Srixon Z H85 Hybrid Review

This club makes the in between 3 wood and 4 iron distance very very fun. Got to hit it twice into par 5’s yesterday once from 235, the other from 242. From 235 I tried to hit a fade and double crossed it with a tug left. Flew it pin high but didn’t get up and down out of the rough for a birdie. On the 2nd attempt a few holes later on the back was a great execution of a low fad to about 20 ft for eagle!

I can’t say enough good things about the Srixon lineup hybrids. Very under appreciated in the overall landscape of woods and hybrids but I enjoy hitting these so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Srixon Z H85 Hybrid Review

These H85 hybrids have been a fantastic addition to the bag. I used the 3h to fly, and HOLD the green on a 269yd par 4 today. It is very slightly downhill, and about 20* dogleg left so distance to carry the green is maybe closer to 240. From the tee I was trying to carry a small pine and maybe draw a little to leave in the fairway just short of the green. Well, from 120yds out my playing partner and I see that Wow, the ball is on the green. We comment that it would have been cool to see it run up onto the green. Well, we get to the green, and darned if there isn't a fresh deep pitch mark 15 ft. from the ball.

I also hit two 4h from the rough that got up and went on a rope with ease, and a 3h from the fairway on the Par-5 18th from 235 out and left it 5 yards off the apron. The only rough spot was I got quick and overturned a 3h into the Sugar River on 17. That was 100% me, I mean, I crushed it into that river LOL.

Here is the dirty 3h shot into the Par-4, I flushed a nice draw over the small pine. Left the eagle six inches short, of course!

Through fairway looking back toward tee:
54353c9c227ef13841630998e4b8bc41.jpg

Same spot looking toward green
00cb0189e8f1909162be708dfb672434.jpg

a9787ce8b3d3350d3b8376bf7f6e2f6f.jpg

The pitch mark and rollout:
efdab63d7dd24f17a2c66c241ffd4100.jpg

Eagle look:
026c8cf8bb567aef04b534acc380da1f.jpg

Loving what these sticks are bringing, just a pleasure to hit every single time.

Fun lesson in mental flexibility today - I arrived at the first green today with 13 clubs in the bag and no putter. Decided that the H85 3h was going to be the flatstick for the day. After two holes of near misses, I made an 8 footer for birdie on the 3rd hole, and another ten footer on the 7th for bird, and a 6 footer for bird on the 10th. Two other par saves from 8-10 feet, and several very close lipouts. Srixon H85 effectiveness as a rescue putter is confirmed, 32 putts on the round.

I had another Cocaine and Waffles moment today with the H85 - on the Par 5 8th I hit 3h off the tee to avoid running through the dogleg. I was 270 out and Baked a 4H, trying to land it about 220 and in front of a set of approach bunkers well seperated from the green complex. A couple was ahead on the green, one playing from the lefthand greenside bunker. Well, I pured it, and it landed just past the approach bunkers, and rolled out into the throat of the green directly aside from the woman playing from the LH greenside bunker. I apologized profusely. She was cool, and complimented the shot. I was mortified.

The 3H is so consistent and long it is nearly making 3w obsolete... I have better control from the tee and am favoring the increased control over sadly less confidence in my 3w swing right now. On 18, I was again about 270 out on a Par 5, and played a slightly chunky 3h to 20yds short and left of the green. On a whim, I dropped a second ball and tried to carry the green with my F9 3w. I pured it with a high fade, and it ended up on the RH side only ~5y ahead.

I had another Cocaine and Waffles moment today with the H85 - on the Par 5 8th I hit 3h off the tee to avoid running through the dogleg. I was 270 out and Baked a 4H, trying to land it about 220 and in front of a set of approach bunkers well seperated from the green complex. A couple was ahead on the green, one playing from the lefthand greenside bunker. Well, I pured it, and it landed just past the approach bunkers, and rolled out into the throat of the green directly aside from the woman playing from the LH greenside bunker. I apologized profusely. She was cool, and complimented the shot. I was mortified.

The 3H is so consistent and long it is nearly making 3w obsolete... I have better control from the tee and am favoring the increased control over sadly less confidence in my 3w swing right now. On 18, I was again about 270 out on a Par 5, and played a slightly chunky 3h to 20yds short and left of the green. On a whim, I dropped a second ball and tried to carry the green with my F9 3w. I pured it with a high fade, and it ended up on the RH side only ~5y ahead.

