TaylorMade P760 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These are interesting. I liked the 770 but the 750 started looking too small for me. I’ll have to see these in person to make a call on these. But I should probably be in the 790 anyway.

Also, I love “loft peepers”

I was hoping loft peepers was in the video.

Makes sense from an evolution of the line - keeping the 730/ and 790s

Adding in hollow body and speed foam also the set AW is a good move

• Admin
These are interesting. I liked the 770 but the 750 started looking too small for me. I’ll have to see these in person to make a call on these. But I should probably be in the 790 anyway.

Also, I love “loft peepers”

I was hoping loft peepers was in the video.

Makes sense from an evolution of the line - keeping the 730/ and 790s

Adding in hollow body and speed foam also the set AW is a good move

Yeah I should have asked Matt to drop the "loft peeper" term, but didn't think about it : )

I just watched the video, I will need to try these. Interesting tidbit at the end, is this their version of the V-sole? does it work well?

so the line is now going Full MB -> Progressive Hollow CB -> Full Hollow?

seems like there's room for a traditional MC/CB set in there - unless the 750 and 770 remain as offerings?

• Admin
I just watched the video, I will need to try these. Interesting tidbit at the end, is this their version of the V-sole? does it work well?

Not really the same as V-Sole, but the goals are the same, which is clean contact.

The leading edge looks similar to what Titleist has done. This appears to be an iron along the lines of the AP2, with TM taking the extra step of dropping the traditional CB iron where Titleist has not.

• Admin
so the line is now going Full MB -> Progressive Hollow CB -> Full Hollow?

seems like there's room for a traditional MC/CB set in there - unless the 750 and 770 remain as offerings?

He spoke about which irons are staying in the video.

I understand the strategy. Although I would have to see them in person and hit them, it looks like the set leans a little more slightly to the p750 side of the equation in the non-hollow, short irons. I have a set of p770s, and they were really underrated irons. I liked them better than the AP2s. Earlier in the year, I bent them 1.5 degrees strong and blended them into the p790s, bending the p790s .5 degrees week. The set gapped well. I stilll have it, but have learned that I have no real problem stopping either the p790s or the i500s on the greens, even in the middle of the summer heat, but I shot what is tied for my best all time score with that blended set. I wish they would have done two irons with this new blended idea, maybe one with a little stronger lofts and this one, with lofts going more towards the “modern” traditional lofting.

Not a fan of the look of the back of the iron, don't care for the line/bars however you want to describe it.

I think I like what Taylormade are doing here overall, but the back of that iron is just aesthetically unappealing to me.

Surprisingly I like the looks of those quite a bit. I like the width of the sole from what I see looks like some cool stuff going on there as well

The 750 and 770 didn't really do anything for me at all, visually at least, but the 730 and 790 were among the most attractive irons produced in recent years. I don't think this is quite on that level, but I really like the look of these. Well done, club and article!

Like the look of these, as well as the described features.

Love it. I would, I'm sure at some point will, hit the crap out of these.

And I also love the strikeout on "gaps" and it followed up by "lofts" instead, made me chuckle.

Big time loft peeper here - thanks for the shoutout JB.

Very good write-up and video. I like (don't love) the looks. My first impression is wondering how the 7 and 8 will flow in the set. Second, I really like that TM went in this direction. Seems to simplify the line. Also a fan of the stock shaft setup, although it probably wouldn't be ideal for me.

I actually like the look of these irons. I'd be interested in demo-ing them if that opportunity were to come up.

Very good write-up and video. I like (don't love) the looks. My first impression is wondering how the 7 and 8 will flow in the set. Second, I really like that TM went in this direction. Seems to simplify the line. Also a fan of the stock shaft setup, although it probably wouldn't be ideal for me.

We spoke about this with TaylorMade and they believe they have the launch window nailed with the flow from speed foam irons to non. @Canadan took some swings with them while out there and can probably comment on the sound aspect when changing.

You know what, the studio photos actually look better to me than the in hand photos we saw earlier. The tech story and the simplification of the sets might just be enough for me to give these a try.

I would probably get along with these irons. I like the idea of traditional short irons with progressive help as you get to the long irons. I don’t know if I could get past the looks though, everything else in the p700 family looks so much better.

I wasn't digging the look of these irons from the initial picture but the more I see them the more I like them. Looking forward to hearing how people react to the "speed foam" in a player's set.

We spoke about this with TaylorMade and they believe they have the launch window nailed with the flow from speed foam irons to non. @Canadan took some swings with them while out there and can probably comment on the sound aspect when changing.

This is a HUGE deal, because that has always been the chase for companies in these high tech almost blended sets (TM battled it with the slots in the SpeedBlades and Rocketbladez too) and if they nailed it, LOOK OUT.

The flow was pretty simple. I didn't have numbers to back the opinion but I didn't see anything dramatic between the two. The 8 iron is traditionally one of my most proficient irons though, so that could have played an impact.

I went back and forth between 7 and 8 pretty actively and felt like the blend was just fine.

The flow was pretty simple. I didn't have numbers to back the opinion but I didn't see anything dramatic between the two. The 8 iron is traditionally one of my most proficient irons though, so that could have played an impact.

I went back and forth between 7 and 8 pretty actively and felt like the blend was just fine.

Sound flowed well, as well?

Back