Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Fairway Woods

Does anyone have the tour edition? Thinking of trying that one as I prefer a small clubhead. From reviews I have seen elsewhere distances and forgiveness is the same on both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several do. You will see many posts in the thread, including the one immediately preceding yours, where I again confirm the positive feelings I have for the 4/5 Tour.

Does anyone have the tour edition? Thinking of trying that one as I prefer a small clubhead. From reviews I have seen elsewhere distances and forgiveness is the same on both

The tour is really solid all around if you like a smaller head. The regular head isn’t terribly big either, but it may not appeal to you

Several do. You will see many posts in the thread, including the one immediately preceding yours, where I again confirm the positive feelings I have for the 4/5 Tour.

I read yours , just seeing if it was the consensus. Looking at the 4/5 actually too

I read yours , just seeing if it was the consensus. Looking at the 4/5 actually too

I don’t think the Tour head is quite as forgiving as the standard head, but it isn’t meant to be. It is lower launching, for sure. I still think I prefer the standard head in a 3 wood, but the versatility of the smaller head in a 5 wood.

I haven't had the opportunity to hit the 5w much but the 3w is almost point and shoot. I think the head size is great, sound/feel is great as well. Paired with the Tensei blue its pretty fantastic, only thing I've been noticing is it does tend to get the ball spinning up quite a bit at times, more than I would like for sure. There was one shot yesterday where it was really noticeable in the ball flight, there was a slight wind in the face so that probably had something to do with it but maybe a lower spinning shaft or ball might help with that. I'm thinking possibly my next setup will include a 4w instead of a 3-5 and give me some more options down the bag.

Am I crazy, or does this fairway wood have the most persimmon feeling crack ever in a fairway wood? I have to say, I ordered one without hitting it first and after testing my new build I have to say the sound/feel was the most shocking and pleasant surprise.

Am I crazy, or does this fairway wood have the most persimmon feeling crack ever in a fairway wood? I have to say, I ordered one without hitting it first and after testing my new build I have to say the sound/feel was the most shocking and pleasant surprise.
When you find the center the feel and sound are addicting. That did stand out with these F9 fairways. My 7 wood is one of the most enjoyable clubs to hit in my bag.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Changed my bag setup around now that I have the 4i.

Took the 3W out of the bag and am just playing the 5W -

Averaged 210 off the tee today with the 219 being the longest and the other two shots not quite well struck - no tee shot was less than 200 yards either.

Had a couple shots off the deck with the best being pin high on a par 5 and that uphill shot came in at 222 yards on Cobra Connect

The versatility of the fairway is my favorite asset

fupresti;n8632670 said:

The sound is without compare when nutted, that's for sure. It's fantastic and resonates 'well struck' to my ears.

Love it. Continues to be one of the strengths of my bag.

Such a great sound when well struck. The ball flight is also nice too.

The 3-4 is back in the bag. Was happy with the results on the range.

The 7w is probably my favorite club in the bag right now. Considering upgrading my tour-length F8 driver to F9 next season just because I like the F9 7w so much (and can't seem to dial in the F8 driver, but that's another story).

I had a really nice shot with my F9 Tour 4/5 wood this afternoon. I was just off the fairway with my drive. The ball was down a little in the rough. That smaller head with the rails is magic in such conditions. I was left with a little pitch that gave me a birdie putt. This club gaps really nicely with my F9 4 iron. The two together give me some really good options on second shots on par 5s. The 4 iron is more precise, but the 4/5 will dig me out of unfavorable lies much better than the 4 iron. It’s a great combo for me. CD9107E3-B866-4834-A2AB-7CBA8640907A.jpeg

I might be putting mine up in the marketplace. I absolutely love the F9 3w, but I'm way comfortable with my old fairway woods, and reluctant to take them out of the bag. Tough decision.

kevin81002;n8880568 said:
I might be putting mine up in the marketplace. I absolutely love the F9 3w, but I'm way comfortable with my old fairway woods, and reluctant to take them out of the bag. Tough decision.

What do you have? What shafts?

Tenputt;n8880619 said:
What do you have? What shafts?

