Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Had a pretty good ball striking day today. No issues holding greens at all. Did lose a few shots right, but nothing severe. Just wasn't getting thru the ball and let them leak. Really enjoying the Recoil 95's in the irons. Elbow issues are almost non existent.

Yes, I like them. Had an opportunity to hit the Hot Metal and Forged today with Modus 105 stiff. Mizuno shaft optimizer gave me Modus 105 the first time and Modus 120 the second time. I think the 105 is more for me though. I could game really any of these sets, Full set of HM, full set of Forged or a combo. Would love to hit the pro at some point but these two were sweet today.

What type of set makeup are you looking for?

I’m very unsure. Maybe HMP or maybe Forged. I lean HMP currently. I’ve moved away from my custom order because it will be cost prohibitive to order from someone and I have the shafts in my house anyway to swap if I don’t like whatever comes in them

I’m very unsure. Maybe HMP or maybe Forged. I lean HMP currently. I’ve moved away from my custom order because it will be cost prohibitive to order from someone and I have the shafts in my house anyway to swap if I don’t like whatever comes in them

And there are a lot of gear stuff coming haha

And there are a lot of gear stuff coming haha

What is gear stuff? (Might be a typo, might not - you never know with a JB tease)

Ya know, gear stuff

Whatever it is, I want to hit it. I’ve had the same set in my bag all year (and will for another month or two) but I need to try other things so I don’t lose my roots.

Someone say Gear Stuff?

Guys I was referring to Moltens current bag, which is from the Morgan Cup.

HMP's continue to impress... regret not getting a combo set, I don't really need that power in lower irons. I'm starting to have to dial back due a loss in spin, holding greens has become an issue. Even on my relatively soft public course greens I need to land short and let the ball settle in. With past iron I lost distance (or power... depending on your perspective) and could just fire at pins and hold. I would basically laser and hit to that number. Now, I laser and hit 5 yards short and try to end up pin high. It's taken some time adjusting.

Going to experiment here... came across a set on eBay that matched my specs and made me realize one of the faults of the fitting process. Club Champion and I think most fitters I’ve ever been to go on 6 iron numbers. I was fit for HM pro’s and am absolutely in love with the 5/6 HMpro but I’m not entirely a huge fan of them in 8/9/PW.

New set is 1/4 inch short, 2 flat... I couldn’t ask for a better find.

4 iron is HM, 5/6 are 919 forged, 7-pw tour... all bent to have spacing.

Price was right... we’ll see if I can handle the tour in the 7 iron. That’s the only question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back