Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons

Had a really good day with the irons today.

Great launch, hit and held some greens with the 6i up through the 9i

The reshafted 4i continues to impress hit another one off the tee 225

The forgiveness in these totally work and well struck shots are rewarded with a nice high ball flight that lands soft with a lot of bite

Best day with my irons in quite some time. Actually hit them solid instead of swaying backwards and the difference was night and day.

Won an iron fitting on Twitter the other day so looking forward to seeing if I’m still in the right shafts or if a change is looming.

Had some solid shots with the scoring irons today 9-G

af4a7c582411fb1d483a75df1328f9b2.jpg

When I hit good shots this was generally the distance from the pitch marks

I rolled a few back of the pitch marks with the GW

(Used CSX TT )

This is a small part form a larger review i did of the F9 family, but i figured would be good to post this part on the irons here.

IRONS – well I had to send first set I ordered back, they had Recoil 110 F4, and for the life of me I could not get them to work for me, felt dead, and just not a right fit. Second set I got with the Nippon Modus 3 105 Stiff, with standard grips and -1/4 an inch to play close to standard length through most of the set. These irons are VERY forgiving, and I think with time I will gain 5-10 yards over my 565s, but for now I think it’s the forgiveness that helped me most. They held the line, and retained distances better than my 565s on poorly hit shots. I found my iron swing much like my driver swing on the back 9 (don’t we all) and I finally started falling in love with these irons and very much look forward to taking that swing I found on the back 9 and working it on the range to get it ingrained. I saw distance gains on at least 3 swings (first example) 9 iron flew about 145 and came back 2-3 feet 4 feet from pin, thing is I playing to land 10 yards short of the pin because hazard right off the back (second example) After that 9 iron distance I had 170 to a tucked back left pin, water left , steep drop off the back, 7 iron drew in just right, stop hop, 2-3 ft roll out to 12 feet right of the pin (third example) Par 5, after we all hit bad drives, we had one ball in play 350 yards out, other guys hit, worm burners, I had two shots, topped my 4 wood, then went back to the bag and pulled 5 iron, hit what I felt was a very average shot, kind of a weak draw, and ended up 130 out in fairway, that saved the hole for us. So needless to say I am excited to see what a few months with these will give me. Flight with these is a nice strong mid-high flight, that seem to have some quality spin but don’t balloon in the least.

The 4i was hit or miss for me this past weekend. Some good some bad. Considering changing to a graphite hybrid shaft to see if I can lower the ball flight a bit and make it more of a driving iron since its the only way I currently use it.

The 4i was hit or miss for me this past weekend. Some good some bad. Considering changing to a graphite hybrid shaft to see if I can lower the ball flight a bit and make it more of a driving iron since its the only way I currently use it.

The hybrid shaft has made all the difference for me.

I have the Rickie Fowler setup, Graphite Design Tour Ad IZ 95, in stiff.
I have the Atmos 6 stiff in mine and really appreciate the performance and forgiveness I am seeing. I do want to try out that setup (Rickie's with the Tour Ad) just to see if I notice any difference but for now it is not broke so I'm resisting the urge to tinker!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Shoot me an address and I’ll mail it to you

Totally unnecessary but I do appreciate it as I missed this yesterday. PM incoming

Well spent some time on the range at lunch working with these irons, and again they really flew well for me. There is a slight chance they are a hair too upright for me, but time will tell and try and get a LM and see how the club is delivering.

Had a good day with this shaft in the Cobra F9 4i yesterday 4 times off the tee all 4 times was a FIR

Averaged 215 yards with the best being 231 and shortest 190

Great move so far

I continue to absolutely love the F9 irons. Amazing sound at impact and they keep the ball on line so darn well. I really, really need new grips on them but I love the results and my handicap dropping as a result.

If you struggle to hit high and straight shots the F9s could prove to help more than you think

I continue to absolutely love the F9 irons. Amazing sound at impact and they keep the ball on line so darn well. I really, really need new grips on them but I love the results and my handicap dropping as a result.

If you struggle to hit high and straight shots the F9s could prove to help more than you think

All very true, just great set, yes i would like a hair less offset, but i have been able to look pass that and enjoy what these irons give me.

I know would never happen, but F9 Speedback Pro irons have a nice ring to it.

