman tried hard to sell me the CF19 but when he saw the result with HM he said I should go with HM. HM descent angle was 42*
I am still on fence on HM due to low spin cause some ran out to 175-178 after they landed. My 7i with Z765 usually stay few yards from ball mark. I tried to think like HM 7i is my 6i and still my 6i carry 165 but much less run out. I probably go back and try steel shafts on HM and see if I can find more spin.
Maybe HM pro might give me better result when they come out.
HM is most affordable with best result for me. $124/club with no up charge on shafts.
Sorry for long post.

I was at golf shop yesterday to compare few GI irons. Compared HM, i500, P790 and CF19. All with regular graphite shafts.
Currently I am gaming Z765 with c-taper lite in regular. For the guide Z765 my carry was 145-148 with 5500 spin.
HM gave me the best result and feel for me. Came the closest was P790.
With 7i HM with project x and recoil. carry 160-165 with 4000-4300 spin. Felt pretty good. Not harsh at all.
i500 with ping stock graphite shaft. felt harsh and clicky with 150 carry with similar spin as HM.
P790 with recoil. feels similar to HM with similar distance with 3500-4000 spin.
CF19 feels decent with recoil and catalyst shafts. Carry 155 with 4500 spin avg. It was similar result that I had with CF16. CF19 does look slimmer than 16. Looks very compact. Wonderful profile from the top.

I really didn’t pay too much attention on other detail. I most concentrated on carry distance/spin no. I alternate all the irons for hours. All the samples were done with chrome soft cause I tried them at callaway fitting area. Salesman tried hard to sell me the CF19 but when he saw the result with HM he said I should go with HM. HM descent angle was 42*
I am still on fence on HM due to low spin cause some ran out to 175-178 after they landed. My 7i with Z765 usually stay few yards from ball mark. I tried to think like HM 7i is my 6i and still my 6i carry 165 but much less run out. I probably go back and try steel shafts on HM and see if I can find more spin.
Maybe HM pro might give me better result when they come out.
HM is most affordable with best result for me. $124/club with no up charge on shafts.
Sorry for long post.

I haven't had any issued holding greens with the HM, plenty of spin and the decent angle helps. You will always get more run out on a monitor than on an actual green.
I wouldn't worry about that at all.

I’m still enjoying these tours. My only complaint about them is the finish. Love that is filled to reduce glare, but it certainly does take a bit of a beating and I feel the face looks worse/more work than it should only being used since September.

Not a huge deal but it’s noticeable.

I still can’t get over how playable these are. As in, I haven’t had my A game very often throughout testing/playing with these, but I will say they’ve been very consistent, and not as punishing as many would think.

Did you think about the 919F Gap Wedge as it may be more playable than the HM.

I actually did look at it, so it’s officially on the ponder list as well as the HM. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have been waiting for the HM Pro to officially make it out, and from what i hear i like what i have seen so far. For me the best news was the offset, which was stated to be a hair less than the forged which surprised me, but made since if people wanted to put these in for some combo sets.

I have been waiting for the HM Pro to officially make it out, and from what i hear i like what i have seen so far. For me the best news was the offset, which was stated to be a hair less than the forged which surprised me, but made since if people wanted to put these in for some combo sets.

A hair less of offset means little or nothing, but the fact that offset is similar is good news!

Surprisingly, I am having no issues launching the 919F 5i. The 919F irons are pretty incredible, but I can see getting a HM Pro 4i with that wide sole, low COG and incredible distance off tee or deck. I don't expect HM Pro to get all of the distance of the HM, and will adjust the 4i loft maybe weaken it by one degree to start. Haven't carried a 4i in 15 yrs....

A hair less of offset means little or nothing, but the fact that offset is similar is good news!

Surprisingly, I am having no issues launching the 919F 5i. The 919F irons are pretty incredible, but I can see getting a HM Pro 4i with that wide sole, low COG and incredible distance off tee or deck. I don't expect HM Pro to get all of the distance of the HM, and will adjust the 4i loft maybe weaken it by one degree to start. Haven't carried a 4i in 15 yrs....

Why would you think the Pro model won't get the same distance as the regular HM? The lofts are exactly the same, just a tiny bit smaller blade length and less off set, they should be equal.
Interested in your thoughts on this.

Why would you think the Pro model won't get the same distance as the regular HM? The lofts are exactly the same, just a tiny bit smaller blade length and less off set, they should be equal.
Interested in your thoughts on this.

I think Mizuno themselves said ballspeed would not be quite as fast - I don't base anything I say on me - it's what I read from decent sources. Thinking about it, you are shorter heel to toe, thinner topline, less offset - my prediction would be that the face will flex less due to the shorter heel-toe, less forgiving because of less weight of the topline ...

My guess is that most of us won't see any difference in distance due to our inconsistencies and it will still offer great forgivenss - just not as much as the HM - that's why they call it the HM Pro.

I think Mizuno themselves said ballspeed would not be quite as fast - I don't base anything I say on me - it's what I read from decent sources. Thinking about it, you are shorter heel to toe, thinner topline, less offset - my prediction would be that the face will flex less due to the shorter heel-toe, less forgiving because of less weight of the topline ...

My guess is that most of us won't see any difference in distance due to our inconsistencies and it will still offer great forgivenss - just not as much as the HM - that's why they call it the HM Pro.

I'll buy that and it makes sense.
I'm happy with the HM and look forward to this upcoming golf season.

I'll buy that and it makes sense.
I'm happy with the HM and look forward to this upcoming golf season.

I almost bought the 900 HM to replace my PXG XF irons - the HM offered so much more distance and consistency. The 919 HM is an excellent choice - might end up with a set but need to get rid of the 11 PXG irons I have on hand.

I almost bought the 900 HM to replace my PXG XF irons - the HM offered so much more distance and consistency. The 919 HM is an excellent choice - might end up with a set but need to get rid of the 11 PXG irons I have on hand.

I sold quite a few things to get a new set this year.
The fitting was fun and swung quite a few different brands and combos, but in the end the HM worked for me and I like the looks. Only thing is I dropped weight and shaft flex this year, starting to age I guess. :drinks:

I sold quite a few things to get a new set this year.
The fitting was fun and swung quite a few different brands and combos, but in the end the HM worked for me and I like the looks. Only thing is I dropped weight and shaft flex this year, starting to age I guess. :drinks:

I know the mental and physical pain of age, but it's also an opportunity.

R+ flex and 80-90g of shaft weight is where I am at the moment. But SW AND LW are still Nippon Steel and 120g or so.

Excited to get the 919 Forged in. I debated endlessly between the Tour and Forged model. I thought about doing a combo set, but at the end of the day, felt the Forged would be a better fit. I am a 7 hc and working to get lower. I do have a set of MP5s I can take out when I want a tougher challenge.

How much more demanding are the Tour? The fitter mentioned trying a more compact iron due to less offset and more spin which I may need because I tend to deloft the club.

Back