Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

#BringRosaBack

i had a couple drives over 280 with her yesterday, but when i missed, it was 200-220 and in trouble. it might be me overswinging, but i just don't miss that badly with the max.

i had a couple drives over 280 with her yesterday, but when i missed, it was 200-220 and in trouble. it might be me overswinging, but i just don't miss that badly with the max.
Chris, any chance some of this would be resolved by getting fit into a shaft that matches your swing better?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About 8 balls. Now that I have my swing back in order after a quick lesson

ae42a1306ffceab33ac1e5cb53a89d4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got a chance to hit this thing at a demo day this past weekend.

They SO nailed the look of the F9. Perfect.

Was fit into the 9° head with the HZRDUS Smoke 70X (started in Stiff and he moved me to X. I promise thats never happened before), and I loved every swing I made with it. I didn't have the LTD there to compare, but the guy said the F9 is what finally got his LTD out of the bag. (of course it was, right)

It was my favorite on the day, for sure. The guy they had working was very nice, he was good to talk to. Impressive knowledge of the products even though he said he'd only been with Cobra for a couple weeks.

Look, feel/sound, and performance. What else do you want?

Chris, any chance some of this would be resolved by getting fit into a shaft that matches your swing better?

a better-fitting shaft might help, but i'm not going to chase that or spend any money to find that since i have something pretty incredible happening later this year, where i will be fit into something perfect for me.

a better-fitting shaft might help, but i'm not going to chase that or spend any money to find that since i have something pretty incredible happening later this year, where i will be fit into something perfect for me.
How long until Rosa goes up for sale? Not that I need another with the yellow and camo already but my lucky number is 3..lol

Can someone explain what happens when you loft up a 9* F9 head? I am looking in the market for a 10.5 but there are so many 9* heads out there I am contemplating grabbing a 9* and lofting it up.

Can someone explain what happens when you loft up a 9* F9 head? I am looking in the market for a 10.5 but there are so many 9* heads out there I am contemplating grabbing a 9* and lofting it up.

typically when you loft up with a driver, it shuts the face down a bit. But, Cobra has SmartPad which should eliminate some of that.

More importantly, the two heads are a bit different between 9 and 10.5. The 9 is set slightly more open, and the spin profile is a bit lower to my understanding.

typically when you loft up with a driver, it shuts the face down a bit. But, Cobra has SmartPad which should eliminate some of that.

More importantly, the two heads are a bit different between 9 and 10.5. The 9 is set slightly more open, and the spin profile is a bit lower to my understanding.

Yep, I know about the smartpad but I was wondering if it effected anything else somehow like spin.

So just to pass along my experience.

I played the 9* head and really went back and forth with it, good days and bad days, but never had a great day driving the ball consistently.

Sold the 9, got the 10.5, played it, wasn't great. Switched back to my trusty GMAX400, played well.

Yesterday decided I had to give it one more try. Switched the weights with heavy forward, played it at 10.5, and hit the living hell out of the ball.

For those not in love I do recommend moving the weights and lofts around to see if a better outcome is out there, obviously might not be a permanent thing but feeling much more positive about the driver now.

I hit some of the best drives of my life yesterday on the practice tee. Straight mid-flight bombs. Center contact feeling is sooooo addictive. I'll be chasing that high for the rest of my life.

I played the 9* head and really went back and forth with it, good days and bad days, but never had a great day driving the ball consistently.

Sold the 9, got the 10.5, played it, wasn't great. Switched back to my trusty GMAX400, played well.

Yesterday decided I had to give it one more try. Switched the weights with heavy forward, played it at 10.5, and hit the living hell out of the ball.

For those not in love I do recommend moving the weights and lofts around to see if a better outcome is out there, obviously might not be a permanent thing but feeling much more positive about the driver now.

I thought I was going to be a 10.5* head with the weight back.
Turns out, so far, the 9* head with the weight forward is the best.
I played 9 with the 9* head at 10.5 weight fwd & the drives were good, but you could see it spin up just a tad. Almost, but not quite, like a old 3 wood could.
AT 9*, weight fwd; it's mid-high flat, bullets with the Smoke shaft.

edit...

Another weight forward convert. Contemplating grabbing another F9 to give it a second try as I have some wedges to trade in and I’d like to get the max bonus. Is the open face angle and/or fade bias really obvious with the 9* head? Originally tried the 10.5 but thinking I may want to go 9 this time.

