Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons

I was lucky enough to be part of MC ‘18 and went F8.... still gaming still loving and still hit bombs for me.... played early back nine this AM and both par 5s (~510 yds) I was on in 2 on both driver, 3w.... soggy and no roll.... which for an old man I’ll take all day every day

I’m sure F9s will be that much better and you won’t be disappointed!

Can’t wait to find out how you hit’em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#BeastMode - on your order what were your lie angles?

+2... could have gone another half degree on 4/5

Were yours longer too? We didn’t get to play together but if not I can picture you bending over like Keegan haha.

Also were you the only MC guy last year that went F8? That needs to change this year...

Were yours longer too? We didn’t get to play together but if not I can picture you bending over like Keegan haha.

Also were you the only MC guy last year that went F8? That needs to change this year...

How many guys on your team are going F9?

I don’t currently have that information handy, but I think the answer is...not enough

I don’t currently have that information handy, but I think the answer is...not enough

Lol well that’s what more than one and less than 7

I wonder what irons Yags and Jos are playing

Lol well that’s what more than one and less than 7

I wonder what irons Yags and Jos are playing

Jose was playing original forged tec's last year, I think Yags was playing F8 if I remember correctly. I will ask Jose next time I talk to him

Jose was playing original forged tec's last year, I think Yags was playing F8 if I remember correctly. I will ask Jose next time I talk to him

Say hi for me

Yes, +3/4 in addition to the Arccos +1/2 .... I think I was the only F8 irons..... I need the forgiveness and still very happy with my selection

Has anyone else given these a try yet? They are in most retailers for fittings. I'm curious if my low spin observations were an aberration or not.

Has anyone else given these a try yet? They are in most retailers for fittings. I'm curious if my low spin observations were an aberration or not.
I've got a fitting set for next week.

One for sure. I'm going all F9 minus SW/LW. Other choices might be cool and all but getting something I can't hit worth a crap for the sake of getting them seems like a bad plan.

Just wanted to chime in on these bad boys too. I think they look great, Cobra has done a fantastic job with these.

Are they a little chunky? Yes but not overly so
Are they easy to hit? Absolutely
Are they forgiving? Definitely

I really think these clubs will accomplish the goal of making the game easier for anyone who wants to game them. In my limited testing they wanted to fly high and straight and on a trajectory that seemed to the naked eye that would still land softly.

For anyone considering or looking this direction they are not oversized clubs, sure they are a little bigger but not huge, I don’t have comparison pics but I would guess they are not much bigger than the Rogue irons.

Just wanted to chime in on these bad boys too. I think they look great, Cobra has done a fantastic job with these.

Are they a little chunky? Yes but not overly so
Are they easy to hit? Absolutely
Are they forgiving? Definitely

I really think these clubs will accomplish the goal of making the game easier for anyone who wants to game them. In my limited testing they wanted to fly high and straight and on a trajectory that seemed to the naked eye that would still land softly.

For anyone considering or looking this direction they are not oversized clubs, sure they are a little bigger but not huge, I don’t have comparison pics but I would guess they are not much bigger than the Rogue irons.

How would you say they compare to the F6's in chunkiness?

Interesting- IMO the sole was bigger than the Rogues, but less junk in the trunk

Interesting- IMO the sole was bigger than the Rogues, but less junk in the trunk

I was just referring to the look at address, I would agree the sole is likely bigger. I did notice junk in the trunk on the 4-5 iron but not the 8 I was hitting

Last edited:
I got my F9 4 iron in hand today. Can post some pics if people want, can compare size to F8 and Forged Tec.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I got my F9 4 iron in hand today. Can post some pics if people want, can compare size to F8 and Forged Tec.

Well then do it! :)

The F9 is like 2003 Jennifer Lopez, bling'ed out with junk in the trunk. It is a lot of iron. The back end is very noticeable at address. Maybe it's better in the short irons...

First pic is right to left King Utility 4, F9 4, F8 5i, and Forged Tec 4.

Second pic is right to left Forged Tec, Utility, F9, all 4 iron.
5e5a20835d0909d5a7fcaa4b6fd1e1ac.jpg
00ca3c386d3915dc7b34436d268405a3.jpg

The F9 is like 2003 Jennifer Lopez, bling'ed out with junk in the trunk. It is a lot of iron. The back end is very noticeable at address. Maybe it's better in the short irons...

How did the head feel in comparison to the other clubs - I know they’re all shafted, but any thoughts would be great

Very helpful, thanks ohnolan.

These were totally on my short list for 2019 until I managed to land my JPX900 Forged for $375... Love coupon stacking at Global Golf!
1222752cd8c2a0ee6d0f7ac5406c2231.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

How did the head feel in comparison to the other clubs - I know they’re all shafted, but any thoughts would be great
What type of feel? Swing weight wise it's fine. I won't get to hit anything side by side till Friday.

I had an opportunity to hit the F9 4 iron out of a heated stall today for about 45 minutes. The club is an absolute rocket launcher. I am not sure it would be a permanent fixture in my bag, because my swing speed is more suited to a hybrid in that 19 to 20 degree range, but the club felt very nice on centered strikes and it was launching at around 14 degrees, which would make it a weapon for me on those very windy days or off the tee on short par 4’s.

Back