Cobra KING Forged CB/MB Irons

Cobra KING Forged CB/MB Irons

Well, I am no expert, except that I know enough to say definitively that you certainly don’t have a terrible swing. Your game is the envy of many.

Haha your too kind sir. I’m just saying it’s likely me that’s causing the launch and ballflight I see with that shaft. I know that shaft is not classified as that it’s just my experience with it. It worked pretty well in the FTB, maybe it was just the weaker lofts with these irons that wasn’t a great combo. Only way to tell is to go back to the $-taper with the stronger lofts that I now currently have.

These are pretty fun to hit... I mean, a total blast.

Attachments

• 4E9BCAB6-A078-4685-A316-3721A641DA7E.jpeg
    4E9BCAB6-A078-4685-A316-3721A641DA7E.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 9
I played a round with these irons in the bag today. What a blast!!! I don’t know that I would game them permanently. I am not a strong enough player anymore, but they sure are fun to hit and the feeling when you make a clean pass is superb.

Went to the range today...for various reasons I haven't played much golf lately, but I've been putting in a goodly bit at the range...man, these irons remain just a ton of fun to hit. They feel amazing, I think I'm probably the worst ball striker ever to try to use them but I rarely feel like I'm hideously inaccurate with them. I've got a round booked for Sunday, and I'm as confident as a 15 index can be with player's irons, largely because these are players irons that, dare I say, are actually pretty confidence-inducing.

I got in one more round with my borrowed set of cb/mbs before I have to take them back on Monday. I shot a decent score and hit 11 greens, but of the 7 greens I missed, 5 came up short. It tells me that I probably need the forgiveness that comes with a different profile. On the other hand, when I stuck an iron, it felt so freaking awesome and I had more birdie chances than I usually do.

The shot of the day was a 6 iron into a 180 yard par 3. The ball hit 2 or 3 feet from the hole and just stuck on the hard summer greens. So fun!!!

Attachments

• D26CF7A2-EA41-44D9-BBF2-E90F1D6D6F81.jpeg
    D26CF7A2-EA41-44D9-BBF2-E90F1D6D6F81.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 3
  • AC1548B2-B7B5-4E4A-9B49-1A15403E59CD.jpeg
    AC1548B2-B7B5-4E4A-9B49-1A15403E59CD.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 3
The new shafts have been a good change, ball flight is ideal now and the bending them 2 strong has me back to hitting comfortable yardages which really does help the mental game. Hit some good shots during yesterdays round and got a few birdies on the card. I told myself early on the number on the bottom of the club wouldn't matter as long as you know your distances. I thought it wouldn't make a difference, well I'm here to tell you..thats complete BS. It does matter when your used to hitting 8i 160 and suddenly its 145, I will still not forget playing a 135yd par 3 into the wind and I could not mentally pull an 8i so I hit the most pure 9i I had hit at that time and coming up short.

As I have mentioned scores have started to normalize throughout the summer so its pretty evident to me at least that I can shoot the same scores with blades or with GI irons its all a matter of what you are comfortable with and in most cases a poor swing will give you the same results. Bottom line, play what you like and enjoy the game.

The new shafts have been a good change, ball flight is ideal now and the bending them 2 strong has me back to hitting comfortable yardages which really does help the mental game. Hit some good shots during yesterdays round and got a few birdies on the card. I told myself early on the number on the bottom of the club wouldn't matter as long as you know your distances. I thought it wouldn't make a difference, well I'm here to tell you..thats complete BS. It does matter when your used to hitting 8i 160 and suddenly its 145, I will still not forget playing a 135yd par 3 into the wind and I could not mentally pull an 8i so I hit the most pure 9i I had hit at that time and coming up short.

As I have mentioned scores have started to normalize throughout the summer so its pretty evident to me at least that I can shoot the same scores with blades or with GI irons its all a matter of what you are comfortable with and in most cases a poor swing will give you the same results. Bottom line, play what you like and enjoy the game.

Glad to see the comfort level and game is getting back to where you want it to be.

Glad to see the comfort level and game is getting back to where you want it to be.

Oh its no where near where I want it to be haha but is more where I'm currently capable of. My ability to hit terrible golf shots is no fault of the clubs :alien:

Oh its no where near where I want it to be haha but is more where I'm currently capable of. My ability to hit terrible golf shots is no fault of the clubs :alien:

Remember our Hdcp pact

I also really want a set of CBs

Glad you are feeling better about your scoring with them. They really are awesome irons. I played these irons a week ago and shot 76. I played my F9 irons this weekend and shot 76. The F9s are certainly more confidence inspiring. These are more fun when you flush a shot.

Glad you are feeling better about your scoring with them. They really are awesome irons. I played these irons a week ago and shot 76. I played my F9 irons this weekend and shot 76. The F9s are certainly more confidence inspiring. These are more fun when you flush a shot.

Me too haha! You just made my point exactly. You shot the same score with 2 completely different sets of clubs! It’s all a matter of personal preference.

I do like the consistency I get from these compared to some other irons I’ve gamed. Even when I miss my target it’s very rare that I blow one over the green, numbers are very close to what I’m expecting typically unless I hit a really poor shot.

I may not be great at hitting them, but I still love these irons. Love the feel, got really good ball flight today, and it's nice to feel like as my swing dials in, I get more consistency from these.

So, I am man enough to admit when I am not man enough... I borrowed a set of these irons again and took them out for a round. In summer weather, warm temperatures, no wind, I think I can pretty much score the same as I can with a profile that provides some forgiveness. In 25 mph winds, not a chance. I only got in 9 holes before lightening and rain prematurely ended the round, but trying to play these in that type of wind showed me that I am woefully lacking in my ball striking. They are too much club for me. I need something that spins much less, so that I can hold the line when I am fighting wind.

I just picked up a set of these. Tomorrow will be my first time out with them. Guess we'll see how I do.

Just passing through :cool:

How's everyone getting along with their CB/MB's at this point? I love the DBM finish, tungsten weights on these. Thoughts on $-Taper shaft pairing?

Curious to see if these are still in the bags for anyone.

I'm just here to read up because I'm considering buying a set solely for the shafts and will probably want to put the heads in play at some point.

My really nice Forged Cobra sets are worth $61.07 and $64.17 according to PGA Value Guide. :cry:

I'm just here to read up because I'm considering buying a set solely for the shafts and will probably want to put the heads in play at some point.
If you get a set and then disassemble it, do you think you could get the head weights while you’re at it? I’ve had a wild experiment in mind that I think most people who know me could guess lol

If you get a set and then disassemble it, do you think you could get the head weights while you’re at it? I’ve had a wild experiment in mind that I think most people who know me could guess lol
Lol I must not be one of those people, but yeah, no problem. I weigh and log all heads now when I have them cleaned up.

So....... :unsure:

You seem to be on a quest for blades. I saw your post in the Ben Hogan thread.
I reeeeeeeally want a set that won’t break the bank

I'll admit I've taken a peak at these while bouncing around the Morgan Cup options

I'll admit I've taken a peak at these while bouncing around the Morgan Cup options
Hell no. You’re not playing irons from 2019 in the 2022 MC

Back