These are so much fun aren’t they! I can’t quite get the numbers that you do but the similar results. If I didn’t have the 3+ in my bag that 2h could cover most other 3w out there for me. Love these clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t ever gotten along with a hybrid but I order one of these after hitting it last week a couple times. I got it with the Aldila Rogue hybrid shaft so we will see if it actually makes it into my bag and replaces my 12 year old Titleist driving iron.

Update - I played my first round with my Z H85 today and wow was it impressive. I hit it three times of the tee and twice from the fairway and all shots were on target and went 215-230 yards. Very straight and easy to hit. I’ve finally found a hybrid that I like after owning about 10 others that never made it into my bag. The Aldila Rogue 85h shaft is a perfect fit for my swing.

Last edited:
These flat do work. Played a nice course with an older gent from work today and we kept it social playing from the whites at 5800 yds. Cruised around hitting a solid 11 of 14 fairways using a combo of H85 3h, 4h and Z-forged 5i. Didn't need to pull more than 3h all day and golf is fun from the short grass.

The ball flight I am getting out of these is consistently awesome --> could not be better --> insano; and has drawn spontaneous comment from assorted playing partners (some strangers) each of the last 4 rounds. Performance off the deck and from the rough is every bit as solid as the tee. Easy to elevate, easy to make solid contact, glides through iffy and fairway lies alike with ease. Looks fantastic. Huzzah.

I haven’t ever gotten along with a hybrid but I order one of these after hitting it last week a couple times. I got it with the Aldila Rogue hybrid shaft so we will see if it actually makes it into my bag and replaces my 12 year old Titleist driving iron.

Update - I played my first round with my Z H85 today and wow was it impressive. I hit it three times of the tee and twice from the fairway and all shots were on target and went 215-230 yards. Very straight and easy to hit. I’ve finally found a hybrid that I like after owning about 10 others that never made it into my bag. The Aldila Rogue 85h shaft is a perfect fit for my swing.

I was stoked to see you pick one of these up - I had a feeling you might enjoy it!

I hit this hybrid today. Very solid. First time hitting a Srixon club. Impressed by the performance. I like a smaller hybrid better, but can't say anything negative about it. I can see this club being a great addition to a set of Srixon irons.

This is the best hybrid that I have ever gamed ... It will be staying in my bag for a long time!!!

Here is my review of the Srixon Z H85 Hybrid. I have been playing a 16° H85 hybrid with an Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff shaft.

About Me:
Handicap- GHIN 0.7
Swing Speed- 108-110 MPH (Driver Average)
Normal Ball Flight- Mid-High
Previous Hybrid played- Rogue X

Without a shadow of a doubt, the Srixon Z H85 hybrid is the best hybrid, it might be the best club that I have ever hit in my golfing career and that is singing some high praise coming from me!

Looks: When you look at the crown of the club and address, it’s beautiful. A perfect color black, sleek in every way, and with this look you generate confidence that when you hit it, it will perform how you would expect to.

Sound: What impresses me the most of all things about the Srixon Z H85 hybrid, isn’t the look, but the sound and ball flight that the club makes. The sound is like a cannon going off, it’s different from other hybrids from other OEMs. A couple of months ago, I was playing in a money game at my club and a couple of guys joined us on the back nine. When we got to a long par 3, playing between that 215-225 yardage mark, I selected the Srixon Z H85 to hit my shot. After I hit my shot, one of the guys in the group, as soon as the ball left the club face, asked what kind of club I was hitting because it sounded so much different and came off the face so hot than anything he has ever seen. That when I hit the ball, the sound and trajectory was so much different than everybody else’s in the group. Which made a huge impression on him.

Distance/Forgiveness: In my opinion, the ball comes off so hot, with so much velocity that one could be afraid of hitting it too far and over shooting ones target, but that’s certainly not the case. It produces a super fast, boring ball flight that makes it a shot makers paradise for a golf club. From hitting a low cutter to a high draw or whatever the shot requires, this hybrid oozes with confidence and to be a better golfer you have to have a club in your bag that you confidently can hit during pressure situations. It also never fails to give me the distance that I expect, and like I said you can work the ball with this hybrid. This club checks all the boxes.

