Srixon Z 585 Driver Review

Hello - Has anyone played the 585 driver with the Mizu 6 shaft? Please share your thoughts thank you

Hello - Has anyone played the 585 driver with the Mizu 6 shaft? Please share your thoughts thank you
Not with that shaft, but I tested the head as extensively as possible over a couple of articles. What is it specifically are you wanting to know?

After walking 18 on a hilly course and sadly tweaking my back, I stopped into the golf store to get the Z585 on GC Hawk for the first time. It has been performing well on course and I wanted to know the specifics.

I hit about 40 shots with Mizuno irons first, by this point I was very tentative from muscle soreness. Nonetheless, three swings and done, the Z585 laid it down, if not at several MPH lower ball speed than usual. I was hitting irons a little slower just prior, and I'd expect the ballspeed here to compare to what I've seen with Cobra F9 and Callaway Epic when fresher.

Launch - 15.2 ?
Spin - 2012 ?

Peak Height - 37.7
Descent Angle - 39.5
Ballspeed - 153.4
Carry - 274.6

Repeatable baby draw ?

Last edited:
After walking 18 on a hilly course and sadly tweaking my back, I stopped into the golf store to get the Z585 on GC Hawk for the first time. It has been performing well on course and I wanted to know the specifics.

I hit about 40 shots with Mizuno irons first, by this point I was very tentative from muscle soreness. Nonetheless, three swings and done, the Z585 laid it down, if not at several MPH lower ball speed than usual. I was hitting irons a little slower just prior, and I'd expect the ballspeed here to compare to what I've seen with Cobra F9 and Callaway Epic when fresher.

Launch - 15.2 ?
Spin - 2012 ?

Peak Height - 37.7
Descent Angle - 39.5
Ballspeed - 153.4
Carry - 274.6

Repeatable baby draw ?
Those are leeeeeeeegit numbers! Nice!

Still the highest ball speeds I’ve seen of any driver on the market for me (this and the 785).

Z585 is a straight cannon. I wore out the center of the face today, over 27 holes I pulled it 11 times, and hit 9 fairways. Just nutting them. The ease of use and trajectory on this club with HZRDUS Red is phenomenal for me, absurdly good.

I'm hitting more fairway with Driver than 3w or Hybrid right now. That is completely unheard of.

I’ve had the same experience with the 785 this year. Stupid how many fairways I hit this year, on a side note I still made tons of doubles from the fairway

I’ve had the same experience with the 785 this year. Stupid how many fairways I hit this year, on a side note I still made tons of doubles from the fairway

I am familiar ?

Z585 is a straight cannon. I wore out the center of the face today, over 27 holes I pulled it 11 times, and hit 9 fairways. Just nutting them. The ease of use and trajectory on this club with HZRDUS Red is phenomenal for me, absurdly good.

I'm hitting more fairway with Driver than 3w or Hybrid right now. That is completely unheard of.

Ball speed for days, yo!

I did some late season driver driver testing yesterday. @BigDill sent me an shaft for my Cobra F9 that has been idle since July, so that I could see if I could transform it into a challenger for the Z585. I played two balls all day, one off the Z585, and the other off the Cobra F9 with Evenflow Blue.

Long story short, my gut tells me the Z585 wins for me on overall playability. Definitely on confidence and finding center. The trajectory seems perfect. And the HZRDUS Red is a shaft I can swing and sync up with very well, it just does its job without me having to think about it. By contrast, the F9 seems to spin just a bit more and flies higher, more at risk for ballooning for me, even when turned down to 9*. Shaft change did not help. I don't find center with it as well. I don't believe carry distance to be much different, but the Z585 is giving me the trajectory I want.

Love this driver.

index.php

Bumping this thread because this driver seems to be highly underrated!

I did some late season driver driver testing yesterday. @BigDill sent me an shaft for my Cobra F9 that has been idle since July, so that I could see if I could transform it into a challenger for the Z585. I played two balls all day, one off the Z585, and the other off the Cobra F9 with Evenflow Blue.

Long story short, my gut tells me the Z585 wins for me on overall playability. Definitely on confidence and finding center. The trajectory seems perfect. And the HZRDUS Red is a shaft I can swing and sync up with very well, it just does its job without me having to think about it. By contrast, the F9 seems to spin just a bit more and flies higher, more at risk for ballooning for me, even when turned down to 9*. Shaft change did not help. I don't find center with it as well. I don't believe carry distance to be much different, but the Z585 is giving me the trajectory I want.

Love this driver.

index.php

that’s a great picture!

Love this driver.

index.php

Srixon should buy this photo from you

the H85 would've complemented my Z565's nicely, I think

Love this driver.

index.php

May one ask what shaft you are currently using on your z585 driver?

I’m getting a page not found for the link....

Bumping this thread because this driver seems to be highly underrated!

It is crazy to me that this thread had 3-4 pages of release chatter, and then relatively few posts. And how some drivers are so popular while other fly under the radar.

The Z585 is forgiving, fast, and easy to hit. Such a good club.

the H85 would've complemented my Z565's nicely, I think

The H85 is just as sweet, and, you also have a good club choice on the way. Enjoy it !

May one ask what shaft you are currently using on your z585 driver?

OEM stock option HZRDUS Red in 6.5 I like it. ❤ It surprised me. A lot. Enough that I recently bought an F85 3w also w/ HZRDUS Red.

It is crazy to me that this thread had 3-4 pages of release chatter, and then relatively few posts. And how some drivers are so popular while other fly under the radar.

The H85 is just as sweet, and, you also have a good club choice on the way. Enjoy it !

OEM stock option HZRDUS Red in 6.5 I like it. ❤ It surprised me. A lot. Enough that I recently bought an F85 3w also w/ HZRDUS Red.

Thanks for replying back, sir. Appreciate it. (y)

I went to a Callaway fitting yesterday (mainly interested in FW & hybrids), but at the end I asked to try the Mavrik driver. He had me hit a few drives with my current Srixon Z585 driver to get a baseline. First two shots I heard "wow" & "nice" from the fitters watching Trackman. (Which was a first at a fitting & felt nice!)

209 carry & 238 total dead straight. Then he said "that driver is perfect for you - spin, launch angle, all the numbers are spot on for your swing speed. I'd be hard-pressed to get any better results."

This also reconfirms my decision to go get fitted for the driver last fall - it was nice to hear someone else confirm that this driver really fits my swing.

I've been hitting it off virtually every tee so far this season because I'm more accurate with it than 3W or 5W or even a hybrid.

I went to a Callaway fitting yesterday (mainly interested in FW & hybrids), but at the end I asked to try the Mavrik driver. He had me hit a few drives with my current Srixon Z585 driver to get a baseline. First two shots I heard "wow" & "nice" from the fitters watching Trackman. (Which was a first at a fitting & felt nice!)

209 carry & 238 total dead straight. Then he said "that driver is perfect for you - spin, launch angle, all the numbers are spot on for your swing speed. I'd be hard-pressed to get any better results."

This also reconfirms my decision to go get fitted for the driver last fall - it was nice to hear someone else confirm that this driver really fits my swing.

I've been hitting it off virtually every tee so far this season because I'm more accurate with it than 3W or 5W or even a hybrid.
Thats very very cool

Bumping this thread because I am giving away my z585 Driver in the Contest Forum, and it is a fantastic club. The last two pages of this thread detail my experiences with it last season, beginning here. If you have never played a Srixon driver, I highly recommend checking them out to see if they are right for you. And, enter the contest (y)

Budget Golf has the Z585 drivers on sale! With the 15offTHP code, it's only $161.49

Back