So chick this out. I received my 18/6 weights yesterday so I went to cut my shaft down from 45.5 to 44.5 and go full tour sauce like my spirit animal OITW.

Now, being that I have played the last 3 Cobra King drivers, I have amassed quite a few shafts. I have been loving the Atmos Blue TS Stuff, so I figured that I would cut down my EvenFlow Blue 65 6.5 since it’s a similar profile and wouldn’t ruin my Atmos. But I also have a EvenFlow Blue 65 in 5.5 which was the gamer in my F8+ from last year, along with a few others. When I put them all together, the EF 5.5 was about an inch shorter, and thus already a tour length shaft! Apparently, the F8+ I ordered came tour length but with stock weights.

The F8+ was my most consistent driver to date, which is no surprise now since it was shorter. The F9 9* has been longer. So, I think I am going to just throw this EF Blue 5.5, put in the new weights, and take this monster right to the range tomorrow and see what the heck happens. I’m so excited.

So chick this out. I received my 18/6 weights yesterday so I went to cut my shaft down from 45.5 to 44.5 and go full tour sauce like my spirit animal OITW.

Now, being that I have played the last 3 Cobra King drivers, I have amassed quite a few shafts. I have been loving the Atmos Blue TS Stuff, so I figured that I would cut down my EvenFlow Blue 65 6.5 since it’s a similar profile and wouldn’t ruin my Atmos. But I also have a EvenFlow Blue 65 in 5.5 which was the gamer in my F8+ from last year, along with a few others. When I put them all together, the EF 5.5 was about an inch shorter, and thus already a tour length shaft! Apparently, the F8+ I ordered came tour length but with stock weights.

The F8+ was my most consistent driver to date, which is no surprise now since it was shorter. The F9 9* has been longer. So, I think I am going to just throw this EF Blue 5.5, put in the new weights, and take this monster right to the range tomorrow and see what the heck happens. I’m so excited.

Spirit Animal LMAO

Only hit the F9 twice tonight. Hit it just okay.

One tug on the first hole (that went a long way but didn't result in a fairway).
One pull fade on the 9th just playing for the fairway and did, but not far.

Hard to make a real post worth of feedback on that kind of experience. Too busy blasting an F9 Speedback 4 iron off the tee instead lmao

Only hit the F9 twice tonight. Hit it just okay.

One tug on the first hole (that went a long way but didn't result in a fairway).
One pull fade on the 9th just playing for the fairway and did, but not far.

Hard to make a real post worth of feedback on that kind of experience. Too busy blasting an F9 Speedback 4 iron off the tee instead lmao

Worthy update I hit driver like 1-2x per 9 too and pine for open territory.

I've come to the decision that I need this driver, plus a trade in promo helped me be persuaded. Now do I choose Yellow or White, I do really like the Satin top of the white.....

I've come to the decision that I need this driver, plus a trade in promo helped me be persuaded. Now do I choose Yellow or White, I do really like the Satin top of the white.....
Go special edition camo.. You get the matte finish on top and the awesome camo on the bottom.

Just had both drivers out for a range session. 2 different setups and 2 different shafts. First the yellow with my custom shaft 18g forward/2g back. Second the Camo edition EF Blue X with 14g back/2g forward both at +1 or 10*. Last time out I tried the yellow with the 18g in the back but felt it was spinning up a bit much. Ball flight was very similar and dammit if I cant decide which I like better. As I have said all along the feel/sound is so much better with the weight in the back. The yellow looks so good paired with my blue shaft and the camo just looks awesome with the green shaft. I may just alternate these on occasion. Of course everything is always swing dependent but according to the SC200 I actually did see a few with the Camo edition in standard setup that were about 10 yds further.

Yellow hits it the farthest because it looks more like a race car. Fact.

Just had both drivers out for a range session. 2 different setups and 2 different shafts. First the yellow with my custom shaft 18g forward/2g back. Second the Camo edition EF Blue X with 14g back/2g forward both at +1 or 10*. Last time out I tried the yellow with the 18g in the back but felt it was spinning up a bit much. Ball flight was very similar and dammit if I cant decide which I like better. As I have said all along the feel/sound is so much better with the weight in the back. The yellow looks so good paired with my blue shaft and the camo just looks awesome with the green shaft. I may just alternate these on occasion. Of course everything is always swing dependent but according to the SC200 I actually did see a few with the Camo edition in standard setup that were about 10 yds further.

camo, without question.

Back