Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

I finally got the head to turn over again which is pretty huge.
Saw some big drives out there today, setting up for good looks at the longer par 4s with zero bounce (thanks, rain).

Most of my shots are back on the button again which makes me very happy. I have a pretty high expectation of myself to get near the center position and one of my favourite things about the F9 driver is how obvious the contact is if you keep the face clean.

3665f65192e15fa9f0edae62c5c80a20.jpg

one of my favourite things about the F9 driver is how obvious the contact is if you keep the face clean.

This - all the way. I clean it off every swing and try to use the feed back on my next swing.

Had a legit nightmare last night that I left this driver at the range and when I came back it was gone.

Had a legit nightmare last night that I left this driver at the range and when I came back it was gone.

That would definitely be a nightmare! I'm hoping to finally get back out on the course tonight after work and get some swings in.

Whoa, that’s a really weird nightmare.

I had a dream someone left it at the range and I grabbed it

Kind of an odd question regarding the F9 Driver as I have only seen one and yet to hit.

For those of you that have it, what is one thing you would want to change about it if you could? Color, sound, anything. Just curious is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of an odd question regarding the F9 Driver as I have only seen one and yet to hit.

For those of you that have it, what is one thing you would want to change about it if you could? Color, sound, anything. Just curious is all.

I would probably just have it be a little lower spin, and it’s not a big deal. It is the total package.

You know I'm not certain I could tell you something to change about it. The footprint is just about right, the sound I like (full disclosure I'm not a big sound guy so as long as it doesn't sound like metal on metal we're good) and I like the color on my avalanche. So for me there isn't anything to change here.

The only thing that comes to mind is a mcc+4 grip with Arccos as that's my favorite grip. (I believe it is under development and I will certainly order them when they are out). As far as looks, sound, and performance I don't think there is anything I would change. (then again, I did spring for the Masters camo driver as it is stunning!!)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind an all matte head. I also wouldn't mind if they lost the two ridges on the crown, but those are just cosmetic things for me.

So I watched a fitting go on for a golfer that picked up 1 mph club head speed and 4.5 mph ball speed coming from his own club (PING driver, newer, but don’t know model).

Player was a lower launch guy in general with a miss low, so was seeing speed but also spin. Pretty interesting watching them combo him together. He ended with Aldila Rogue 130 and F9 in 9 degrees lofted up.

Nothing. I think the shape is on point, the sound is one of the best out there and I love the colors...all of them. I do wish they would keep the weights the same shape though.

Nothing. I think the shape is on point, the sound is one of the best out there and I love the colors...all of them. I do wish they would keep the weights the same shape though.

I agree. It's pretty much everything I want in a driver. Sound is awesome, shape is appealing and the performance is perfect for me.

I'd want the Yellow crown on the White head as an option.

I'd want the Yellow crown on the White head as an option.
I actually asked Jose if this was possible for the fairway woods.. Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Let’s play guess the settings....

36d4751cb179b964717bd81e2d1f7736.jpg

First day out with the F9 #TeamYellow Speedback on Saturday morning for a quick 9 holes. First swing since mid October last year was the straightest and most addictive drive I've hit in years. Piped right down the middle. I put the Helium shaft in this thing and I sometimes wonder if that may be a tad too light, but I'm going to do some experimenting with a few other shafts throughout the year.

Rest of holes I had a few leak right on me, but nothing as severe as I'm used to. This is a really forgiving and lightweight club that I think I'm going to have a ton of fun with it. It really is the total package. It looks amazing at address. It feels amazing on impact and it just flat out performs.

Let’s play guess the settings....

36d4751cb179b964717bd81e2d1f7736.jpg

10.5 head in standard position with heavy weight forward?

Whatever it is it’s pretty good especially when there is room for launch to go up haha

What was your guess? I don’t see the answer?

I couldn't wait for an answer and didn't want to ruin the fun haha but let's just say, I was within .5°

I couldn't wait for an answer and didn't want to ruin the fun haha but let's just say, I was within .5°

Gotcha. My thought was James typically lofts up but spin was down. I don’t think he has a 9* head either. Hmmm maybe shaft could account for lower spin but the weight definitely has to be forward...I think.

@Jman - 10.5 head, set at 10.5. Heavier weight forward.

Back