Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Fairway Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Fairway Woods

fwiw, I really like the aggressive styling on both the driver and fairways. The yellow pops. Bringing the milled face and upping by up to 2.5 mph ball speeds in this shape is huge for Cobra imo. My impression has been that their fairways have always been among the easiest to hit, but not necessarily the fastest. These could be the total package.

Love that they brought the CNC milled face over to the fairway this year. I think that tour fairway has my name written all over it

I really like the shape of these, but my 3 wood is my favourite club in the bag, not sure I will change

Love that they brought the CNC milled face over to the fairway this year. I think that tour fairway has my name written all over it

I thought the same thing. It looks really good and aggressive, but in a smaller package. Love it.

Now......why did they get rid of NARDO!!!!????

I thought the same thing. It looks really good and aggressive, but in a smaller package. Love it.

Now......why did they get rid of NARDO!!!!????

I know!! From the looks of it the tour fw is only black? while the regular version has both the yellow and white options.

I like the addition of the milled face on the FWs, and the dual lineups. These should do very well for cobra.

Adding the milled face is huge and I love the yellow! It looks bold and powerful, plus I've always been a big fan of the rails.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As others have mentioned.....I’m glad to see the CNC milled face in the fairways. Heard it wasn’t easy to do when talking with r&d last year. Excited to see these in hand at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.5mph ball speed jump is pretty big.

Might have to give that 21 degree a try. If they had a weight forward one, I’d probably be having sweats about it. The shape of that looks really, really good.

I'll have to get my hands on the F9 Tour fairway at some point. Is there not a plain 15° version?, I'd rather not have to go 4/5 and open the face to 16° or 3/4 closing face to 15°

4° between models is a massive jump IMO

The F7 FW for me was unfortunately a dud, so hopefully things have improved

Wow what a jump in ball speed. Adding the milled face should add consistent feel from driver through fw shots. Good lineup of woods going into 2019.

2.5mph ball speed jump is pretty big.

Might have to give that 21 degree a try. If they had a weight forward one, I’d probably be having sweats about it. The shape of that looks really, really good.

Some real quick in hand pics

64af04e935d9e409176764e2e82ad66d.jpg

145e489cb66ffd91e085e9257833e08c.jpg

0dbc1ee57a4176273f1506fa8f519745.jpg

a131a0a110b8e9454ee3042eca5de4b4.jpg

Reported for not suitable for finances material.

That looks pretty filthy

On my list to try. I'm happy with my bag but these are tempting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Tour calls to me.

My gosh this is a nice looking club

I am so excited for these fairways. They packed a TON of tech into this package.

The first thing I noticed was the progressive rail system. It's a great concept that will make the feature work better depending on loft, and I love that. Then you add in the milled face concept, with the carbon crown... It just absolutely screams "I'm loaded with tech" and I think that is going to make a lot of people jump to at least try it.

I like the two options in the fairway woods though. I think I would go with the Tour in the 3W for that penetration flight and less spin for more accuracy off the tee and keep the regular in yellow in my 5w spot for forgiveness and launch for off the deck shots.

Refining and cleaning up the baffler rails for a cleaner interaction is big, I didn't think they could improve it.

Great write-up.

I'd demo them and would be curious how the Tour models performed for me vs the regular ones.

The fairways look just as nice as the driver's. I love the addition of the milled face for sure. I still think the F8 may have been my favorite feeling fairway ever and it will be interesting to see if they can add a little more performance to this line.

Hope the lower back is not similar to the driver. The square box thing at the back of the driver is a turnoff for me.

The tour turned wide open might be a deadly 4 wood. Overall, I was a fan of both the f7 and f8+ range.

Man these looks so good! Tech screams fast and long.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back