Srixon Z 585 Driver Review

Forgot my freaking iPad, but I leave you with this today, with the ACCRA setup...

Best shot...

165 ballspeed
11.2 launch
2470 RPM
34y peak

Gone.

So. Gone.

Forgot my freaking iPad, but I leave you with this today, with the ACCRA setup...

Best shot...

165 ballspeed
11.2 launch
2470 RPM
34y peak

Gone.

So. Gone.

this is the part that gets me. i never thought you were a high ball hitter. do you typically see peak height of 34y?

those numbers are pretty nuts.

this is the part that gets me. i never thought you were a high ball hitter. do you typically see peak height of 34y?

those numbers are pretty nuts.
Nope, that's quite good for me, I'm usually around 30-31y. I am a lower launch player, but, the ballspeed I can make helps there so I seek out that 10*ish launch range usually. 11 is just icing on the cake.

Currently working on figuring out how to acquire two shafts (same) to plug into the 585 and the 785 for some side by side data since @Canadan is being kind enough to send over the 785

I liked the 785 just a touch more than the 585. It seemed to launch through the window I like a bit better since you can adjust it lower and open.

This was a screen I took with a tensei orange x and 785 set to 8.5* 1* open.

aa062a58c6ca5e96b31c33e75c87e150.jpg

@ckee how does that stack up to your current gamer?

I liked the 785 just a touch more than the 585. It seemed to launch through the window I like a bit better since you can adjust it lower and open.

This was a screen I took with a tensei orange x and 785 set to 8.5* 1* open.

aa062a58c6ca5e96b31c33e75c87e150.jpg

Pouuuuuuuunded

Srixon Z 585 Driver Review

@ckee how does that stack up to your current gamer?

Very similar, F8 launches lower even set at 9* but spin and distance is about the same. I lose a bit more distance with the F8 on the low face shot.

I’ve been testing everything trying to find something that is less penalizing on that low face miss.

For testing I take 2-3 swings. Tee the first low and try to hit below the equator than hit 2 more normal shots teeded normal.

Has a nice look at address.

daa977b762624d629012e4a024ea0312.jpg

Last edited:
Have some fun coming here soon, @Canadan is sending the 785 my way and thanks to @JB I've got two identical Aldila NV's that will be going in the 785 and the 585, built the same length, SW, grip, etc. Should be a fun article to do with some interesting data!

Have some fun coming here soon, @Canadan is sending the 785 my way and thanks to @JB I've got two identical Aldila NV's that will be going in the 785 and the 585, built the same length, SW, grip, etc. Should be a fun article to do with some interesting data!

Really cool!

Don’t forget both of those shafts have Cobra Connect built into the grip

Don’t forget both of those shafts have Cobra Connect built into the grip

Indeed they do! Will be interesting to mess with that on iOS because Arccos is pretty turrible on Android IME. Haha

To add to this....

The 585/785 will begin happening next week. Probably going to keep updates to myself until the article drops, should make for a more fun conversation after the fact, I hope!

Also, the 585 is consistently averaging higher ball speeds for me than the G400 Max, but accuracy still goes to the Max. The chase though, it is addicting so far.

No comment needed.

Its coming.

DSC_0260-XL.jpg

No comment needed.

Its coming.

DSC_0260-XL.jpg
Yessss...

Why do I feel like it'll be really hard NOT to buy a 585 driver?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Man I wish the 585 was not epoxied in so I could swap and compare with my 545. Still looking for a 565/765 heads on the cheap so I can do a larger comparison. Had a couple real nice shots yesterday with the 545 and if I can make any significant gains with the next two series I’d be over the moon.

I'm dying to see the comparison of these 2!!! I played 3 rounds and had multiple range sessions with the 785 with a 6.5 HZRDUS black. Launched very high and didn't travel far for me. Almost no roll out at all. It was very accurate and ball speed was way up, but launch was around 16* which was stupid high. Traded it in for the TS3 already.... I have a 6.5 HC HZRDUS Red in my USA edition M1 and love it. Curious to see how id hit the 585 since the Red comes stock in stores.

I'm dying to see the comparison of these 2!!! I played 3 rounds and had multiple range sessions with the 785 with a 6.5 HZRDUS black. Launched very high and didn't travel far for me. Almost no roll out at all. It was very accurate and ball speed was way up, but launch was around 16* which was stupid high. Traded it in for the TS3 already.... I have a 6.5 HC HZRDUS Red in my USA edition M1 and love it. Curious to see how id hit the 585 since the Red comes stock in stores.

If you hit the 785/Black high, you would likely hit the 585/Red REALLY high.

Stunned at how close the numbers between this and the 785 have been. Def more draw bias here, but the 785 sets up slightly closed too which shocked me (in a good way for me, but for others maybe not). Spin has this far been within 200-300 rpm and launch less than half a degree. Not what I expected.

Really surprising outcome with the head comparisons so far. These have my attention and I’m looking forward to hitting them.

Stunned at how close the numbers between this and the 785 have been. Def more draw bias here, but the 785 sets up slightly closed too which shocked me (in a good way for me, but for others maybe not). Spin has this far been within 200-300 rpm and launch less than half a degree. Not what I expected.

I was expecting a bigger difference too, tbh. Ball speeds similar among the heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was expecting a bigger difference too, tbh. Ball speeds similar among the heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very close. I'm refraining from posting hard data and saving it for the article, but so far it has been within 1 MPH of eachother (avg).

The 785 is a LOT different, and IMO more friendly, than the 765 which was to this day the lowest spinning driver I have played.

Hmmm, so ball speed, launch and spin numbers are pretty similar

Can you share any light on accuracy between the 2 of them? I know this is obviously down to each individual but I am curious to know how the accuracy fares

If they are, then I guess it comes down to whether you want/need the adjustability of the 785 over the 585?

Hmmm, so ball speed, launch and spin numbers are pretty similar

Can you share any light on accuracy between the 2 of them? I know this is obviously down to each individual but I am curious to know how the accuracy fares

If they are, then I guess it comes down to whether you want/need the adjustability of the 785 over the 585?

585 is definitely more draw biased, so there is more right to left ease there for many, which I know would be a big factor (pro or con) for many.

Overall though, much like I saw with the 585 in the time I reviewed it and since with all the shaft tinkering I've done, they're some of the more accurate heads I've hit this year, and the 785 is much more playable on misses than I anticipated. Its been very interesting so far with an apples to apples comparison (same shaft, build, etc) and I really want to get out for another full session with real golf balls to see if the data trend remains the same. Hopefully I can do that today or tomorrow.

585 is definitely more draw biased, so there is more right to left ease there for many, which I know would be a big factor (pro or con) for many.

Overall though, much like I saw with the 585 in the time I reviewed it and since with all the shaft tinkering I've done, they're some of the more accurate heads I've hit this year, and the 785 is much more playable on misses than I anticipated. Its been very interesting so far with an apples to apples comparison (same shaft, build, etc) and I really want to get out for another full session with real golf balls to see if the data trend remains the same. Hopefully I can do that today or tomorrow.

A couple years ago, the draw bias would have been very welcome, but now I am not so sure

I need to see if the club where I was fitted for my Srixon irons has these in so I can try and hit them and compare to my Cally GBB, but based on your teases up to now I suspect I might be leaning towards the 785

Back