Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

I think you will like it a lot. I have not hit a better feeling driver for a long time, if ever.

Swinging in the stores, if feels light so I ordered a 6 gram & a 10 g weight.
I might ordered DTL a Tensei Orange or a PX Smoke Yellow.

It's something to tinker with.

I love the sound of my OG Epic, but this driver sounds/feels like nothing else. It's awesome.

Did not have a driver swing this past weekend, as my buddy Jdax says I stayed right of Ronald Reagan all round long, except one glorious drive that left me yearning for more.

Hit one on the screws that put me into a position I’ve never been on that particular hole in the 10 or so times I’ve played the course.

I’m looking forward to the driver swing coming back around to see what this can do... more to come!!

Yeah, the camo head is pretty sick.

Second round under my belt and this continues to shine. Driving average up 20 yards so far and it’s been around 12 degrees outside. I’m loving the sound and feel from this driver. Best purchase this year.

Driver swing was hit and miss today. A few really good ones and some pretty poor ones. I moved the weight forward during the round since I wasn’t really keeping score today or planning on posting. I still like the sound/feel with the weight in the back better but hit one of the best tee shots I’ve ever hit today with it forward. More testing is required, I really want to get this dialed in and just leave it alone.

Driver swing was hit and miss today. A few really good ones and some pretty poor ones. I moved the weight forward during the round since I wasn’t really keeping score today or planning on posting. I still like the sound/feel with the weight in the back better but hit one of the best tee shots I’ve ever hit today with it forward. More testing is required, I really want to get this dialed in and just leave it alone.

Glad the permafrost has gone and you were able to get out and play. You’ll be dialed in soon man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the new masters camo F9 driver out today and everyone loved the color scheme. Even though I chose standard shipping Cobra decided to overnight it so that I would have it for masters weekend. That was a nice surprise!! I was hitting it with the green evenflow blue shaft in it and hit some decent drives but the helium launches a little easier for me. Two of my good friends now have F9 drivers after hitting mine and both are #TeamYellow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I took the new masters camo F9 driver out today and everyone loved the color scheme. Even though I chose standard shipping Cobra decided to overnight it so that I would have it for masters weekend. That was a nice surprise!! I was hitting it with the green evenflow blue shaft in it and hit some decent drives but the helium launches a little easier for me. Two of my good friends now have F9 drivers after hitting mine and both are #TeamYellow.

Nice pickup!

#TeamYellow

Having some neck back issues, but this club was still great at getting me off the tee.

I'm still able to work it both ways. Still seeing pretty solid distance, around 220 even without the ability to fully turn and get after the swing. Balls were all in play and gave me decent second shots after that.

Very happy with the control that I'm seeing with this driver.

The sound for me is definitely better with the weight back, and my average drive is better with it back too (a bit more draw-bias/foregiveness for me). But with the weight forward I had the same result as you, my best drive by far with the club, but the other drives with it forward have been all over the place haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is so solid of Cobra to deliver them for Masters weekend. And awesome that two of your crew switched - well done Cobra!

I really want to spotlight a relatively low posting THP member who is a regular playing partner with me.

We got him fit into F9 at Club Champion earlier in the year (no other heads were even close for him in terms of accuracy) and with a handcrafted even flow blue installed, he's been hitting it insanely well recently. During our round yesterday, he had one garbage swing drive that fanned out to the right, and every single other drive he was was on a rope, slight draw, with a bounce. It's great to see, as he and I constantly talk out there about contact and quality in our shots (he loves it).. Most of the time he's just living through every swing and loving it.

As far as drivers go for this year, I think F9 is a must try for pretty much anyone, and while I hate doing head to heads, I think it's in the conversation as the best sounding head available right now. Outstanding.

Without me reading this whole thread, can someone say how this new cobra bulge and roll works compared to other drivers.

Without me reading this whole thread, can someone say how this new cobra bulge and roll works compared to other drivers.

I could be wrong but I think they used the CNC milling on the face to "act" more like bulge and roll so the face can look more square. To my eye at address, I feel the Cobra F9 and the Titleist TS series look more square than anything else out there right now. I played an M3 almost all last season and one of the reasons I ditched it (not performance related at all, it really gave me decent numbers) was the twist face. The extra curve at the toe didn't appeal to me at all.

When I look down at the F9, it looks like I could hit it anywhere on the face and it would start off on the right line. Results have pretty much backed this up. I've got a 6g weight that shows today and another tee time booked for a 73 deg Colorado Saturday and I can't wait.

I could be wrong but I think they used the CNC milling on the face to "act" more like bulge and roll so the face can look more square. To my eye at address, I feel the Cobra F9 and the Titleist TS series look more square than anything else out there right now. I played an M3 almost all last season and one of the reasons I ditched it (not performance related at all, it really gave me decent numbers) was the twist face. The extra curve at the toe didn't appeal to me at all.

When I look down at the F9, it looks like I could hit it anywhere on the face and it would start off on the right line. Results have pretty much backed this up. I've got a 6g weight that shows today and another tee time booked for a 73 deg Colorado Saturday and I can't wait.

