Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons

I guess it makes it a little easier since when you take the sensor out there is some grip overhang where the sensor is?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Not really. Tough to describe via text

Sensor sits in its own reinforced cradle

Yeah I have the stock Cobra connect grips but i get super sweaty and have noticed some slipping I figure something with some cord would help.

FYI there is no cord in the UTx connect grips from cobra. At least not the ones I have

FYI there is no cord in the UTx connect grips from cobra. At least not the ones I have
Do you think these are different from the normal Lampkin UTx? I was looking at all the grips and these were a little cheaper than the mcc+4 and i read they had great all weather(or sweaty hand) performance.

Do you think these are different from the normal Lampkin UTx? I was looking at all the grips and these were a little cheaper than the mcc+4 and i read they had great all weather(or sweaty hand) performance.

Yes they are totally different and not in a good way

Legit Lamkin UTX has cord in the grip which helps with grip and moisture from sweat/wet weather

These are more like Lamkin REL

Well this sucks, kind of shady of Cobra to sell Lampkin utx grips that aren't up to par with a standard utx grip.

Well this sucks, kind of shady of Cobra to sell Lampkin utx grips that aren't up to par with a standard utx grip.

It’s the “made for OEM” utx - Cobra isn’t the only one

More lamkin than the oems

Also, I actually haven’t had any issue with my grips - would I prefer a bit of cord? Yes.

Played in the rain and the grips were fine with my rain gloves

In that case are the mcc+4 partial cord and true to what you would expect if you bought them from golf pride?

It’s the “made for OEM” utx - Cobra isn’t the only one

More lamkin than the oems

Also, I actually haven’t had any issue with my grips - would I prefer a bit of cord? Yes.

Played in the rain and the grips were fine with my rain gloves
Are you gaming the UTx's?

I haven’t had any issues/complaints with them since I’ve had them in play this year

Interesting. I’m not a fan and when someone another THP’er @pkorf picked them up and told me I need new grips after 2 months and maybe 10 rounds I think there is an issue. They are firm and slick for newish grips

Interesting. I’m not a fan and when someone another THP’er @pkorf picked them up and told me I need new grips after 2 months and maybe 10 rounds I think there is an issue. They are firm and slick for newish grips

Lol it was literally the first thing I said before I even swung them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you need a new glove

I haven’t even cleaned them with gripes yet.

30 rounds in so far - would I like a little cord, definitely but These are treating me right so far

The interesting thing about the UTx grips is on Arccos site they sell what looks like to be the UTx with cord in it, but the cobra connect grips do not have cord. Not sure why there is a disconnect there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that case are the mcc+4 partial cord and true to what you would expect if you bought them from golf pride?

I can confirm that the GolfPride MCC+4 grips are the authentic grips.

I'm playing the UTx and thought they would come with cord and was a little disappointed. Performance wise they haven't been as bad as what JDtox has experienced but I have scrubbed them with a soft bristle brush and warm soapy water every other week or so to keep them tacky. When I replace it will be the GP mcc+4 for sure

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I love you guys. I love this thread. I love the push to tinker and try out the F9.

Took my new Vl F9s to the range today. Yesterday's 185yd, 20 yard max height FTB OL is now replaced with a 200 yard 5 iron with a crazy amazing descent angle (had my sc200 but no launch monitor to get descent angle) . Ball speed is up. Everything is up. For the first time in my golf reboot I believe that golf might be fun again.

On a side note, I've read the stories about how people struggle going back from one length to variable length. I didn't have years of VL baggage to hurt me one way or another however today I definitely struggled a bit with the shorter irons. I'll have to how to hit a short iron now and may keep the 56 degree and 60 degree OL in the short term to ease the transition.

Also, have any of you guys thrown out trusty 5w for the 4iron ? I love my 5 wood but that 5 iron is SO easy to launch that I've been rethinking everything. I never imagined that one day I could say my irons were my favorite part of my bag.

I love you guys. I love this thread. I love the push to tinker and try out the F9.

Took my new Vl F9s to the range today. Yesterday's 185yd, 20 yard max height FTB OL is now replaced with a 200 yard 5 iron with a crazy amazing descent angle (had my sc200 but no launch monitor to get descent angle) . Ball speed is up. Everything is up. For the first time in my golf reboot I believe that golf might be fun again.

On a side note, I've read the stories about how people struggle going back from one length to variable length. I didn't have years of VL baggage to hurt me one way or another however today I definitely struggled a bit with the shorter irons. I'll have to how to hit a short iron now and may keep the 56 degree and 60 degree OL in the short term to ease the transition.

Also, have any of you guys thrown out trusty 5w for the 4iron ? I love my 5 wood but that 5 iron is SO easy to launch that I've been rethinking everything. I never imagined that one day I could say my irons were my favorite part of my bag.

Depending on your sets makeup, you don’t have to choose between a 5w and 4 iron. Here is my bag:

D
3w
4/5 w
4 - pw
Gw
54 degree wedge
60 degree wedge
Putter

14 clubs

I have the 3 wood set strong at 13.5 degrees, the 4/5 set at 16.5 degrees and the 4/5 wood and 4 iron serve complimentary purposes. The 4/5 is about 225 from the fairway, but with the rails, it is easy to dig out of a tough lie. The 4 iron is about 210 from the fairway and 220 to 230 off the tee.

For me, the F9 irons are not very easy to work left or right. The irons want to go straight or bend slightly in a manner consistent with your normal ball flight. However, they definitely can be flighted.

The other night, I played a quick 9 holes. The par 3s were playing 188 and 201 to the pins, respectively. I was able to take a little off of the 5 iron and flight the ball lower into the 188 yard green for a pretty easy two putt.

The other par 3 had a fairly shallow, wide green that was ever so slightly elevated. With the slope being taken into account, my Bushnell rangefinder said it was playing 207. I again pulled the 5 iron and was able to hit a high shot that landed softly on the green, pin high.

Not trying to focus on my ball striking. They were both sort of lucky shots in that I pulled them off. The point is that I could flight the 5 iron down for what was needed on one hole and juice it up a little and hit the high, soaring ball flight with the 5 iron when needed.

For me, the F9 irons are not very easy to work left or right. The irons want to go straight or bend slightly in a manner consistent with your normal ball flight. However, they definitely can be flighted.

The other night, I played a quick 9 holes. The par 3s were playing 188 and 201 to the pins, respectively. I was able to take a little off of the 5 iron and flight the ball lower into the 188 yard green for a pretty easy two putt.

The other par 3 had a fairly shallow, wide green that was ever so slightly elevated. With the slope being taken into account, my Bushnell rangefinder said it was playing 207. I again pulled the 5 iron and was able to hit a high shot that landed softly on the green, pin high.

Not trying to focus on my ball striking. They were both sort of lucky shots in that I pulled them off. The point is that I could flight the 5 iron down for what was needed on one hole and juice it up a little and hit the high, soaring ball flight with the 5 iron when needed.

I have no problem working them both left/right/up/down

Just not when I want...

Great shots though TP

I have no problem working them both left/right/up/down

Just not when I want...

Sometimes, I can work them off the hosel, too.

This style of iron isn't really meant to be "workable" I don't think. With some effort it can be done but by design they are meant to help hit the ball straight. I only have the 4 iron but I have been able to flight down occasionally and hit some big sweeping draws off the tee. I still have never hit it off the turf as thats not really what I have it for.

Back