TaylorMade P760 Irons

My m5 3wood blows me away. Off the tee or fairway it is unreal. It is almost a driver replacement at 14*. Definitely makes the larger par 5s more attainable.
I'm tempted just to go pick one up

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

so ended up selling my srixon z765's & torn between these, srixon z785's or possibly mizuno mp 18 sc. The modus 120's I had in the srixon's felt awesome but I think I lost some control coming from px 6.0's. Would really like to demo some modus 130's which I think r a no upcharge shaft from taylormade?

so ended up selling my srixon z765's & torn between these, srixon z785's or possibly mizuno mp 18 sc. The modus 120's I had in the srixon's felt awesome but I think I lost some control coming from px 6.0's. Would really like to demo some modus 130's which I think r a no upcharge shaft from taylormade?

You want a higher ball flight? The 130's are a higher launch shaft than the 120's. If you lost control with the 120's, I'd think you'd lose even more with the 130's. I guess it's swing dependent, but if wind is a factor in your game, then I'd think you'd be better off with the low/mid launch of the 120.

I think px 6.0 just fit me better & hit them straighter. Had nothing to do with wind or height. Read that modus 130's were comparable but had a bit better feel than 6.0's?

I think px 6.0 just fit me better & hit them straighter. Had nothing to do with wind or height. Read that modus 130's were comparable but had a bit better feel than 6.0's?

Way better feel, waaaaay.

But, in my experience the flight window between those two is different as well, the 130 are going to launch higher. Really unique profile on those given the weight.

I know that KBS gets a lot of credit for feel in iron shafts, but imo Nippon is the king of that mountain.

Thanks for the reply's, probably should have gave the 120's a few more rounds before selling the 765's.

I have a TaylorMade fitting booked next week and I’m hoping to get dialed in for these. Anyone still gaming them or moved on?

Have almost 20 rounds on mine and would definitely buy them again. Great feel and very workable. Love the look of them in the bag too

Have almost 20 rounds on mine and would definitely buy them again. Great feel and very workable. Love the look of them in the bag too

What did you play previously?

Way better feel, waaaaay.

But, in my experience the flight window between those two is different as well, the 130 are going to launch higher. Really unique profile on those given the weight.

I know that KBS gets a lot of credit for feel in iron shafts, but imo Nippon is the king of that mountain.

I think KBS that I have hit have very little feel (C-Tapers). Maybe they come alive for higher swing speed players?

I think KBS that I have hit have very little feel (C-Tapers). Maybe they come alive for higher swing speed players?

Ctaper are the antithesis of KBS feel, fwiw. Literally the only shaft in their lineup absent that classic KBS feel in my experiences, and I’ve hit pretty much all of their lineup.

Jman did you hit these at “Injected Speed” event?

Jman did you hit these at “Injected Speed” event?

I didn’t.

Casey had them in his bag, but I decided not to hit them. Too polished chrome for my tastes.

Now Chandler’s Rusty 790’s, wow.

Ctaper are the antithesis of KBS feel, fwiw. Literally the only shaft in their lineup absent that classic KBS feel in my experiences, and I’ve hit pretty much all of their lineup.

That makes sense, c-tapers are all over the Bay LOL!!

I liked the picture.

88f84b2870488fb0159e101ca776a768.jpg

Okay what is wrong with me? I get the opportunity to attend an event called 'injected speed'. Which was great by the way. Met 3 guys from Taylormade that were really good guys to hang out & golf with. They gave us a driver, putter, wedge, bag plus other stuff. I have golfed once...yes once since the event but still for some reason had to buy some more Taylormade equipment. I bought a m5 3 wood head last week & just last night have a set of p760's on the way. I am really looking forward to a little head to head against mizuno mp18 sc's. Will update once I get them in hand. I was on the fence between these & Callaway apex pro 19 irons but attending the event was the deciding factor

Okay what is wrong with me? I get the opportunity to attend an event called 'injected speed'. Which was great by the way. Met 3 guys from Taylormade that were really good guys to hang out & golf with. They gave us a driver, putter, wedge, bag plus other stuff. I have golfed once...yes once since the event but still for some reason had to buy some more Taylormade equipment. I bought a m5 3 wood head last week & just last night have a set of p760's on the way. I am really looking forward to a little head to head against mizuno mp18 sc's. Will update once I get them in hand

We call that being a THPer : )

Okay what is wrong with me? I get the opportunity to attend an event called 'injected speed'. Which was great by the way. Met 3 guys from Taylormade that were really good guys to hang out & golf with. They gave us a driver, putter, wedge, bag plus other stuff. I have golfed once...yes once since the event but still for some reason had to buy some more Taylormade equipment. I bought a m5 3 wood head last week & just last night have a set of p760's on the way. I am really looking forward to a little head to head against mizuno mp18 sc's. Will update once I get them in hand

My guy!!!!!! YESSSSSSSS!

TaylorMade P760 Irons

Just received my set today with a little luck will take them out tomorrow. I really like how they set up at address. Pretty sure they will have no problem kicking my mizuno mp 18 sc’s to the back up bag. Kinda crazy how I went from only having a spider tour in the bag to potentially having driver, 3 wood, my hi-toe 60*, my spider x, & p760’s in bag all because of the injected speed event last month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got out for 27 holes tonight after not golfing for over 3 weeks. I took these irons out just to try them out. I need to take them in and get them bent flat & will also have all the lofts checked. A good first outing

Re-gripped and lies adjusted & lifts verified. Look forward to using these

TaylorMade P760 Irons

I’m kind of surprised these don’t get more attention, I have only had them out 4 times & really like them so far. Decent distance, feel great when struck well & let u know when u miss. My miss with these has been hitting them thin which is strange because I haven’t had that miss before?

I’m kind of surprised these don’t get more attention, I have only had them out 4 times & really like them so far. Decent distance, feel great when struck well & let u know when u miss. My miss with these has been hitting them thin which is strange because I haven’t had that miss before?

That is strange to hear about the thin shots. According to the TM specs the P760s are 1/4” longer than P790 and P770s.

they r based off a 38" 5 iron, if anything the r a 1/4" longer than what I have been playing

Back