F9 Yellow 14.5 with a GD Tour AD BB 7X shaft installed. Plays at 43" and the swingweight is D3. It's a monster 3w. But like I said, for some reason my good ol Titleist 915F 3w and 5w just perform too well to boot out of the bag. I was fit for those a while back with the Matrix Red Tie X flex shafts tipped 1.5".

For the Cobra, I bought it with a HZRDUS Black 75 6.5 shaft. But the shaft had been cut down quite a bit. I still have that shaft... might make someone a nice 5w shaft.

kevin81002;n8880627 said:
F9 Yellow 14.5 with a GD Tour AD BB 7X shaft installed. Plays at 43" and the swingweight is D3. It's a monster 3w. But like I said, for some reason my good ol Titleist 915F 3w and 5w just perform too well to boot out of the bag. I was fit for those a while back with the Matrix Red Tie X flex shafts tipped 1.5".

For the Cobra, I bought it with a HZRDUS Black 75 6.5 shaft. But the shaft had been cut down quite a bit. I still have that shaft... might make someone a nice 5w shaft.

Those are big boy shafts.

Tenputt;n8880680 said:
Those are big boy shafts.

I could go either way but I feel I have more control with x flex shafts. Mid-high 150's ball speed with a 3w.

Screenshot_20190819-211643.jpg
This was from over the weekend. After a decent drive I had a chance to go for the green in 2 which is not something I previously would consider. I have so much confidence in these though I had to give it a shot and I came up in my swing and caught this off the bottom groove yet it still did alright. If I had stayed down and trusted it I have no doubt this had a chance to be good on the line I hit it. These do sound ridiculously good, especially when you find the center.

The sound off these are so addicting. The tour has this muted crack that just screams power. With the strong flight this thing is a lot fun.

The standard 3 wood gets up in the air quickly. The shape is fairly traditional compared to a lot of other fairways on the market. Again, I'm right now liking the decision to put this back in the bag over the thriver. This thing can hit some towering shots.

This fairway rocks.

Last 10 rounds. About five rounds ago I adjusted the loft down from 20* to 17* and it's a BEAST off the tee (when I don't snap hook it).

Seeing the shots go 250+ is unreal - but it's really cool - distance is not an issue with it, for me this year it's more dispersion, but that is a swing flaw, I'm working through. The crazy thing is I hit this better off the turf than the tee in terms of true contact.

I need to get better about my GIRs but, I'll take what I can get. Just having the confidence and knowing that there is an opportunity to get on the green when I'm around 230 definitely is a game changer for me where I've been in the past.

I've had some issues with the the PX Smoke shaft, but the PX HZRDUS Red is absolutely fantastic in both the 5W and also the 3W.

Attachments

• photo36772.gif
    photo36772.gif
    56 KB · Views: 2
  • photo36773.gif
    photo36773.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 2
Got a few swings on my 3 15* this past weekend. I am comparing it to my Tour Edge CBX 119 15*. Looks wise compared to my CBX and at first it seems the face is "smaller" because of the milled face but really its not. The top side of the F9 is half matte half gloss compared to the CBX which is full gloss. I think they both look sharp. It seems the F9 is more "flatter" with sharper lines and the CBX is more "rounded" if that makes sense. From the swings I had with the F9 over the weekend it did seem like the F9 spun more than my CBX. But I will need more swings on it to know. Overall positive feedback so far.

file-133.jpg

2BFAST;n8897689 said:
Got a few swings on my 3 15* this past weekend. I am comparing it to my Tour Edge CBX 119 15*. Looks wise compared to my CBX and at first it seems the face is "smaller" because of the milled face but really its not. The top side of the F9 is half matte half gloss compared to the CBX which is full gloss. I think they both look sharp. It seems the F9 is more "flatter" with sharper lines and the CBX is more "rounded" if that makes sense. From the swings I had with the F9 over the weekend it did seem like the F9 spun more than my CBX. But I will need more swings on it to know. Overall positive feedback so far.

So you bought the Avalanche f9? The white one.

Hit an absolute bomb yesterday with the 3w from the rough after losing a ball off the tee. 260 out on a par 5, flew the green. Such a good fairway, I really like the F9 so much better than the F8 last year.

Back