Managed to pick up a set second hand went to the range and was carrying the irons the same distance I was hitting my pxg. I love the feel of the pxg irons, but for a cast set these irons feel fantastic. Love the feel of hitting the 5-7 flush. Also I am hitting the 5 iron well enough to ditch the 5 hybrid.

Not sure what to do with my pxg irons, I might get them reshafted as I got them second hand and feel the shafts are a bit heavy, so if I keep them i might get lighter shafts in them

All very true, just great set, yes i would like a hair less offset, but i have been able to look pass that and enjoy what these irons give me.

I know would never happen, but F9 Speedback Pro irons have a nice ring to it.

I don’t even see the offset anymore after several months of looking down at them but I understand what you mean. Who knows what Cobra will do to build on this success.

Another comment to just say once again the F9 4i is just silly. Used it off the tee again twice yesterday on a couple tight driving holes that had the wind pushing left to right. Typically I always hit driver because well everyone in my league does but yesterday I said screw it. I didn’t want to play from the trees. Piped it right down middle on both holes and it went 240 on the first hole and on the second about 260 haha. The fairways..:if you can call them that...are like cement at this course so you can get a ridiculous amount of roll right now so those aren’t typical yardages but still so much fun.

Another comment to just say once again the F9 4i is just silly. Used it off the tee again twice yesterday on a couple tight driving holes that had the wind pushing left to right. Typically I always hit driver because well everyone in my league does but yesterday I said screw it. I didn’t want to play from the trees. Piped it right down middle on both holes and it went 240 on the first hole and on the second about 260 haha. The fairways..:if you can call them that...are like cement at this course so you can get a ridiculous amount of roll right now so those aren’t typical yardages but still so much fun.

It truly is such a weapon. Have you begun using it from the fairway at all?

It truly is such a weapon. Have you begun using it from the fairway at all?

No I haven’t really had an opportunity to even try it off the fairway yet. I’m only playing maybe 6 rounds a month...4 of which are at the same course because of league and it’s not a long course.

Im going to embrace my horrendous ball striking and put these in play. I am currently a 7 index and playing a combo set of Srixon U85/785 irons and I was in a set of Honma T World 747's prior to that. These two sets are probably the softest feeling forged sets you can play, so feel is a big deal to me. When I started to test the GI realm again nothing could compete for feel and I thought I was going to stick with Srixon. I tested all the GI stuff and couldn't get along with it. Currently playing Ping G410 Driver, Fairway, and Hybrid so I thought I would slide into G410 irons. Nope, just not a good fit for me. Then on a whim I demoed the F9. Not Srixon/Honma soft, but not GI clank either. Very acceptable and the numbers don't lie. Except being a club longer I can play these for sure. Going to slide an extra wedge in at the short end of the bag and as hard it is for me to do, ignore the numbers on the bottom of the club. Im embracing jacked lofts that produce high flight!

So going forward my single digit GI set will look like this:
Ping G410 Plus driver, fairway, and hybrid
Cobra F9 irons 5-PW
Cleveland CBX2 48,52,56,48
Ping Valor 36 inch counter balanced putter

sl1111;n8876049 said:
Im going to embrace my horrendous ball striking and put these in play. I am currently a 7 index and playing a combo set of Srixon U85/785 irons and I was in a set of Honma T World 747's prior to that. These two sets are probably the softest feeling forged sets you can play, so feel is a big deal to me. When I started to test the GI realm again nothing could compete for feel and I thought I was going to stick with Srixon. I tested all the GI stuff and couldn't get along with it. Currently playing Ping G410 Driver, Fairway, and Hybrid so I thought I would slide into G410 irons. Nope, just not a good fit for me. Then on a whim I demoed the F9. Not Srixon/Honma soft, but not GI clank either. Very acceptable and the numbers don't lie. Except being a club longer I can play these for sure. Going to slide an extra wedge in at the short end of the bag and as hard it is for me to do, ignore the numbers on the bottom of the club. Im embracing jacked lofts that produce high flight!

Cobra F9 irons 5-PW

Embrace the technology all the way to lower scores. The sound is great off these and the numbers really, really don't lie.

sl1111;n8876049 said:

Cobra F9 irons 5-PW

That's pretty exciting, sl! I'm very eager to hear what you think of them long term.

sl1111;n8876049 said:

Cobra F9 irons 5-PW

I can’t wait for you to give the board progress reports. Anyone who says a single digit handicap would not prosper with these irons is ignorant of what they offer.

Back