Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Kind of an odd question regarding the F9 Driver as I have only seen one and yet to hit.

For those of you that have it, what is one thing you would want to change about it if you could? Color, sound, anything. Just curious is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's kinda hard to think of anything I would change about the head.

Probably the only things I would change would be the slight.

1. Reduce the slight fade bias of the 9* head
2. Deeper face, but that would affect the aero
3. Have the cnc milled face blend more into the crown and body.
4. Lower spin. I could do this via hotmelt and changing my weight setup. But I'm not sure what my currents numbers are with this.

Really I'm super happy with this club and really like the performance I'm seeing to the point I have 2 drivers in the bag.

Lmao, long time listener, first time caller...

ACCRA TZ6 65 M5(X), playing 44.75”
So with the Accra tz6 at 44.75 and the 18g weight... D4?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kind of an odd question regarding the F9 Driver as I have only seen one and yet to hit.

For those of you that have it, what is one thing you would want to change about it if you could? Color, sound, anything. Just curious is all.

I'm still not a big fan of the yellow. It makes a ton of sense for them, and it's very visible, but it's not my preference at all.

Outside of that, maybe a bit of extra weight in the heel? Tendency is a small fade and for my brain, I'm just not used to seeing it.

I love the sub 45 length decision. LOVE it.

Yup, been my wheelhouse for a while now.

Just comfortable, and that means more confident which I love.

matte crown with yellow colorway. that’s it. everything else about the driver is bang on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would make more stock colors available for people that don't like the yellow. LMAO!

I really like this driver. Cobra really did a great job with this one.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Not much. No club is perfect, the F9 is really fun to hit, better dispersion and distance than any other driver I've hit. Aiming at and hot small targets on the range and course.

I have a grey Helium shaft. This club might be cool looking in a yellow shaft.

New weights arrived today which should allow me to go to tour length.

7a670e4c047cf38b1161447ceb6dcc53.jpg

13e493d8e03da15bc4ac5fef9076bccf.jpg

9 degrees today.

163, 2376, 11.1 was the best shot today.

Not even at a decent temp still (60’s) so I’m now thinking about what a grooves swing at summer temps might do....

All the sudden, incoming SZ got a hurdle to overcome.

9 degrees today.

163, 2376, 11.1 was the best shot today.

Not even at a decent temp still (60’s) so I’m now thinking about what a grooves swing at summer temps might do....

All the sudden, incoming SZ got a hurdle to overcome.

Rooting hard for the F9

i might need to put rosa in timeout. it’s fun, but i’m missing too wildly right now. the max is going back in the bag.

i might need to put rosa in timeout. it’s fun, but i’m missing too wildly right now. the max is going back in the bag.

#BringRosaBack

Back to the range tonight because the last few driver swings last round were garbage. When I stop trying to Hulk smash the ball is when I get everything I’m asking for. Hulk smash goes right of right...but nice and easy goes straight and far, not Jman/Canadan far but far enough for me haha.

Purely anecdotal, but on Sunday I played the first 9 holes of the year. I finally pulled Driver on the the 8th hole. It's a short straight 290 yard par 4, with enough room to go for it. 1st swing with F9 on course was a high toe miss that resulted in perfect draw towards the pin. I mean the trajectory was all I could have asked for. Carry was about 270 (wet FW's were plugging all day), just a chip shot off the front edge. Smokin impressive, so much so that I'm still enjoying the good feels from that shot. Let's hope the confidence snowballs.

Outside of that, maybe a bit of extra weight in the heel? Tendency is a small fade and for my brain, I'm just not used to seeing it.

This would be my only adjustment as well. With the 9 degree head being fade bias and my natural swing resulting in a fade/slice, some extra heel weight would help battle that.

I’m still battling a bit with this driver and trying to figure out what settings work best for me. I was able to sneak out of work late today and play 18, and I used driver on every Par 4/5 to get some work in with the F9 driver. I was a bit hit or miss with it, but most of the blame is early spring swing-related issues and not equipment-related. However, two drives did stand out for me when I was able to turn on the ball and put a solid swing on it. In soft and wet conditions (practically no roll on fairways), I hit a 283 yard drive on the par 5 11th hole leaving ~200 yards for a shot at the green in two (which I then went on to chunk a 5-iron to blow that opportunity haha).

994bbc055b2373881701299872e222ab.jpg

The other standout drive was on the par 5 18th hole, where I poked one out there 262 yards into a slight breeze and uphill shot, putting me in prime position to attack the hole for a birdie opportunity (lipped out the 12 foot putt for birdie).

315424592eb29d4d5bb8229db517d160.jpg

Even though my dispersion isn’t quite there yet with the F9 driver, the good shots I do get in with it have me excited to work out the kinks in my swing so that I can take full advantage of this club on each swing off the tee.

F9 was awfully straight today. Very subtle fade on a couple of the swings, fading a bit more with the wind on some others. Absolutely expected shape.

Hit an absolute bomb with it on two occasions, setting up some shorter looks on par 5s which I love!

Was nice on the GC2 yesterday to see 2300-2500 on all 10 shots.

Much better than 3000-3100.

I was beginning to think I’d lost all my distance.

I’m still battling a bit with this driver and trying to figure out what settings work best for me. I was able to sneak out of work late today and play 18, and I used driver on every Par 4/5 to get some work in with the F9 driver. I was a bit hit or miss with it, but most of the blame is early spring swing-related issues and not equipment-related. However, two drives did stand out for me when I was able to turn on the ball and put a solid swing on it. In soft and wet conditions (practically no roll on fairways), I hit a 283 yard drive on the par 5 11th hole leaving ~200 yards for a shot at the green in two (which I then went on to chunk a 5-iron to blow that opportunity haha).

994bbc055b2373881701299872e222ab.jpg

The other standout drive was on the par 5 18th hole, where I poked one out there 262 yards into a slight breeze and uphill shot, putting me in prime position to attack the hole for a birdie opportunity (lipped out the 12 foot putt for birdie).

315424592eb29d4d5bb8229db517d160.jpg

Even though my dispersion isn’t quite there yet with the F9 driver, the good shots I do get in with it have me excited to work out the kinks in my swing so that I can take full advantage of this club on each swing off the tee.

Are your photos from the arccos app? I'm building a set of Cobra CB/MB irons and will have the arccos in those shafts so I bought another one for the driver. Just wondering if that's what you are using. Thanks

Are your photos from the arccos app? I'm building a set of Cobra CB/MB irons and will have the arccos in those shafts so I bought another one for the driver. Just wondering if that's what you are using. Thanks

That is correct, these screenshots are from the Arccos app. They also have a desktop version that breaks out your stats into even more detail (OITW has posted screen shots of that platform in various Cobra F9 threads).

Back