To make it easier think of it this way. CNC Milling is used for precision.
It is separate from their bulge and roll changes that they made to their drivers a number of years ago.

overall how are people finding the flight between 9 vs. 10.5. What i am asking some drivers have a tendency one way or the other, they either fly true to stated loft, or some seem to be "higher" launching.

overall how are people finding the flight between 9 vs. 10.5. What i am asking some drivers have a tendency one way or the other, they either fly true to stated loft, or some seem to be "higher" launching.
I have a 9* and play in the STD loft setting and weight forward.

I feel like this flies how I would expect.

I have a negative AoA and have found it launch where I want it without any tinkering.

Another round in the books (3) and another PB. 270 into a slight breeze. Playing with 3 retired guys today and they wanted to see this driver after a few of my shots. . I love this driver.

57f57881d2b466c43c07ff244807484d.jpg

I have a 9* head (two actually haha) and I play it at +1 on both. I am still experimenting with the weight but I do think it launches plenty enough at that setting.

I was actually fit into the 10.5 head with weight forward but went to the 9* to be able to play the weight in the back as that is my preferred location for sound/feel. I was worried with the weight back on the 10.5 I’d be seeing too much spin

I have the 10.5 head.

I’ve played multiple rounds with the driver at 9.5* 10.5* and 11.5*

Weight is forward. With the 9.5 and 10.5 lofts I found myself teeing it higher to achieve (visual) preferred launch and height characteristics

I also felt I was losing more shots right

At the 11.5 setup flight is straighter, I tee it a bit lower but flight/launch/height is achieved and my perceived carry is better

To note I’m playing Tour Length 18g (forward) and 6g weights

For those that have hit both, please give me pros and Cons. I’m torn on ordering this seasons club to play.

I’m stuck between F9 and Epic Flash SZ. The Cobra wasn’t even a plan until I hit an F8+ with a wildly inappropriate shaft. Trying to settle on the club to play this season if I don’t end up with the trusty and rusty R15 430.

Read so many good things about the Epic Flash SZ that I can’t imagine it won’t be great. Recently won an F8+ that is stupid forgiving and low enough spin to be playable. Even with a lighter stock S flex.

I know the EFSZ will spin low enough that I can play it. I’m worried about the F9. If there was an F9+, this wouldn’t even be a question. I’ve endlessly researched both and honestly I’m close to just saying “screw it” and getting another F8+ with an appropriate for me shaft since I gave the other to my middle son for his bday. The F8+ was more forgiving than anything I’ve played. We had some stupid bad early season strikes that still went straight enough and long enough to be considered good strikes.

I’ve hit the Epic Flash. Super forgiving but spun off the planet with my swing speed (and the stock S flex shaft available to hit at my only new club sampling place). An appropriate shaft and the SZ model should fix this. The F8+ with another inappropriate shaft was WAY closer to meeting my needs.

I know the F8+ with an appropriate shaft will do me good. Can a high SS player keep the F9 playable with an appropriate shaft? Should I look Flash SZ with an appropriate shaft? Or should I just go F8+ with an appropriate shaft and spend half as much?

I want the most performance. If they’re all within 2-3 yards any way you look at it, I’ll go F8+. If the F9 can’t take spin, I want no part of it. I can’t hit any of them prior to buying, other then I’ve hit the F8+ with an inappropriate shaft and was very impressed, albeit with way too high of launch but that’s hitting a shaft that isn’t heavy enough nor stout enough for me.

Help!?:)

Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

For those that have hit both, please give me pros and Cons. I’m torn on ordering this seasons club to play.

I’m stuck between F9 and Epic Flash SZ. The Cobra wasn’t even a plan until I hit an F8+ with a wildly inappropriate shaft. Trying to settle on the club to play this season if I don’t end up with the trusty and rusty R15 430.

Read so many good things about the Epic Flash SZ that I can’t imagine it won’t be great. Recently won an F8+ that is stupid forgiving and low enough spin to be playable. Even with a lighter stock S flex.

I know the EFSZ will spin low enough that I can play it. I’m worried about the F9. If there was an F9+, this wouldn’t even be a question. I’ve endlessly researched both and honestly I’m close to just saying “screw it” and getting another F8+ with an appropriate for me shaft since I gave the other to my middle son for his bday. The F8+ was more forgiving than anything I’ve played. We had some stupid bad early season strikes that still went straight enough and long enough to be considered good strikes.

I’ve hit the Epic Flash. Super forgiving but spun off the planet with my swing speed (and the stock S flex shaft available to hit at my only new club sampling place). An appropriate shaft and the SZ model should fix this. The F8+ with another inappropriate shaft was WAY closer to meeting my needs.

I know the F8+ with an appropriate shaft will do me good. Can a high SS player keep the F9 playable with an appropriate shaft? Should I look Flash SZ with an appropriate shaft? Or should I just go F8+ with an appropriate shaft and spend half as much?

I want the most performance. If they’re all within 2-3 yards any way you look at it, I’ll go F8+. If the F9 can’t take spin, I want no part of it. I can’t hit any of them prior to buying, other then I’ve hit the F8+ with an inappropriate shaft and was very impressed, albeit with way too high of launch but that’s hitting a shaft that isn’t heavy enough nor stout enough for me.

Help!?:)

There are probably dozens of people better suited to answer this question with greater detail and accuracy, but I understand the 9* head to be the general equivalent to the “+” option from years past. I played the 7+, 8+, and now have the 9* head and consider the 9* to be the proper fit for me.

Back