Srixon Z U85 Utility Review

Distance and accuracy was not a problem for you with that club today.

Going to be fun watching it in action tomorrow

Picked up a U85 3i and got my first round in with it last weekend, it’s definitely got a home in my bag. I ordered it with a Recoil 95F5 shaft and it’s a great fit for me in this club, hit some really nice looking high fades off the tee that that landed soft and put me in position A. Mega fan of this club so far, I was originally a little hesitant about the lighter weight 95g Recoil. In a 3 iron length club in X-flex it’s been great though.

Big SoIL;n8876474 said:
Picked up a U85 3i and got my first round in with it last weekend, it’s definitely got a home in my bag. I ordered it with a Recoil 95F5 shaft and it’s a great fit for me in this club, hit some really nice looking high fades off the tee that that landed soft and put me in position A. Mega fan of this club so far, I was originally a little hesitant about the lighter weight 95g Recoil. In a 3 iron length club in X-flex it’s been great though.

I'm telling you guys, this club is LEGIT!

How good is the sound, eh? Just rips.

Canadan;n8876476 said:
I'm telling you guys, this club is LEGIT!

How good is the sound, eh? Just rips.

It’s fantastic man! Just such a pure sound on quality strikes.

At the final round of the league in a few weeks time I just know this club is going to get some use as the course I will be playing has a number of dogleg par 4 holes where this will be the ideal club to put me in position

It is still a favourite and to be honest, has been used more than my 3W since the new clubs have been in the bag

I put my ZU85 back into play this week. I really enjoy this club and it fits perfectly again with my gaps. I seem to hit a nice little fade with it which is perfect if I can hit that on a regular basis.

@LSMO I took the U85 18* you sent me out for a rip today. It’s a fun club, thank you!

78E1A730-B564-4FF7-9816-930A1527D1DA.jpeg

I wanted to get a round in with an 18* utility to set a baseline for the Ben Hogan UiHi 18* I have arriving this week. It turns out I played this better than I hoped today. As always, U85 feels spectacular, it’s the best feeling utility I‘ve hit. I have lots of seat time with ZU65 20* and 23*, this was my first round with the 18*.

I first used it on the 5th tee to split a fairway (twice!), with a couple of lower flighted punches to fight a fade wind, leaving me in great position left of center on this difficult 90* dogleg left.

E96EB5BE-F0C2-4A92-AAA8-7DC81D697B50.jpeg

Then on 8th tee, my favorite drive-able Par 4, I was able to score two birdies from tee shots just off the green. The hole is a dogleg left sets up perfect for drawing over a tree, which makes the 285 yards play more like 250.

First ball - Pin high right
DED49BAF-80F0-4985-B377-6C4DD0886D12.jpeg

Second ball - Over the green looking back toward the tee box (back behind the tallest pine center view)
01F2340E-25C5-43EE-9ECE-537AEC11C74F.jpeg

Tweet Tweet
2A23C703-4D12-494D-AC92-95152000F384.jpeg
I also played a couple of Par 5 approach’s off the turf to decent effect, one notably pured from light rough. No peak height or descent records were endangered 😆 but I was solidly able to get the ball up and flat trajectory and rollout was ideal for today.

Last edited:
Dipping my toe into the Utility Iron segment, and have one of these on the way. After playing various 4i's as a driving iron excited to see how this performs for me.

18* 2i with Recoil is in hand. Can't wait to give this bad boy a run!

I tried an 18° for parts of the past two seasons, and as much as I am in love with how these utility irons look and sound, it’s just not quite the club for me.

When hit well, the ball flight was beautiful - I have mine paired with a Project X EvenFlow Blue.

With my swing, I think that I’d probably get better results from the 20° option.

Hit a few foam golf balls in the backyard. Biggest thing I noticed is how well the mirrored finish on the back on the U85 "hides" some of that junk in the trunk. Noticeable, but less than if they didn't have the mirrored finish.

Swing felt good. I was able to keep the ball on a pretty good line, and now I'm really excited to hit a real ball with this!

Hit two shots with this today, and man oh man love my first Utility Iron!! I have the 2i, 18*.

First shot straight away down the fairway to 229, and that was with no roll due to the soggy ground.

Second shot with a big elevation change, and had more than enough to get me to the top of the hill at 216 yds.

This is going to be a fun club to have in the bag!

i grabbed a 23* to see where it fits in the bag. i don't see it knocking the H65 out but if it's close to those numbers (190-200), it might...

Oh yes this is fun :love:

Went 2 for 3 fairways. First was a slight pull that went 257 :oops:. 2nd was a miss that still got out there 191 and found the fairway. But the best of the round with the 2i was a great shot that I needed to hit a yardage and spot, and did just that.

1651455272016.png

An update:

Averaging 237 off the tee with the 2i. Hitting 56% of FIR, but one bad round brought this down, so I'm curious to see if I can bring in up in the near future. Went through a stretch where I wasn't hitting this well, and had no confidence. Pulled it last round, and had some great results. Unfortunately didn't even get 9 holes in due to rain, but when I pulled this, it was good:

Driver here usually gets me in trouble, as even if I clear the trees I run out into the right rough. Great spot here to give me a good look at the pin.

Screenshot_20220708-104153_Shot Scope.jpg

A tight par 4, and with the wind in my face, my usual miss right gets exaggerated. So I pulled the 2i, and hit on right down the middle, leaving me 158 in on an uphill approach.
Screenshot_20220708-104202_Shot Scope.jpg

Back