Feel: Now, I have the Aldila Tour Blue 85 shaft in my Srixon Z H85 hybrid which has worked out better than I expected when I chose the shaft. Not too heavy like a KBS Proto shaft would have and not too light for the shots that one would need out of the rough with a hybrid. I have a KBS Proto Shaft in my Rogue X and it played too heavy & stiff for my liking. The shaft change might be the reason this club feels better.

Vs. Previous Gamer: My previous utility clubs which were the Rogue X hybrid and a Rogue 5 wood. A couple of years ago talking to my brother, I would have said that no club could replace my Rogue 5 wood because of the distance, shaft, and shot making abilities that I got with it. Now, you will have to pry the Srixon Z H85 hybrid out of my cold dead hands to get it away from me!

Conclusion: Because sometimes numbers aren’t everything when choosing a club to put in your bag, it should always be performance. And the fact of the matter is this, no utility club or any club for that matter has ever performed the way this hybrid has for me. Period. Numbers don’t matter if you over hook or over cut a ball. If the ball goes too far or comes up too short, it is my opinion that all of those things can be overcome with how a club performs under pressure conditions and with all my years of playing in golf tournaments, club championships, and high stakes money games, there’s never been a club that performs quite like this Srixon Z H85 hybrid. Period. I know there are a lot of interesting hybrid options coming to the market, and if you are in the market for a hybrid or a utility club, you should give this one a look.

So the two clubs that you couldn’t pry out of your dead hands are this hybrid and my Stroke Lab Azalea? Good to know...

Last edited:
That is a pretty detailed and bad-ass review. I endorse all of it - the H85 are in fact cannons. So easy to hit, such nice trajectory, so consistent, so good looking. I've got total faith in mine. #ShakeAndBake

That is a pretty detailed and bad-ass review. I endorse all of it - the H85 are in fact cannons. So easy to hit, such nice trajectory, so consistent, so good looking. I've got total faith in mine. #ShakeAndBake
I can’t wait until my Super Hybrid comes in (I think it will be next week), so I can meet up with Hudson and compare them side by side...

I can’t wait until my Super Hybrid comes in (I think it will be next week), so I can meet up with Hudson and compare them side by side...

That is going to be a heavyweight championship fight ?

Here is my review of the Srixon Z H85 Hybrid. I have been playing a 16° H85 hybrid with an Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff shaft.

About Me:
Handicap- GHIN 0.7

Without a shadow of a doubt, the Srixon Z H85 hybrid is the best hybrid, it might be the best club that I have ever hit in my golfing career and that is singing some high praise coming from me!

Looks: When you look at the crown of the club and address, it’s beautiful. A perfect color black, sleek in every way, and with this look you generate confidence that when you hit it, it will perform how you would expect to.

Sound: What impresses me the most of all things about the Srixon Z H85 hybrid, isn’t the look, but the sound and ball flight that the club makes. The sound is like a cannon going off, it’s different from other hybrids from other OEMs. A couple of months ago, I was playing in a money game at my club and a couple of guys joined us on the back nine. When we got to a long par 3, playing between that 215-225 yardage mark, I selected the Srixon Z H85 to hit my shot. After I hit my shot, one of the guys in the group, as soon as the ball left the club face, asked what kind of club I was hitting because it sounded so much different and came off the face so hot than anything he has ever seen. That when I hit the ball, the sound and trajectory was so much different than everybody else’s in the group. Which made a huge impression on him.

Distance/Forgiveness: In my opinion, the ball comes off so hot, with so much velocity that one could be afraid of hitting it too far and over shooting ones target, but that’s certainly not the case. It produces a super fast, boring ball flight that makes it a shot makers paradise for a golf club. From hitting a low cutter to a high draw or whatever the shot requires, this hybrid oozes with confidence and to be a better golfer you have to have a club in your bag that you confidently can hit during pressure situations. It also never fails to give me the distance that I expect, and like I said you can work the ball with this hybrid. This club checks all the boxes.

Feel: Now, I have the Aldila Tour Blue 85 shaft in my Srixon Z H85 hybrid which has worked out better than I expected when I chose the shaft. Not too heavy like a KBS Proto shaft would have and not too light for the shots that one would need out of the rough with a hybrid. I have a KBS Proto Shaft in my Rogue X and it played too heavy & stiff for my liking. The shaft change might be the reason this club feels better.

Vs. Previous Gamer: My previous utility clubs which were the Rogue X hybrid and a Rogue 5 wood. A couple of years ago talking to my brother, I would have said that no club could replace my Rogue 5 wood because of the distance, shaft, and shot making abilities that I got with it. Now, you will have to pry the Srixon Z H85 hybrid out of my cold dead hands to get it away from me!

