Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Srixon Z 585 Driver Review

THP Review of the Srixon Z 585 driver is up on the home page. You can find the article here.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/s...driver-review/
    In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
    Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
    Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
    Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
    Fairway Wood:
    JGR
    Hybrids:
    Launcher HB
    Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
    Wedges:
    CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
    Putter:
    #7S
    Balls:
    Chrome Soft X

I was waiting for this read. Bravo James. Doesnít get any more thorough than what you have done with this driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spoiler
    Driver: Epic Flash
    Fairway: V-Series Heavenwood, 915 F2 16.5
    Hybrid: G400 Crossover
    Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50, 55, 60
    Putter: Oworks Red Jailbird Mini

Comment

Great review!!!! This driver looks better than any of them!!!
      Driver Maybe something Flash?
      Fairways Some more awesome Flash?
      Irons I have no idea what might go in here!!!
      Wedges probably some MD goodness
      probably something that rolls awesome
      an awesone ball

Humbled member of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with Callaway.

2016 Cleveland Short Game Shootout
      "Forget the last hole played, you can't change the outcome. Move on."

Comment

I've never hit a Srixon driver but this one is intriguing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driver: Cobra King F9 speedback 10.5* driver (yellow), tour length UST Helium 5F4 stiff shaft
        Fairway: Cobra King F9 speedback 3-4 wood (avalanche white) with Atmos blue 7 stiff shaft.
        Cobra King F9 speedback 5-6 wood (avalanche white) with Atmos blue 7 stiff shaft.
        Cobra King F9 speedback 7-8 wood (avalanche white) with Atmos blue 7 stiff shaft.
        Irons: Cobra Forged TEC Black 5i-GW. Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shafts.
        Wedges: Cobra King black wedge 54* (bent to 55*), Versatile grind. Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft.
        Cobra King black wedge 58* (bent to 59*), Versatile grind. Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft.
        Putter: Odyssey Exo 7 counterbalanced
        Ball: ProV1x / TP5 / Snell MTB.

Comment

Going to hit this and the 785 today

and THP, thank you so much - cannot wait to carry on THE REAL Tradition Unlike Any Other:
          The Freaking #grandaddy2019 !!!

Hybrid: Rocket launcher from all lies, jailbreak goodness.
          Irons: Something from the mad scientists in Doc Hock's R&D labs.
          Wedges: OH PLEASE OH PLEASE LET THEM BE FORGED
          Putter: Whatever the hell Luke and Sean tell me to use.
          Ball: This could be interesting.

Huge thanks to THP and for the incredible irons and shafts from #shaftup 3 - fitting and build by the amazing Danny Le. Game and life changing experience.

Comment

Very good review James. A beautiful club that appears very capable of delivering the goods. Unfortunately the improper shaft for the writers swing speed prevented the readers from seeing how well this driver will perform based on its delivered setup.
            Iím sure THP has no say in the setup of equipment it receives/reviews. As an individual with a slower swing speed (@85), I would have been very interested in the opinions/data results using a golfer with a swing speed appropriate for a 5.5 shaft.
            Just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by obedt View Post
              I was waiting for this read. Bravo James. Doesn’t get any more thorough than what you have done with this driver.

Thank you! That means a whole lot more than you know, I really enjoyed how this one turned out.
              WITB:
              TaylorMade
              - M6 9.0 -
              UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77F5
              TaylorMade - Original One 13.5 - Fujikura Evolution V X
              PING - G410 19.0/22.0 - Alta CB 70S
              Callaway - Apex CF19 Combo 5-PW - True Temper Elevate X100
              Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
              SWAG
              - Tour Proto Savage Too -
              Center-Shaft 373g
              Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

Originally posted by MonroeBob1955 View Post
                Very good review James. A beautiful club that appears very capable of delivering the goods. Unfortunately the improper shaft for the writers swing speed prevented the readers from seeing how well this driver will perform based on its delivered setup.
                I’m sure THP has no say in the setup of equipment it receives/reviews. As an individual with a slower swing speed (@85), I would have been very interested in the opinions/data results using a golfer with a swing speed appropriate for a 5.5 shaft.
                Just a suggestion.

