TaylorMade P760 Irons

I loved the long irons. They were launching pretty low for me but going a long way which is definitely what I am looking for. I could see a good situation with 730 flowing into 760 for the better player unwilling to concede to 790.

What made most sense to me was the new iron progression for TaylorMade. I didn't spend any extensive time with 750 or 770 but they never really felt in line for me. because the 750 was priced how it was, it felt like they were more a dual threat with all the other irons in the lineup as the mainstay options.

Now we have obvious gapping, with a progressive set in the middle for golfers who need some help as the irons get longer. It makes SO much more sense.

Sound flowed well, as well?

sound is usually something I make a big deal about, but really can't remember it being an issue here. Maybe a slight difference overall, but nothing that would have made me pick one over the other.

sound is usually something I make a big deal about, but really can't remember it being an issue here. Maybe a slight difference overall, but nothing that would have made me pick one over the other.

That in and of itself (that you can't remember) tells me its a good thing.

I like what I am hearing. Big fan of the 790, and I love how they have implemented what they learned from them to incorporate those characteristics in to this design. Also, THANK YOU for that leading edge. HUGE fan of irons with that type of design.

Side note....I'm not sure there is a better place at an OEM's HQ to film than The Kingdom. Every video shot there looks absolutely incredible.

These are interesting. I liked the 770 but the 750 started looking too small for me. I’ll have to see these in person to make a call on these. But I should probably be in the 790 anyway.

Also, I love “loft peepers”

When will they make an appearance in the bag?

When will they make an appearance in the bag?

I think the only time I’ll play the 790s is when I inevitably play out of ddec’s bag.

I bet these irons are going to be really good but I cant get over the looks. I would like to call these the Mullet Irons....business in front, party in back.

The picture that Jason Day posted didn't do these any justice, the photos I have seen today certainly look better. I will stick to my P790's as much as I would love to be able to game the p730's or P760's I just don't have it anymore, I need the help.

Im pretty surprised so many dislike the looks of these. Granted I didn't spend a ton of time with them, but in the couple of hours in hand, nothing stood out that said "terrible" or anything like that.

Im pretty surprised so many dislike the looks of these. Granted I didn't spend a ton of time with them, but in the couple of hours in hand, nothing stood out that said "terrible" or anything like that.

I think people just like the smooth back of the 790s. I love the lines on these. Reminds me a lot of the RXF I have. Just very clean.

there's a fantastic aesthetic balance of traditional clean lines with some techy embellishments in the 790s. the pics i've seen of these 760s feel like a step back from that balance.

It comes down to the slots on the back. It makes me think of this:

Square_strike_Wedge.png

I know the looks on the back don't impact the performance but it helps grab my attention when I'm debating on what club to try.

I know the looks on the back don't impact the performance but it helps grab my attention when I'm debating on what club to try.

Yeah, but at least you won't chunk them!

Square_strike_Wedge.png

Oh I am totally an aesthetics person in some capacity, but I thought these looked pretty decent. Then again, Im not the same person that sees a completely plain MB and says its art : )

Oh I am totally an aesthetics person in some capacity, but I thought these looked pretty decent. Then again, Im not the same person that sees a completely plain MB and says its art : )

It could totally be that in person these look much better. There's just something about them in the pictures I've seen that don't do it for me.

It could totally be that in person these look much better. There's just something about them in the pictures I've seen that don't do it for me.

It could be. I don’t think they are the best looking irons I have ever seen, but so much feedback is saying “ugly” that it honestly through me for a loop.

It could be. I don’t think they are the best looking irons I have ever seen, but so much feedback is saying “ugly” that it honestly through me for a loop.

Yeah, surprised me a bit too. Had to double take a few times.

But, we all have our likes, I'm one who loved the look of the SpeedBlades! haha

Easy to digest improvements. I'm still not sure how I feel about the looks, would have to see them in person to see how the cavity area appeals to me or not.

Watching some of the videos with better resolution and well more angles... they now look a lot better. The chrome is needed on these.

Watching some of the videos with better resolution and well more angles... they now look a lot better. The chrome is needed on these.

The video on the home page is shot in 4K so you can zoom in super close if you choose to.

I’m excited to see this leading edge. Anyone who cane move the word chamfer into the lexicon has my attention. I’m super interested in how it’s executed and how it will differ from other similar options.

Any particular reason the 7i was chosen as the first iron with Speedfoam in the cavity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back