Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons

Makes sense to me. It will definitely be good for the line if Rickie has some success with it.

I think Rickie is using it instead of his 5 wood. He has a tour ad ut in it. So it may not be a utility per se, but it is kinda playing like one.

Saw a video over the weekend with Rickie explaining why he was using the 4i as his driving iron. Was asked about it being a “Game Improvement” club and his response was pretty classic. “I can certainly use all the help I can get and this club is pretty sweet right now. It’s not like I’m winning lol very tournament out here yet.” (Paraphrasing)

Pretty cool stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a video over the weekend with Rickie explaining why he was using the 4i as his driving iron. Was asked about it being a “Game Improvement” club and his response was pretty classic. “I can certainly use all the help I can get and this club is pretty sweet right now. It’s not like I’m winning lol very tournament out here yet.” (Paraphrasing)

Pretty cool stuff

That’s good stuff. Beyond just this line, having a pro admit that he needs help or forgiveness is a good thing for the game as a whole.

fun video with Jose and Alex Etches

247 yard 5 iron :bulgy-eyes:

I like the 11* upright comment.... Had a good giggle at that one...

I like the 11* upright comment.... Had a good giggle at that one...

I hope they would offer a "Bryson" option for consumers as well with extremely upright lie angles. It probably requires a different mfg process but for an up-charge I would still hope they'd do it.

Great video! Jose looks like he’s having a good time and Alex seemed wowed with the results.... 11*upright not sure I understand even with a single plane swing...

Watching that makes me want to go try the Jumbo grips. I've been wanting to try something larger than standard, maybe I should do that before testing jumbo out.

Great video! Jose looks like he’s having a good time and Alex seemed wowed with the results.... 11*upright not sure I understand even with a single plane swing...

The 11* isn't necessarily tied to the single plane, but rather that he plays very upright, in addition to being 6'1 but playing irons at 37.5.

Watching that makes me want to go try the Jumbo grips. I've been wanting to try something larger than standard, maybe I should do that before testing jumbo out.

The 11* isn't necessarily tied to the single plane, but rather that he plays very upright, in addition to being 6'1 but playing irons at 37.5.
Maybe you should try mid sized first.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Jesus that was crazy.. that guy seemed just flabbergasted at the club and results

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

His videos on YouTube are hilarious. He does seem shocked at the data

Had the opportunity to put the 5i through it’s paces yesterday

5i 22.5*

Temps were mid 20s and range balls were NXT Tour

KBS Tour 95 was the shaft I believe

These are rocket launchers I was averaging 205 carry 215 total distance also the height was a nice mid-mid high launch which is nice to see with a low lofted club like this

Lateral forgiveness across the face - I wasn’t losing significant distance on shots

Auditory feedback is great - flushed shots vs mishits and the sound is pleasant not harsh or muted

Dispersion wasn’t as tight as I would have liked and I’ve seen with some other offerings, but I definitely need more time with them.

Workability - I was able to work the ball both ways - they are a bit draw biased though and when I would put the draw swing on them it could get away from me.

All in all very happy with these - and I plan on putting either the 4i/5i combo into play for the MC as a Utility club

At now 3 generations of one length, I wonder if cobra has worked out the majority of the kinks. The stock set for this years and last years ftb have now included progressive weighting in the shafts so I'm guessing that is where things are going. The variable length set 4 iron looks like an absolute rocket.

For bryson's custom x7's I wonder what is unique about them. I know his hzrdus black in his fairways are also one offs for him.

I hit the lower irons higher than the previous lineup and the short irons really seem precise to me. The KING F9 seem to be a really solid set that packs a ton of tech.

I hit the lower irons higher than the previous lineup and the short irons really seem precise to me. The KING F9 seem to be a really solid set that packs a ton of tech.

have i hit these?

I'm ashamed to admit I spent 2+ hours I should have been sleeping last night reading and watching content on the F9 irons. Big MC ponder.

I'm ashamed to admit I spent 2+ hours I should have been sleeping last night reading and watching content on the F9 irons. Big MC ponder.

Its hard to ignore the tech built into these. I want to hit them because they are different

have i hit these?

LMAO

That was a better use of your time

Its hard to ignore the tech built into these. I want to hit them because they are different

The ball flies off the face, get’s up in the air, sounds great and is forgiving seemed draw biased a bit but now I need to give them another shot

Superior IMO to the KFTB

I’m about 85% in on these as my MC gamers

LMAO

That was a better use of your time

The ball flies off the face, get’s up in the air, sounds great and is forgiving seemed draw biased a bit but now I need to give them another shot

Superior IMO to the KFTB

Superior to the KFTB? Interesting.

Superior IMO to the KFTB

If a golfer prefers less movement and distance out of their irons, this is a hard set to beat right now. The ball flies incredibly straight for me, which is not something I describe with any club very often. Its path dictated, but very little curvature. I enjoy the heck out of them.

If a golfer prefers less movement and distance out of their irons, this is a hard set to beat right now. The ball flies incredibly straight for me, which is not something I describe with any club very often. Its path dictated, but very little curvature. I enjoy the heck out of them.

So the ball just wants to go straight with these? Does that apply to the hosel as well? Asking for a friend haha

So the ball just wants to go straight with these? Does that apply to the hosel as well? Asking for a friend haha

I havent tested that area as of yet.

Yes, you did.

i thought so, and in ol iirc. i thought the mid and short irons were awesome. the longer irons would definitely take an adjustment period.

Superior IMO to the KFTB

gotta disagree with you here. granted, i'm comparing different shafts in both, as well as traditional in kftb vs ol in f9. but there was really nothing about the f9 that i liked better than kftb. look, feel, flight, etc all go to kftb FOR ME.

Back