Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons

How long have people been waiting for custom orders direct from Cobra?

My irons took about a week to get in. Driver took much longer, about 1.5 months if memory serves.

How long have people been waiting for custom orders direct from Cobra?

I just got my custom ordered clubs yesterday and I ordered them March 19th. I'm still waiting on the 4 iron as that's going to be another couple of weeks they said.

Well, it looks like my 4i experiment decided to finally give up the ghost tonight while I was at the range. I think that the fact that it was rebuilt didn’t do the shaft any favors.

But in the bright side, now I have the opportunity to rebuild. Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Stay tuned for Frankenclub 2.0. It’s going to be good.

ab7a8383fe1b8a4aaffc0dd616776921.jpg

Update.

The injured 4 iron was dropped off today at my local golf store which is also a True Temper Performance Fitting Center. Several people looked at the club in awe, not because of the crack in the shaft, but because they were in disbelief that I had a Catalyst 80 on an F9 4i, but in a good way. The 4i is now going to be professionally rebuilt with a new shaft. However, I decided to change one thing about it.....[insert maniacal laugh here]

Update.

The injured 4 iron was dropped off today at my local golf store which is also a True Temper Performance Fitting Center. Several people looked at the club in awe, not because of the crack in the shaft, but because they were in disbelief that I had a Catalyst 80 on an F9 4i, but in a good way. The 4i is now going to be professionally rebuilt with a new shaft. However, I decided to change one thing about it.....[insert maniacal laugh here]

Bend it two degrees strong?!

My frankenbuild is going very strong. Serves me so well for entries into par 5s, and tees where all I need is around 200-220 off the tee guaranteed.

The Rogue Max is surprisingly efficient in there.

The irons have taken me a bit to dial in and I’m not quite there, but I’m definitely seeing improvement in performance and my comfort level is getting closer.

A lot of this is also me fighting/breaking through the “winter rust” that is definitely real for us up here

The Nippon Modus 105 shafts feel good and I have no issues with feel or comfort.

Here is the date from my last 45 holes

61c8af5fe190148293ac1a766dc68666.jpg

1d7622926d28b8303c1e618838c0f3f2.jpg

b9a3790381453bf567f917a75d54cc97.jpg

*includes some King Black Wedge shots

GIR % by club

70c15a90f810381b8c9e540dc7432bba.jpg

Approach shot dispersion

939a0dafea93b37191644b3c458b3f48.jpg

Club distances

b1a96d6652e8c662e188f247ea2b495b.jpg

As I mentioned, haven’t felt the most comfortable with my swing and these and temperatures have been 50* or below since I got back from SC in March.

I’ve also been pulling more club and playing smoother/ 3/4 shots for distance and accuracy

The past three rounds though discovered something and distances seemed to be coming back

Smart Range distances for the clubs

1de6fe4e8e94e0d4ada347209434ca68.jpg

Longest shots with clubs

544f9a01d417c8a69febb8655b1cef8f.jpg

This is important for me to note - as some of the frustration has been dialing in distances - for example the GW was my 110-130 club not by choice lol - but it has been coming along and the last few rounds I’ve been trusting it more and the yardage range has called for it - you’ll see longest is 159 yards, but that was also downhill

Still love the looks of #ThePinkLadies

I have no issues with them at address or anything like that. They feel great for GI clubs and they have no problem launching the balls in the air

They also are straight machines - A couple times I’ve setup for my cut ball flight and straight it goes - not a bad thing just need to dial everything in

I have not been able to hit these irons since the Morgan Cup in the third week in March. I finally got to take them to the range today. Wow, they are so easy to use. Do they feel like a forged iron? No. However, they are very pleasing and satisfying when hit flush.

I had forgotten how easy the 5 and 4 iron are to hit. The “point and shoot” phrase is cliche, but it surely describes the F9 irons. I could see the 4 and 5 irons in my bag, no matter what other iron set I am playing. They are truly that good. For me, the 4 iron is like having a distance hybrid in my hands, but with much more precision. I am truly excited to get out and play these.

I have not been able to hit these irons since the Morgan Cup in the third week in March. I finally got to take them to the range today. Wow, they are so easy to use. Do they feel like a forged iron? No. However, they are very pleasing and satisfying when hit flush.

