Srixon Z 585 Driver Review

this x100. Love seeing the numbers you guys post for us tinkers. Just helps drive the urge to tinker more.

And we appreciate you reading them dude. Having the ability to put all this data in reviews has been awesome for all of us writers.

this x100. Love seeing the numbers you guys post for us tinkers. Just helps drive the urge to tinker more.

And we appreciate you reading them dude. Having the ability to put all this data in reviews has been awesome for all of us writers.

ditto to what James has said.

Back to the club at hand now, anyone have any additional questions for me on the 585 driver? I'm here for you.

Another great review and seeing these in my local shop was a nice surprise, I would love to try one and will when they have their demo day in a couple of weeks.

I tend to think the stock shaft would not work well for me being very high spin, but it is easy enough to change if things look promising.

Another great review and seeing these in my local shop was a nice surprise, I would love to try one and will when they have their demo day in a couple of weeks.

I tend to think the stock shaft would not work well for me being very high spin, but it is easy enough to change if things look promising.

Its exciting that they're being seen in the wild though, that is clearly critical for Srixon.

Frankly I was shocked they had them in stock, I was looking for a used U65 to play around with and low and behold there is the whole line up from woods to irons.

The U85 left with me but after a couple of rounds maybe that was a hasty decision that may need some changes....

Frankly I was shocked they had them in stock, I was looking for a used U65 to play around with and low and behold there is the whole line up from woods to irons.

The U85 left with me but after a couple of rounds maybe that was a hasty decision that may need some changes....

Dude! Go update that review thread if you would, @ddec and I have had some deep conversations on that club and I'm curious what you are seeing.

Here's one (a terrible camera shot of the app albeit) I put up in a couple other threads yesterday. Since the last shaft change this is what I have been seeing a lot of:

2601ac872a002f42d39806c424d44629.jpg

Back to the club at hand now, anyone have any additional questions for me on the 585 driver? I'm here for you.

have you ever gamed a more angular shaped driver for a length of time? i'm wondering how long it would take someone to get used to that less traditional shape.

have you ever gamed a more angular shaped driver for a length of time? i'm wondering how long it would take someone to get used to that less traditional shape.

that's a good question, esp to James who has admitted he is a bit of head case at times haha

that's a good question, esp to James who has admitted he is a bit of head case at times haha
It's not that angular or abnormal, we aren't talking Callaway Fusion shape. I think it'll take as long as someone wants it to to get used to it, for me, performance and feel trumped slightly nontraditional looks in a big way.

Great review and great looking driver. The more time I spend on this website the more I ponder Srixon's equipment.

I just saw this driver in a shop. I would never have considered it without this excellent review Thanks for the good writers at THP.

Do you normally play 10.5?

I typically play a 9.5, but I'm curious if the HZRDUS Red might be a bit too low launching for me. The only downside I see between the 585 and the 785 is that the 785 has more "no Upcharge" shaft options. I was really hoping to get a Helium 4 in this thing - but it appears that'll be extra if I go with a 585.

Do you normally play 10.5?

I typically play a 9.5, but I'm curious if the HZRDUS Red might be a bit too low launching for me. The only downside I see between the 585 and the 785 is that the 785 has more "no Upcharge" shaft options. I was really hoping to get a Helium 4 in this thing - but it appears that'll be extra if I go with a 585.

Yep, 10.5 or more.

I'm low launch by nature, but, hitting that 10-12 window as my speed is pretty optimal as it hits the peak (30y+) that I need/want it to.

The Red is a mid/mid shaft in my experience, so, you might be surprised.

Well done on the review. I look forward to hitting Srixon's drivers soon - I may have a near-all Srixon bag soon enough based on the quality they are putting on the market.

Well done on the review. I look forward to hitting Srixon's drivers soon - I may have a near-all Srixon bag soon enough based on the quality they are putting on the market.
Thank you dude. Much appreciated.

As always James, super review and excellent follow-up. I have typically had multi-adjustable driver heads and quite honestly I rarely mess with settings as on course performance has been better than my last. As a Srixon iron player for multiple generations, I am looking forward to hitting both the 585 and 785 drivers but will have to wait until next spring because I’m afraid I may see considerable improvement over my current driver and the budget at this time doesn’t include a new driver.

I’ll continue to follow and appreciate the in-depth insight of your journey. Thanks again James.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As always James, super review and excellent follow-up. I have typically had multi-adjustable driver heads and quite honestly I rarely mess with settings as on course performance has been better than my last. As a Srixon iron player for multiple generations, I am looking forward to hitting both the 585 and 785 drivers but will have to wait until next spring because I’m afraid I may see considerable improvement over my current driver and the budget at this time doesn’t include a new driver.

I’ll continue to follow and appreciate the in-depth insight of your journey. Thanks again James.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Jimmy, I really appreciate that.

Hit this some more yesterday, for a full round, and man it's fun.

I don't think I get away with as much compared to the Max on misses, but on the button it's pretty badass. Hit 166 ballspeed yesterday on the range.

One. Sixty. Six.

Another good time on the course with this yesterday. I'm trying to decide where it sits for me vs the G400 Max still, but I also haven't gotten them both on the monitor yet either. Maybe I can do that today.

Still, the big Q isn't ball speed, this has that and then some for me. But, its retention on misses I'm still most up in the air on.

Currently working on figuring out how to acquire two shafts (same) to plug into the 585 and the 785 for some side by side data since @Canadan is being kind enough to send over the 785

Hit this some more yesterday, for a full round, and man it's fun.

I don't think I get away with as much compared to the Max on misses, but on the button it's pretty badass. Hit 166 ballspeed yesterday on the range.

One. Sixty. Six.

You have my attention.

You have my attention.

Hahaha, its been good for me. Fixing to pull the ACCRA to give the people some 585 vs 785 action, but its a setup I'm really liking.

Back