Mizuno JPX919 Irons

ask @jdtox and @OITW what they think of HMP's now hahaha

Can confirm, so so good. Laser beams on the Trackman

Ball go straight, Ball go far 195 total distance 7i

Would not hate to have a gamer set of these

Which is it?! Pew pew (laser beams) or bang bang (happy bullets)?! Yeah - I’m excited to find a shop with these to try.

Of course!?

I recommend a little shop in southeast Ohio, Golf Exchange - staff is fantastic and loves to just talk golf.

You also might know some peeps out there hehe

Ball go straight, Ball go far 195 total distance 7i

Would not hate to have a gamer set of these

Of course!?

I recommend a little shop in southeast Ohio, Golf Exchange - staff is fantastic and loves to just talk golf.

You also might know some peeps out there hehe

That’s crazy long. And I might need an Ohio trip at some point to see this shop and some folks.

I guess I'm the one percent! The Hot Metal Pros are officially out of the bag! Today was the final nail...Ben Hogan PTx Pro irons are better! The first week of marriage was MAGICAL....but, like any bad relationship, issues started rearing their ugly head and you have to know when to get out! I will remember the good times!

I guess I'm the one percent! The Hot Metal Pros are officially out of the bag! Today was the final nail...Ben Hogan PTx Pro irons are better! The first week of marriage was MAGICAL....but, like any bad relationship, issues started rearing their ugly head and you have to know when to get out! I will remember the good times!

Not even a question. When you switched at the turn from the Mizuno to the Ben Hogan it was like you weren't even the same player/playing the same game. I pured the 7 iron and some how came up short on that shot on 5 I think it was, but these just are not for you.

Put the 919 HM’s back in play last round and they were impressive. One shot that sticks out is a 6 iron into a long par 3 that I hit over water and stopped within a few feet of its pitch mark. It never left the flag. Usually play my Apex Pros (2016) and although these don’t feel as good which is expected, the forgiveness is awesome. Might keep playing them for a few more rounds.

Still loving my Hot Metals. As long as I swing smooth, they just love to fly straight. However, while I always pick up a bit of distance this time of year, for the last couple of weeks, the distance gain has been a little extreme. In the past I would pick up 5, maybe 10 yards. Lately, it's been 10-15 yards. I'm not sure if it's the clubs, my swing, the ball, or what, but I've had to make myself club down at least 1, sometimes 2 clubs on many shots.

Still loving my Hot Metals. As long as I swing smooth, they just love to fly straight. However, while I always pick up a bit of distance this time of year, for the last couple of weeks, the distance gain has been a little extreme. In the past I would pick up 5, maybe 10 yards. Lately, it's been 10-15 yards. I'm not sure if it's the clubs, my swing, the ball, or what, but I've had to make myself club down at least 1, sometimes 2 clubs on many shots.

I haven't noticed that much, but consistent distances across the set. They have been performing great for me. I will play these right up until December before they get replaced. I am really enjoying the Recoils and like the performance with these irons.

But these... THESE....

112444be95724c46f7747b30efe42356.png

#Chromooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly

I am going to need to investigate these stat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to need to investigate these stat!

I need someone to convince me I shouldn’t get fit for a set.

I haven't noticed that much, but consistent distances across the set. They have been performing great for me. I will play these right up until December before they get replaced. I am really enjoying the Recoils and like the performance with these irons.

For me, the Recoils are a perfect fit with these Hot Metals.

I took them out of my bag too but something tells me a shaft change would help.

I didn’t enjoy a 6 iron fitting as it left me rocketing the 5/6 iron but unimpressed with the feel in scoring irons.

Landed a strange mixed set off eBay for short, short change that met my 1/4 inch down 2 flat specs and they were loaded with modus 105 regs.

4 HM
5/6 919 Forged
7-PW 919 Tour

Out of the box I was SUPER intimidated by the 919 tour. They’re a lot thinner then appears online.

I then went and shot 72 first round out. I’ve since gone 75, 35, 36 since (and an 89 but that’s another story as I played an insanely hard course).