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate them.

Sometimes this happens, and IMO, its not that big of a deal because its our job as writers to disseminate the information to you all as to what is the baseline performance of the head, and what is fitting induced. The nice thing is we always have the ability to make changes to the setup (and I did and have, which I'll get to in a minute), during the review I documented in the original thread the changes that occured with the shaft being moved to a better fit. But, IMO, it has always been proper to write the review based on the setup received whether it fits me or not, because frankly I don't care if a club fits me in a review, I just care about the information I can get to you all on if it does what the company claims, ya know?

Now, to the club, I have altered the shaft three times now and it really unlocked the head performance for me. To the point I put up a photo of a GC2 screen yesterday with 164 MPH ball speed, 11* launch, and 2200 RPM of spin in the most recent setup. That journey has been trial and error for me (UST Helium, TPT 15 LPK, and now ACCRA FX 2.0) and if I had discussed it in the review I fear it would have overshadowed the traits of the club itself.

I'm going to update some more because during review I knew and discussed often that the potential was there, but going after my gamer (G400 Max) which is/was the most comfortable and consistent driver I've ever owned is a BIG mountain to climb and would take time, or maybe never happen. So, I have been tinkering and working, and the ADDICTIVE feel/sound of the 585 combined with it being the only other driver I have hit the last year to get the ball speeds I've seen out of the G400 Max, and then some (I hit 166 the other day with it, a record for me on monitor) is making it a distinct possibility.

This completely has a chance at the bag. And now that the main review is up, I can really document that journey in here as well!

Thank you for reading!
                WITB:
                TaylorMade
                - M6 9.0 -
                SWAG
                Center-Shaft 373g
                Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

Originally posted by Jman View Post
                  Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate them.

Sometimes this happens, and IMO, its not that big of a deal because its our job as writers to disseminate the information to you all as to what is the baseline performance of the head, and what is fitting induced. The nice thing is we always have the ability to make changes to the setup (and I did and have, which I'll get to in a minute), during the review I documented in the original thread the changes that occured with the shaft being moved to a better fit. But, IMO, it has always been proper to write the review based on the setup received whether it fits me or not, because frankly I don't care if a club fits me in a review, I just care about the information I can get to you all on if it does what the company claims, ya know?

Now, to the club, I have altered the shaft three times now and it really unlocked the head performance for me. To the point I put up a photo of a GC2 screen yesterday with 164 MPH ball speed, 11* launch, and 2200 RPM of spin in the most recent setup. That journey has been trial and error for me (UST Helium, TPT 15 LPK, and now ACCRA FX 2.0) and if I had discussed it in the review I fear it would have overshadowed the traits of the club itself.

I'm going to update some more because during review I knew and discussed often that the potential was there, but going after my gamer (G400 Max) which is/was the most comfortable and consistent driver I've ever owned is a BIG mountain to climb and would take time, or maybe never happen. So, I have been tinkering and working, and the ADDICTIVE feel/sound of the 585 combined with it being the only other driver I have hit the last year to get the ball speeds I've seen out of the G400 Max, and then some (I hit 166 the other day with it, a record for me on monitor) is making it a distinct possibility.

This completely has a chance at the bag. And now that the main review is up, I can really document that journey in here as well!

Thank you for reading!
                  Now that is thorough. Great stuff, James. Iím stoked to hit this and will be following along closely to your thoughts as it seems we like similar shafts!

and THP, thank you so much - cannot wait to carry on THE REAL Tradition Unlike Any Other:
                  The Freaking #grandaddy2019 !!!

Hybrid: Rocket launcher from all lies, jailbreak goodness.
                  Irons: Something from the mad scientists in Doc Hock's R&D labs.
                  Wedges: OH PLEASE OH PLEASE LET THEM BE FORGED
                  Putter: Whatever the hell Luke and Sean tell me to use.
                  Ball: This could be interesting.

Huge thanks to THP and for the incredible irons and shafts from #shaftup 3 - fitting and build by the amazing Danny Le. Game and life changing experience.

