TaylorMade skipping 2019 PGA show

My guess is that other companies are taking a break from the show for all the reasons discussed in this thread.

Really, without THP coverage of the PGA show, I wouldn't even know it was going on.

I would imagine that most buyers would have made decisions well before the show anyways. Shouldn't reps already be out showing their wares to clubs/buyers/stores etc to move product by the show time anyways?

Taylor Made wise though, being at the show or not, it doesn't influence my decision to buy (or not) at all.

Even if the show was open to consumers. Are consumers coming to Orlando to look at clubs and clothing. If they had an extended demo day(s) with areas to look at and/or buy apparel that might be successful. Still seems like it would be a Florida only event.

Even if the show was open to consumers. Are consumers coming to Orlando to look at clubs and clothing. If they had an extended demo day(s) with areas to look at and/or buy apparel that might be successful. Still seems like it would be a Florida only event.

Escape winter, come to Florida, see new gear, and go play local courses? People would most definitely come.

Really, without THP coverage of the PGA show, I wouldn't even know it was going on.

I would imagine that most buyers would have made decisions well before the show anyways. Shouldn't reps already be out showing their wares to clubs/buyers/stores etc to move product by the show time anyways?

Taylor Made wise though, being at the show or not, it doesn't influence my decision to buy (or not) at all.
When I was in the business, we saw new products at the end of October/early November. So we never saw a reason to send someone down to the show as our order for the following year was already placed with most companies.

Escape winter, come to Florida, see new gear, and go play local courses? People would most definitely come.
Half of eastern Canada is already there that time of year anyways, so that's like an additional 50 people or so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I can imagine that TM looked at a yearly line item list (probably a little too simplistic but you get the point) and sees the huge amount spent on the PGA show and that isn’t returning much on their investment.

Frees up a lot of cash, makes perfect sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they're owned by Bean Counters now, so I expect more cost cutting to come

Back