Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Molten View Post
    I continue to absolutely love the F9 irons. Amazing sound at impact and they keep the ball on line so darn well. I really, really need new grips on them but I love the results and my handicap dropping as a result.

If you struggle to hit high and straight shots the F9s could prove to help more than you think
    All very true, just great set, yes i would like a hair less offset, but i have been able to look pass that and enjoy what these irons give me.

I know would never happen, but F9 Speedback Pro irons have a nice ring to it.
    Driver - F9 10.5 Atmos 6 TS stiff
    3 wood - F9 3-4 Atmos 7 TS stiff
    5 wood - F9 5-6 Atmos 7 TS stiff
    Irons - F9 Speedback 4-GW :nippon: Modus 3 105 stiff
    Wedges - MD4 54 s , 58 w
    Putter - O-Works red Marxman 35'
    Ball - Z-Star
    Bag - Grom stand bag (Zigpin)

Comment

• Managed to pick up a set second hand went to the range and was carrying the irons the same distance I was hitting my pxg. I love the feel of the pxg irons, but for a cast set these irons feel fantastic. Love the feel of hitting the 5-7 flush. Also I am hitting the 5 iron well enough to ditch the 5 hybrid.

Not sure what to do with my pxg irons, I might get them reshafted as I got them second hand and feel the shafts are a bit heavy, so if I keep them i might get lighter shafts in them
      In my cart bag
      Driver G410 SFT 10.5į
      Fairway woods F9 Speedback 3W,5W. 7W
      Hybrid F9 5H
      Irons F9 Speedback 6-SW
      Wedge MIM 58į
      Putter Sigma 2
      Ball ProV1 yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by golfdawg View Post
        All very true, just great set, yes i would like a hair less offset, but i have been able to look pass that and enjoy what these irons give me.

I know would never happen, but F9 Speedback Pro irons have a nice ring to it.
        I donít even see the offset anymore after several months of looking down at them but I understand what you mean. Who knows what Cobra will do to build on this success.
        F9 Driver - 9*
        F9 Fairway - 14.5*
        F9 Irons - 4-G (Modus 105s)
        KING Black Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)
        Stroke Lab #7s

Comment

• Another comment to just say once again the F9 4i is just silly. Used it off the tee again twice yesterday on a couple tight driving holes that had the wind pushing left to right. Typically I always hit driver because well everyone in my league does but yesterday I said screw it. I didnít want to play from the trees. Piped it right down middle on both holes and it went 240 on the first hole and on the second about 260 haha. The fairways..:if you can call them that...are like cement at this course so you can get a ridiculous amount of roll right now so those arenít typical yardages but still so much fun.
          F9 - THCE "The One"
          F9 fwy 3/4, 5/6 - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70s
          King F9 4i - KBS C-Taper Lite
          King Forged CB/MB Flow Set 5-GW - Nippon Modus 3 105X
          King Black Wedges 54V, 58WL

Newport 2

Comment

• Originally posted by jdtox View Post
            Another comment to just say once again the F9 4i is just silly. Used it off the tee again twice yesterday on a couple tight driving holes that had the wind pushing left to right. Typically I always hit driver because well everyone in my league does but yesterday I said screw it. I didn’t want to play from the trees. Piped it right down middle on both holes and it went 240 on the first hole and on the second about 260 haha. The fairways..:if you can call them that...are like cement at this course so you can get a ridiculous amount of roll right now so those aren’t typical yardages but still so much fun.
            It truly is such a weapon. Have you begun using it from the fairway at all?
            sigpicTenputt

My Cobra, Morgan Cup bag:
            KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver, 9*
            KING F9 SPEEDBACK 3-4, 14.5*
            KING F9 SPEEDBACK Tour 4-5, 17.5*
            KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons, 4 - gw
            KING F9 Black Wedges, 54* and 58*
            Putter: Piretti Matera Workshop

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenputt View Post
              It truly is such a weapon. Have you begun using it from the fairway at all?
              No I havenít really had an opportunity to even try it off the fairway yet. Iím only playing maybe 6 rounds a month...4 of which are at the same course because of league and itís not a long course.
              F9 - THCE "The One"
              F9 fwy 3/4, 5/6 - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70s
              King F9 4i - KBS C-Taper Lite
              King Forged CB/MB Flow Set 5-GW - Nippon Modus 3 105X
              King Black Wedges 54V, 58WL

Newport 2

Comment

• Im going to embrace my horrendous ball striking and put these in play. I am currently a 7 index and playing a combo set of Srixon U85/785 irons and I was in a set of Honma T World 747's prior to that. These two sets are probably the softest feeling forged sets you can play, so feel is a big deal to me. When I started to test the GI realm again nothing could compete for feel and I thought I was going to stick with Srixon. I tested all the GI stuff and couldn't get along with it. Currently playing Ping G410 Driver, Fairway, and Hybrid so I thought I would slide into G410 irons. Nope, just not a good fit for me. Then on a whim I demoed the F9. Not Srixon/Honma soft, but not GI clank either. Very acceptable and the numbers don't lie. Except being a club longer I can play these for sure. Going to slide an extra wedge in at the short end of the bag and as hard it is for me to do, ignore the numbers on the bottom of the club. Im embracing jacked lofts that produce high flight!

