Cobra KING Forged CB/MB Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so happy they didn't change much in the looks department, they were the best looking clubs I have ever played, I'm sure these will be as nice

I like the subtle changes they made in response to tour feedback on this set. The blended set looks so fun and that finish is the best black finish in the industry.

Ohhhhh helllllllll ya!!!!! God these are awesome. Interested to know the true difference between these and their predecessors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

”CNC Milled Face & Grooves”
Ohhhh well......helloooooo there!!

Great looking irons!!!

Theses irons were legit in 2016, I imagine they are even better now. Gawd I want to hit them.

I’m glad they didn’t change much in the looks for these irons. They are stunning in person!

Cobra KING Forged CB/MB Irons

So who is excited for the 2019 MC? Cobra just keeps bringing it with every release!

Lol LOFT PEEPERs again

I want now

So who is excited for the 2019 MC? Cobra just keeps bringing it with every release!

I was thinking about that, like the event wasn't exciting enough already

reminds me of other brands with iconic blade designs: if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. small changes like s taper shafts, and some subtle repositioning of tungsten weight. would love to hit these next to the originals.

I was thinking about that, like the event wasn't exciting enough already

No doubt about that! Cobra does such a fantastic job with their equipment and they deserve more recognition then they get in the market. On top of that, having been fortunate enough to go to the 2018 THPMC, I can not put in to words how amazing the event is and a large part of that is Rachel, Jose, and Yags. Hard to beat a great group of THPers combined with amazing people from an awesome company, glorious equipment and swag all brought together for a fun filled weekend of golf.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Interesting that they have a GW available. Curious to see the difference in that compared to the 50* King Black Wedge

Drooooool

Man these are awesome. Subtle improvements were probably all that were required. These are too much for my game, but would love to see these first hand in other Morgan Cuppers hands.

(see what I did there? )

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Interesting that they have a GW available. Curious to see the difference in that compared to the 50* King Black Wedge

Something tells me you won’t be letting this opportunity slip by you twice......

Good looking irons for sure. Cobra does a fantastic job on the blacked out irons. Definitely a better players iron for sure, looking forward to seeing who ends up gaming these next season.

These looks great! Must try them in the spring and see if they will kick my current Fly Z+ out of the bag!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

i think the previous version had a gw too iirc.

LOL at loft peepers!

Still one of the best looking sets of irons on the market in my eyes, so underrated. I’ve got a set of the previous iterations and the finish is by far the best I’ve had any experience with, it’s so good! New grooves and milling are pretty interesting though as the previous ones were already the highest spinning set I think I’ve ever played.

I think your right but I've never seen it in hand. The King Black Wedges are a bit bigger footprint than the PW and would offer more versatility I would think?

LOL at loft peepers!

Still one of the best looking sets of irons on the market in my eyes, so underrated. I’ve got a set of the previous iterations and the finish is by far the best I’ve had any experience with, it’s so good! New grooves and milling are pretty interesting though as the previous ones were already the highest spinning set I think I’ve ever played.

That caught my eye as well. The grooves on the King Black wedges are legit

I think your right but I've never seen it in hand. The King Black Wedges are a bit bigger footprint than the PW and would offer more versatility I would think?

it did, I had a 4-gw set and the gw was great, not as versatile as a dedicated wedge would be, but as a full swing club and for chips, it was money

i would agree, the set wedges are a little smaller and differently-shaped than the king black. as someone who uses gw almost exclusively as a full swing club, i would lean toward the set gw instead of a king black, then start my specialty wedges in the 56. @pkorf and i will both have the previous version in play tomorrow. #internetgolfers

Evolution, not revolution.

And frankly, its a very smart move with a profile like this. Classy irons.

Back