Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Fairway Woods

Got some more numbers between the two heads. Totally uninterested in the smoke here, but I’d say the tour head is pretty much a done deal.

72618f95844654d04e279222e3777d15.jpg

c1a38a4ee2b13b9cd404bd5e6dfaabe5.jpg

16aca3aab8b368f507aedf147d2e1511.jpg

Versus

e086c528e40d47ff2389577c8b436cbb.jpg

8bfeec81657db4f586cf69fa0f05ef04.jpg

ff69abf2250270a63bcba25c90e81f22.jpg

9a51b1395923fa5f15aba655f2a6d44b.jpg

Here's what the data wasn't telling;

First, it took me one swing to get comfortable with the tour head, and then I got two great strikes right out of the gate. Took pretty much no time to be happy with a couple swings. Swapped heads and immediately started to struggle. Couldn't really find the swing I wanted and the ball was heading everywhere (left and right) with loads of spin. I wanted badly to run with the standard head, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Shaft wise for the MC, there's a good chance we're going NV Green 7x. The Smoke is just not a shaft I enjoy, and nothing else is low spin.

Bummer about the smoke, but finding the head combo is awesome

I tried the 3-4 and the 5-6 in avalanche this arvo at my local shop. My awesome ability to struggle with long shafted clubs off the deck continued. The sound of one struck near the middle sounded amazing and so did the looks at address. Long story short for me it didn’t go anywhere near as good as my current setup so I put it down pretty quickly. The F9 hybrid on the other hand wwoooowww.
The other thing to note is the F9 fairway felt lots heavier with it’s 75g shaft compared to the 50g in by GBB. That probably played a role too.

Hey folks, don’t sleep on these fairway woods. While the driver is receiving the majority of discussion, the F9 fws are really solid in their own right. I got my first chance to hit the 3w yesterday. 3w traditionally is my weakest club in the bag. I have a hard time finding one that I really like. Right from the first swing, the club felt solid and comfortable. i was seeing ball speed at the upper end of the range I would expect. I am really excited to put it in the bag for the Morgan Cup and beyond.

Hey folks, don’t sleep on these fairway woods. While the driver is receiving the majority of discussion, the F9 fws are really solid in their own right. I got my first chance to hit the 3w yesterday. 3w traditionally is my weakest club in the bag. I have a hard time finding one that I really like. Right from the first swing, the club felt solid and comfortable. i was seeing ball speed at the upper end of the range I would expect. I am really excited to put it in the bag for the Morgan Cup and beyond.

I’m adding a 5w to my bag out of sheer excitement for these fws. I love the sound of good ball speed in the morning.

I’m adding a 5w to my bag out of sheer excitement for these fws. I love the sound of good ball speed in the morning.

I'm curious on the ball speed thing, really want to see some 3w numbers to kinda feel out and compare to my F85 and CBX which are ball speed monsters, I've hit some with those in the high 150's ball speed which is funny.

You guys are NOT helping my bank account with all this ballspeed talk.

Here's what the data wasn't telling;

First, it took me one swing to get comfortable with the tour head, and then I got two great strikes right out of the gate. Took pretty much no time to be happy with a couple swings. Swapped heads and immediately started to struggle. Couldn't really find the swing I wanted and the ball was heading everywhere (left and right) with loads of spin. I wanted badly to run with the standard head, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Shaft wise for the MC, there's a good chance we're going NV Green 7x. The Smoke is just not a shaft I enjoy, and nothing else is low spin.

Is the face on the Tour version noticeably deeper? Front to back looks to be a lot more compact.

I'm curious on the ball speed thing, really want to see some 3w numbers to kinda feel out and compare to my F85 and CBX which are ball speed monsters, I've hit some with those in the high 150's ball speed which is funny.

I don’t feel that the F9 is as hot as the CBX (nothing has been for me), but it is much easier to hit, more forgiving.

I don’t feel that the F9 is as hot as the CBX (nothing has been for me), but it is much easier to hit, more forgiving.

Yeah, CBX speed wise is just silly, almost too silly at times.

These just look so good. I love the inclusion of face milling more than anything though.

Yeah, CBX speed wise is just silly, almost too silly at times.

These just look so good. I love the inclusion of face milling more than anything though.

I have a real soft spot for Cobra, so I was extremely excited to be a participant in the MC. However, ultimately, I am going to put in my bag what will help me shoot the lowest score. I played the F8+ driver most of the year, but replaced it with the Titleist TS3. I could not deny that it gave me better ball speed with equally as good dispersion.