Conclusion: Because sometimes numbers aren’t everything when choosing a club to put in your bag, it should always be performance. And the fact of the matter is this, no utility club or any club for that matter has ever performed the way this hybrid has for me. Period. Numbers don’t matter if you over hook or over cut a ball. If the ball goes too far or comes up too short, it is my opinion that all of those things can be overcome with how a club performs under pressure conditions and with all my years of playing in golf tournaments, club championships, and high stakes money games, there’s never been a club that performs quite like this Srixon Z H85 hybrid. Period. I know there are a lot of interesting hybrid options coming to the market, and if you are in the market for a hybrid or a utility club, you should give this one a look.
Would you now consider putting a 2nd hybrid in your bag?

That is going to be a heavyweight championship fight ?
I’m looking forward to it... I have a Rogue X in this spot, and have a Super Hybrid ordered to replace it.
Hudson kept telling me not to sleep on the H85, because it was his favorite club in the bag. We will see bc he has a 16° H85 and I have a 17° SH on order. #ClubClash

Would you now consider putting a 2nd hybrid in your bag?
I've always preferred a lower degree hybrid because I normally play between 68-6900 yards and I need to have that 215-225 yard club in the bag! Sometimes the lie isn't as perfect as we would like and the hybrid is perfect from that yardage. Plus, with the shot making capabilities of the Srixon Z H85 hybrid I trust what its going to do from those yardages.

I’m looking forward to it... I have a Rogue X in this spot, and have a Super Hybrid ordered to replace it.
Hudson kept telling me not to sleep on the H85, because it was his favorite club in the bag. We will see bc he has a 16° H85 and I have a 17° SH on order. #ClubClash
No disrespect to the Rogue X or the Super Hybrid, but I don't believe neither one of them could compare with the Srixon Z H85 confidence one has with it in their hands. From just the shape, sound, and looks of the Srixon Z H85 hybrid, it just oozes confidence!

I've always preferred a lower degree hybrid because I normally play between 68-6900 yards and I need to have that 215-225 yard club in the bag! Sometimes the lie isn't as perfect as we would like and the hybrid is perfect from that yardage. Plus, with the shot making capabilities of the Srixon Z H85 hybrid I trust what its going to do from those yardages.
You could put a 4 hybrid into your set up , if you were willing to pull the 4 iron out...

You could put a 4 hybrid into your set up , if you were willing to pull the 4 iron out...
It's hard to hit the stinger with a 4 hybrid!

I don't think I've heard anything negative about this club. I really need to hit it. I play Srixon irons but have never hit anything else Srixon. Time to change that.

About Me:
Handicap- GHIN 0.7

Solid write-up.

Were you a big hybrid player before this, I know you said it's the best you gamed, being a low cap though, would you rather play a utility in that spot over a hybrid? Edit: Saw the X hot hybrid in there, please disregard.

As a better player, how do you rate the forgiveness on your mishits?

Solid write-up.

Were you a big hybrid player before this, I know you said it's the best you gamed, being a low cap though, would you rather play a utility in that spot over a hybrid? Edit: Saw the X hot hybrid in there, please disregard.

As a better player, how do you rate the forgiveness on your mishits?
I've always played with a hybrid, except I played a Rogue 5 wood for a little bit. The hybrids that I have gamed have been either Titleist or the Rogue X hybrid! I've never been a big utility iron person because it's my belief that the hybrids are better from the rough than a utility iron. I know that the utility iron is better to hit the stinger with, but I just can't take the risk of having that tough lie from the rough and not having the hybrid when needed. I'm very impressed with the forgiveness of the Srixon Z H85 hybrid because I know when I do miss hit it, it will still be around of the yardage that I was looking for. Of course, I chunk it and thin it, but on the normal miss hit, I know that it will go that 215-225 yardage. I really think it has to do with the way the ball comes off of the face and the normal penetrating ball flight that the club generates. If you haven't hit one, you should give it a shot on demo day, it will really impress you and change your mind about getting a hybrid instead of a utility iron!

I’m bumping this thread...
These are now on Sale for $149.99, and all of the participants in last year’s Srixon event raves about these Hybrids.

I have a stock H85 4 hybrid on the way, and will share my thoughts when I get it.

Back