So going forward my single digit GI set will look like this:
                Ping G410 Plus driver, fairway, and hybrid
                Cobra F9 irons 5-PW
                Cleveland CBX2 48,52,56,48
                Ping Valor 36 inch counter balanced putter

Comment

• Originally posted by sl1111 View Post
                  Im going to embrace my horrendous ball striking and put these in play. I am currently a 7 index and playing a combo set of Srixon U85/785 irons and I was in a set of Honma T World 747's prior to that. These two sets are probably the softest feeling forged sets you can play, so feel is a big deal to me. When I started to test the GI realm again nothing could compete for feel and I thought I was going to stick with Srixon. I tested all the GI stuff and couldn't get along with it. Currently playing Ping G410 Driver, Fairway, and Hybrid so I thought I would slide into G410 irons. Nope, just not a good fit for me. Then on a whim I demoed the F9. Not Srixon/Honma soft, but not GI clank either. Very acceptable and the numbers don't lie. Except being a club longer I can play these for sure. Going to slide an extra wedge in at the short end of the bag and as hard it is for me to do, ignore the numbers on the bottom of the club. Im embracing jacked lofts that produce high flight!

Cobra F9 irons 5-PW
                  Embrace the technology all the way to lower scores. The sound is great off these and the numbers really, really don't lie.
                  F9 Driver - 9*
                  F9 Fairway - 14.5*
                  Stroke Lab #7s

Comment

Im going to embrace my horrendous ball striking and put these in play. I am currently a 7 index and playing a combo set of Srixon U85/785 irons and I was in a set of Honma T World 747's prior to that. These two sets are probably the softest feeling forged sets you can play, so feel is a big deal to me. When I started to test the GI realm again nothing could compete for feel and I thought I was going to stick with Srixon. I tested all the GI stuff and couldn't get along with it. Currently playing Ping G410 Driver, Fairway, and Hybrid so I thought I would slide into G410 irons. Nope, just not a good fit for me. Then on a whim I demoed the F9. Not Srixon/Honma soft, but not GI clank either. Very acceptable and the numbers don't lie. Except being a club longer I can play these for sure. Going to slide an extra wedge in at the short end of the bag and as hard it is for me to do, ignore the numbers on the bottom of the club. Im embracing jacked lofts that produce high flight!

Cobra F9 irons 5-PW
                    That's pretty exciting, sl! I'm very eager to hear what you think of them long term.
                    In my Team Hackers Vessel/Cobra Arnold Palmer Stand Bag

KING F9 Speedback 9* Driver
                    KING F9 Speedback 13.5* Tour Fairway
                    Z U85 18* Utility Iron
                    KING F9 Speedback 4/5 Irons
                    KING Forged TEC Black 6-G Irons
                    RTX4 Black 50/54/58 Wedges
                    Super Rat

Comment

Cobra F9 irons 5-PW
                      I canít wait for you to give the board progress reports. Anyone who says a single digit handicap would not prosper with these irons is ignorant of what they offer.
                      sigpicTenputt

My Cobra, Morgan Cup bag:
                      KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver, 9*
                      KING F9 SPEEDBACK 3-4, 14.5*
                      KING F9 SPEEDBACK Tour 4-5, 17.5*
                      KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons, 4 - gw
                      KING F9 Black Wedges, 54* and 58*
                      Putter: Piretti Matera Workshop

Comment

• First round out at my local club with the F9 irons, no practice except warm up before teeing off. I play 2 to 3 rounds a week here as a member. Par 72, 6600 yard traditional tree lined course for reference.

14 of 18 GIR for a 73 with a double and a 3 putt bogey.

These irons are legit! I will post thoughts later when I have a minute.

Comment

• I'm due for an iron fitting next season, and these have my eye. For someone who already has the screw-in Arccos sensors, are there any length or swing weight issues if you order them with regular grips instead of the built-in arccos ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by quod erat View Post
                            I'm due for an iron fitting next season, and these have my eye. For someone who already has the screw-in Arccos sensors, are there any length or swing weight issues if you order them with regular grips instead of the built-in arccos ones?
                            Iím not sure if there is a difference in weight between the two types of sensors but Cobra advertises both lengths (they are shorter without the sensors in the grips).
                            F9 Driver - 9*
                            F9 Fairway - 14.5*
                            Stroke Lab #7s

Comment

• 4 iron is back in the bag. Hit it twice tonight and just laughed. Way too easy.

Sound is so nailed by Cobra.
                              In my Team Hackers Vessel/Cobra Arnold Palmer Stand Bag

KING F9 Speedback 9* Driver
                              KING F9 Speedback 13.5* Tour Fairway
                              Z U85 18* Utility Iron
                              KING F9 Speedback 4/5 Irons
                              KING Forged TEC Black 6-G Irons
                              RTX4 Black 50/54/58 Wedges
                              Super Rat

Comment

• Originally posted by Canadan View Post
                                4 iron is back in the bag. Hit it twice tonight and just laughed. Way too easy.

Sound is so nailed by Cobra.
                                Iím surprised it left your bag. Itís longer than my driver in your hands.
                                F9 Driver - 9*
                                F9 Fairway - 14.5*
                                Stroke Lab #7s

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X