I had forgotten how easy the 5 and 4 iron are to hit. The “point and shoot” phrase is cliche, but it surely describes the F9 irons. I could see the 4 and 5 irons in my bag, no matter what other iron set I am playing. They are truly that good. For me, the 4 iron is like having a distance hybrid in my hands, but with much more precision. I am truly excited to get out and play these.

Glad you're back at it bud.

Thought's on workability?

I have no problem working these guys but when my hits are less than perfect (most of the time) that’s where these shine. My only issue is that perhaps I overwork the draw or fade and need to dial it down but that’s me getting too handsy.

I have no problem working these guys but when my hits are less than perfect (most of the time) that’s where these shine. My only issue is that perhaps I overwork the draw or fade and need to dial it down but that’s me getting too handsy.

Your post is me exactly and it's actually the nuanced how much do I want to work it vs just hitting it straight has been/is hurting me getting truly up to speed with them, but that's half the fun right?

Your post is me exactly and it's actually the nuanced how much do I want to work it vs just hitting it straight has been/is hurting me getting truly up to speed with them, but that's half the fun right?

For me I think it’s just trying to stick with a nice draw. If I was a true worker of the ball I’d probably move into a players iron. I’m just speaking when I need to go around a tree or something like that. I’ve been able to draw or cut it with no problem. Just the amount is where I struggle but as a once a week golfer, the F9’s give me the ability to hit it far and tame my crappy strikes.

Of course, any iron is workable, but for the same reasons these irons are so easy to hit, I don’t find them to be extremely workable. Honestly, though, I have never been one to work my irons. I will flight them up or down, which I can do with these, but I mostly want to hit them straight, unless I have to get around a tree or other trouble. I could certainly move these around a tree if need be, but otherwise, my strategy is to simply aim at my target and hit a straight ball flight.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you FrankenIron 2.0. Now at a true 39 inches in length and with the chrome shaft, professionally built at a True Temper Performance Fitting center.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you FrankenIron 2.0. Now at a true 39 inches in length and with the chrome shaft, professionally built at a True Temper Performance Fitting center.

love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice looking clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It lives! Have you hit it yet?

It lives! Have you hit it yet?

No. I wanted to give it a full day to cure this time so I don’t run into the same issues again. I’m going to try to hit it tomorrow at the range, and I plan on playing 36 Saturday.

It looks so much better than the black. I think I’m going to name it......Colossus.

Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons

More on the F9. Another round in today and these continue to impress. My miss has been a push fade so my only thought today was having my trail hand palm point more towards the ground on the downswing. Voila. High, long and nice tight draws.

Did I mention the F9 series is soooooo solid from woods to irons??

Seriously, folks, it is almost comical how well these irons cover up mediocre strikes. I had not been able to play since the Morgan Cup, until today. I am very rusty, but you would hardly know it, because these irons are so forgiving.

The photo tells the story. A 170 yard 8 iron is simply not normally in my wheelhouse. Big towering draw, a hop and the ball danced. There is plenty of spin. This hole is difficult. You miss the green and you almost certainly bogey the hole and you very possibly are staring at a 5. These irons just give a little boost of confidence.

Attachments

• 1A41B916-D338-473F-AE0E-E552783A2B50.jpeg
    1A41B916-D338-473F-AE0E-E552783A2B50.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 0
Seriously, folks, it is almost comical how well these irons cover up mediocre strikes. I had not been able to play since the Morgan Cup, until today. I am very rusty, but you would hardly know it, because these irons are so forgiving.

The photo tells the story. A 170 yard 8 iron is simply not normally in my wheelhouse. Big towering draw, a hop and the ball danced. There is plenty of spin. This hole is difficult. You miss the green and you almost certainly bogey the hole and you very possibly are staring at a 5. These irons just give a little boost of confidence.
Very nice hole!! Glad you were able to get out and they certainly are performing well for you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

well Fedex delivered half my packages and they were the irons, they look fantastic in the Nardo Gray grips, Recoil 110 shafts and 1 degree flat. Calling now to see if range is open after all our rain, wouldn't mind hitting the 6 8 and PW against my 565s

well Fedex delivered half my packages and they were the irons, they look fantastic in the Nardo Gray grips, Recoil 110 shafts and 1 degree flat. Calling now to see if range is open after all our rain, wouldn't mind hitting the 6 8 and PW against my 565s

Looking forward to your thoughts here!!

Looking forward to your thoughts here!!

I will have to be honest, i may have been expecting too much, so i may give it some time, but right now only thought is how can i return them. Don't think they take custom clubs back.

Back