I never thought the 919 T would work for me but my GIR % is way up. The shaft is perfect, low penetrating flight with plenty of spin and hold.

I maintain my opinion that the Hot Metal Pro is the gem of this lineup. Feedback to the ears, it is without compare as far as 919 JPX goes.

Outstanding.

I maintain my opinion that the Hot Metal Pro is the gem of this lineup. Feedback to the ears, it is without compare as far as 919 JPX goes.

Outstanding.

Did you and JB compare spin numbers with the different 919's? I'd be curious to see how far off they are from each other since a lot of people are seeing low spin with the HM and HMP's.

So haven't been able to golf much lately however on my last outing I got my hands on a set of jpx919 tour. These are nice. Definitely a more modern blade. These dont go far but they hit their numbers and stop on a dime.

A few weeks ago I was fitted into a set of Wilson C300 with a KBS Tour 105 Stiff shaft (110-114g). The shop did not have any Mizunos in stock however so I have now decided to buy the 919 Forged blind.

I have the following shafts (in stiff) to choose from:

KBS Tour (120g)
Project X - LZ 6.0
Project X - Rifle 6.0
Nippon Modus 105
Nippon Modus 120
True Temper DG 105 (s300)
True Temper DG 120 (s300)

Which shaft do you think is the closest to the KBS Tour 105? Or which one should I get? My swing speed with my irons is between 80-85 mph (driver around 105 mph) and carry distance with a 7 iron is around 155 yards.

Unfortunately I do not have time to go for another custom fitting.

Outstanding.

In what way are they better than the Forged and the regular Hot Metal respectively?

Also wondering about if/how to best blend this set. I am thinking:

#4 - 5: HMP
#6 - GW: Forged

Or should I rather do:

#4-7: HMP
#8-GW: Forged

Thoughts? I have 8 handicap.

I've never seen a set of JPX 919 Hot Metal irons in person. It's not something the local stores carry. I have seen the Hot Metal Pro because a friend of mine recently bought a set.

Is there any difference at all between the 919 Hot Metal and the JPX 900 Hot Metal I'm currently using? Based on photos, that has to be one of the smallest year-to-year changes I can recall from a major manufacturer. If someone slipped a 919 Hot Metal 9-iron into my bag in place of my 900 HM I might not even notice.

But I think the heel-toe length of the 919 HM may be a smidge longer than the heel-toe length of 900 HM. And I read something online saying the 919 HM has a sharper (or less blunted) leading edge.

Did you and JB compare spin numbers with the different 919's? I'd be curious to see how far off they are from each other since a lot of people are seeing low spin with the HM and HMP's.

I actually did this with Danny Le from UST going from the 919 tour to the Hot Metal Pro and it's definitely different. Hot Metal Pro is lower and less spinny, but loft to loft it makes a lot of sense with the HMP at 30 in the 7 and the Tours at 34.

Reading that, it actually makes me more impressed with the Tours even though I enjoy the feedback off the HMP's quite a bit more.

I went through an outdoor fitting with Mizuno today. The 919 Forged won out pretty easily with a shaft I haven't played in about 6 years. I've been playing Recoil 95's, but had a higher ball flight and better dispersion with the KBS Tours. I went in thinking HMP's with Recoils but results don't lie.

Making a guest appearance - have played the 919 Forged since they came out - changed out to Accra i80 Shafts, although PX LZ Pro 90's do well on the course.

Haven't tried the HMPros as I was hitting the forged well.

I really like the 919 Forged - forgiving enough, small enough, workable, hot enough, good feel - just a great all around iron for the low to mid capper.

I haven't fiddled with my bag other than to buy a Bettinardi BB39 and some hand ground Vokeys in 55 and 60 - which I recommend - my insructor than ground more of the trailing edge to add spin. When it's raw and grind it - the grind marks disappear.

JPX 919 Forged - big thumbs up.

Tried these at my fitting last weekend. Amazing looks and feel, ended up going for the Apex Pro CF19s due to marginally better performance.

Back