That being said, after hitting the F9 3w, I have no doubt that I will be able to game it happily for the year. It felt awesome and is PLENTY fast. I also feel that the F9 driver is every bit as good for me as the Titleist, and that the F9 driver is a step up from the F8 (but that is a different thread). I really think that this year, Cobra’s F9 lineup is the equal or better of any other manufacturer, when you consider looks, feel, playability and ball speed.

I really hope that Cobra gets its just due for this lineup.

I have a real soft spot for Cobra, so I was extremely excited to be a participant in the MC. However, ultimately, I am going to put in my bag what will help me shoot the lowest score. I played the F8+ driver most of the year, but replaced it with the Titleist TS3. I could not deny that it gave me better ball speed with equally as good dispersion.

That being said, after hitting the F9 3w, I have no doubt that I will be able to game it happily for the year. It felt awesome and is PLENTY fast. I also feel that the F9 driver is every bit as good for me as the Titleist, and that the F9 driver is a step up from the F8 (but that is a different thread). I really think that this year, Cobra’s F9 lineup is the equal or better of any other manufacturer, when you consider looks, feel, playability and ball speed.

I really hope that Cobra gets its just due for this lineup.

Same, I was in one of the OG MC's as a Cobra player. Staff bag still on display! So, I totally get your affinity/soft-spot for Cobra, they're a fun company.

Both of these fairways were great. I like the look of the F9 better than the F9 Tour. But was getting a bit better results with the tour. A conundrum to say the least.

If anyone is concerned with ballspeed with these, don't worry. They are quick to say the least. I tried the tour back to back with M5 fairway and was seeing very similar numbers even though the M5 has a titanium face (and much higher price).

I will have to say when middled, these sound unbelievably good.

Tough decisions will be made after my fitting tomorrow.

Getting fit for these this afternoon. Excited to finalize my MC bag!

Hmmm

3W Atmos Blue Stiff 1/2 inch short Blue OL Grips Avalanche head

5W Superlite Head 1/4” short Helium shaft

Both lamkin utx 2 wraps

How’d the fitting go?
Went pretty well, although not as well as the irons and drive did. I did fairways and hybrid today. I was having a little difficulty getting comfortable with the 3-4W head. 5-6W was was better, but still will take some getting used to. I'm also still a little confused as to the shafts because I wasn't able to hit the exact shaft the fitter recommended.

... I am just blown away by the F9 3 wood. 3 wood used to be the worst club in my bag and the F8 changed that. But the F9 is taking it to another level. Just soooooo long, forgiving and great trajectory/spin combo with the Atmos TS Blue. I had 245 to a green with water left yesterday and did not hesitate to hit my F9 3 wood and put the ball on the right fringe, right where I was aiming. I have never hit a more reliable 3 wood.

... I am just blown away by the F9 3 wood. 3 wood used to be the worst club in my bag and the F8 changed that. But the F9 is taking it to another level. Just soooooo long, forgiving and great trajectory/spin combo with the Atmos TS Blue. I had 245 to a green with water left yesterday and did not hesitate to hit my F9 3 wood and put the ball on the right fringe, right where I was aiming. I have never hit a more reliable 3 wood.

I also have very high hopes for the F9 3-4 fairway, based on some indoor testing on a launch monitor. I was hitting some balls that were almost as long as driver and the club was extremely easy to square up. I am anxiously anticipating getting this into my hands, as soon as our Morgan Cup orders are processed.

Man you guys aren’t going to help my bank account.

Anybody hitting these? Know that I’ve purchased the F9 driver, I’m turning my focus to a 3w.
The M5/6 sounds good but I’m really interested in the F9.

Anybody hitting these? Know that I’ve purchased the F9 driver, I’m turning my focus to a 3w.

Only in hitting bays but man I loved them. Sound is great, bounce shoots off the face, easily consistent contact, and distance seemed about as expected (since I'm not currently playing woods). Of my MC bag, I'm most excited for the 3w and 5w.

Only in hitting bays but man I loved them. Sound is great, bounce shoots off the face, easily consistent contact, and distance seemed about as expected (since I'm not currently playing woods). Of my MC bag, I'm most excited for the 3w and 5w.

Perfect. I’ll be following along closely to that event.

I have the 3W and waiting on the 5W to go along with my f9 driver. Also have the 4 & 5 F9 hybrids. I had the F8 woods last year and this years are so much better.

Back