Comment

You've really got me thinking about 585 over 785 now. I fall into that trap of wanting the adjustable driver, but you're right. I rarely ever make changes to my settings. Might make more sense to spend less and get just as much.

Still waiting to see your 585 vs 785 comparison though. Given your latest results we'll probably see something ridiculous like a 300 yd carry distance or something :)
                    In my Grom Stand Bag
                    ST190 Driver with Accra TZ6
                    ST180 3 Wood/5 Wood with Tensei Blue
                    Sub70 939X Hybrid 4
                    M4 (5-PW with Recoil SMACWRAP 780 shafts)
                    54 Milled Grind & 58 Milled Grind Hi Toe
                    Spider X
                    Current ball: TP5X & Velocity

Comment

James. Appreciate the response. I look forward to your digging deep updates.

Comment

Originally posted by MonroeBob1955 View Post
                        James. Appreciate the response. I look forward to your digging deep updates.

Thank you good sir! I plan on an update here later today for sure. Its funny, because the 565 was so hyped and I always wanted to try it, but reviewing the ULTRA low spin 765 scared me away, this 585 makes me regret not trying its predecessor now.
                        WITB:
                        TaylorMade
                        - M6 9.0 -
                        SWAG
                        Center-Shaft 373g
                        Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

I've got some time now, so I want to expand on my little journey with this head.

First, kudos to Srixon for building a driver that comes in stock at a D4 swing weight, I love that. Also, I think the move to include HZRDUS as the stock option (and the availability of HC versions for no up is awesome, even if they are the same shafts design wise as the non HC) was a good one, though I'm surprised we didn't see Evenflow since its the most trendy name right now.

That said, the 5.5 flex did cause some issues which are highlighted in the Foresight GC2 launch monitor data in the article, but since then I have been tinkering a lot with the setup and I have seen particularly the dispersion #'s fall away into consistency. The Helium was an OK fit, but the shaft just isn't the best for me/my-swing, the TPT 15 LKP actually ended up WAY lower launching than I anticipated and that shocked me (struggled to hit the head into the 10's), so the flier on the ACCRA FX 2.0 270 (classed as a mid-launch shaft in the FX 2.0 lineup) in M5 (X) was more me wanting to try an ACCRA desperately, but man it has worked out.

I don't have my iPad on me at the moment at work to post the #'s but the other day I averaged (12 shot session) 161 MPH ballspeed, 10.9* launch, 2721 RPM, and 33 yard peak height. In a subsequent session the highest ballspeed I have reached, ever, on the GC2 was hit at 166 with several others in the session coming in at 163+, more in a single session than I have seen with the G400 Max. Now, part of that is clearly getting comfortable, and i have hit drivers which put up a high ballspeed here and there for me, but the CONSISTENCY here has been what has made me keep tinkering.

The current setup does have 4g of hotmelt added to the head (middle, neutral) by me and the feel/sound is even more addicting now. I love the sound/feel of my G400's, but they just scream SOLID, this is solid AND it feels like the ball just jumps hot. It's been a trip for me.

More soon, but I though this might be a decent discussion/addition.
                          WITB:
                          TaylorMade
                          - M6 9.0 -
                          SWAG
                          Center-Shaft 373g
                          Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

Originally posted by Jman View Post
                            I averaged (12 shot session) 161 MPH ballspeed, 10.9* launch, 2721 RPM, and 33 yard peak height
                            those numbers are nsfw. #golfdatap0rn
                            awesomeness
                            perfection
                            innovation
                            excellence
                            brilliance
                            pioneering
                            leading
                            redefining

Humbled, honored, and beaming with excitement to be the Captain (what, CAPTAIN???) of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with

Comment

Originally posted by c.a.eleric View Post
                              those numbers are nsfw. #golfdatap0rn
                              My language around my buddy when I was recording the data was WAY nsfw too. LOL
                              WITB:
                              TaylorMade
                              - M6 9.0 -
                              SWAG
                              Center-Shaft 373g
                              Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X