Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

camo, without question.

Yeah I hit that pretty good at Haig. I didn't have my custom shaft in the other head at any point though. It definitely keeps things under control a lot more than the helium you saw. Maybe I try my shaft in the Camo head and call it a day haha

Yeah I hit that pretty good at Haig. I didn't have my custom shaft in the other head at any point though. It definitely keeps things under control a lot more than the helium you saw. Maybe I try my shaft in the Camo head and call it a day haha
Sounds like a good plan right there. That camo head is too pretty not to show off!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Go special edition camo.. You get the matte finish on top and the awesome camo on the bottom.

No Camo offering where I can get the trade in promo. I am leaning toward Satin/White with the Helium 5F3 shaft cut to 44.5 tour length, still playing with the idea of the Even Flow Blue 65 5.5 though.

Got 11 holes in today before we stopped due to rain. On the 9 holes that I used the club, I was happy with 6 of the drives. 3 of them I pushed way left. The others were all in the fairway and I would say about 250 yards (avg) Really getting more comfortable with the club. I’m teeing it up about 1-2 cm higher than I’m used to which is helping. Not sure what any of my numbers such as spin or club head speed, but The ball has stayed pretty straight. Again, my misses have been way left. In hindsight, I’m likely aimed that way!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First round yesterday with my Avalanche F9 and Accra TZ5 combo. Really promising. In love with the piercing ball flight and addicting sound/feel. May have finally replaced my driver that has locked down by bag the last few seasons.

Played 18 this morning with the new driver set up of the 43.5” EvenFlow Blue 65 5.5 flex and the 18/6 weights with the 18 forward towards the face. I’m paying the 9* head lofted up to 9.5.

Yeah, this is my new best buddy. I was piping the ball. My playing partner who has played over 40 rounds with me since last year said it was the best I have ever driven the ball. Gone is that leaking slice that I typically fight. And I am finding the center of the face way more consistently.

I thought I was giving up some distance on the first few holes, but then on the par 5 18, I piped one 280 yards right down the middle.

The next step is to try it with the Atmos Blue TS or EF Blue, both of which are stiff, but it’s going to be very hard to get this current combo out of my hands.

i usually get 10.5 heads and loft down , but think i will start with the 9.0 on this driver

Tensei Orange 60R was a miss. Smoke felt great again today on the range and I have a Tour AD TP-6S on the way. Definitely like the head enough to find the right set up. Booked an early round on Sunday and will try the new black Cobra CB/MB combo set I just built. If those work out, bag will be all cobra except for wedges.

Yellow hits it the farthest because it looks more like a race car. Fact.

White hits it fastest because it looks more like rockets, and rockets are faster than racecars. #AlternativeFacts

White hits it fastest because it looks more like rockets, and rockets are faster than racecars. #AlternativeFacts
The camo is sneaky long.. Because things in camo are sneaky..

Played 18 this morning with the new driver set up of the 43.5” EvenFlow Blue 65 5.5 flex and the 18/6 weights with the 18 forward towards the face. I’m paying the 9* head lofted up to 9.5.

Yeah, this is my new best buddy. I was piping the ball. My playing partner who has played over 40 rounds with me since last year said it was the best I have ever driven the ball. Gone is that leaking slice that I typically fight. And I am finding the center of the face way more consistently.

I thought I was giving up some distance on the first few holes, but then on the par 5 18, I piped one 280 yards right down the middle.

The next step is to try it with the Atmos Blue TS or EF Blue, both of which are stiff, but it’s going to be very hard to get this current combo out of my hands.

Who are you?! This is amazing news! Stop tinkering when you have a winner - don’t be like me!

If you like vanilla ice cream, plain saltine crackers and hamburgers cooked medium well served without the bun, then white.....I’m sorry, Avalanche, may be for you.

But if you like parties that turn into after parties, having people want to be you, and living your best life, then Yellow would probably be your best option.

Who are you?! This is amazing news! Stop tinkering when you have a winner - don’t be like me!

I played a second 18 in the afternoon with the same results. Didn’t hit as many fairways in the second round, but was still much more accurate and the misses were always playable. The proof was in the fact that I played a single golf ball for all 18 holes! I have never done that before. It’s like I have unlocked the driver’s potential.

I played a second 18 in the afternoon with the same results. Didn’t hit as many fairways in the second round, but was still much more accurate and the misses were always playable. The proof was in the fact that I played a single golf ball for all 18 holes! I have never done that before. It’s like I have unlocked the driver’s potential.

Sign that ball and hold on to it. That a real milestone (and a rare one in my book). Dude, I’m so happy to hear all of this. You are going to steal my money if you keep the F9 in the bag

Sign that ball and hold on to it. That a real milestone (and a rare one in my book). Dude, I’m so happy to hear all of this. You are going to steal my money if you keep the F9 in the bag

Haha, I don’t think you have to worry about that. But man I wish we could get a round in together, you would be amazed at how much I have improved since the True Temper event last year. And I would love to see how you play with the new F9 equipment. I bet it’s a stripe show.

What shaft are you playing these days on your King F9?

Did anyone put the TS2/3 up against the F9 when deciding?

I hit the TS3 and TS2 a few times in the sim while getting fit for my f9.

Biggest thing I would say is different is the shaping. The TS3 is very classic looking with a clean top. The ts2 has a clean top with a slight shape change. Similar to how the z785 has a clean top with a slightly different shaping.

Performance wise, I had slightly more ballspeed with the f9 and club head speed according to trackman. The TS3 was my preferred head of the the ts models, but in terms of performance I was only able to match my g400 lst, while the f9 sounded great and had some extra ballspeed.

Honestly you cant really go wrong with any of the drivers out this year, but the f9 sounds great, has solid performance, and looks pretty cool. If you want something very classic looking, the titleist line is solid as well but you need to hit the f9. It's an amazing driver.

I hit TS2 a few times and echo M2Giles comments on shape and visual cues, and that all of the choices are really good. I too noticed ballspeed was down a couple MPH from F9 and Flash, and for whatever reason I was spinning a couple hundred more RPM on TS2 than most others. Closer to 3000 than 2500 rpm, which gave me pause. I did not try TS3.

I hit the TS3 and TS2 a few times in the sim while getting fit for my f9.

Biggest thing I would say is different is the shaping. The TS3 is very classic looking with a clean top. The ts2 has a clean top with a slight shape change. Similar to how the z785 has a clean top with a slightly different shaping.

Performance wise, I had slightly more ballspeed with the f9 and club head speed according to trackman. The TS3 was my preferred head of the the ts models, but in terms of performance I was only able to match my g400 lst, while the f9 sounded great and had some extra ballspeed.

Honestly you cant really go wrong with any of the drivers out this year, but the f9 sounds great, has solid performance, and looks pretty cool. If you want something very classic looking, the titleist line is solid as well but you need to hit the f9. It's an amazing driver.

My only apprehension with jumping in is shaft choice as I’m pretty committed to the Oban performance, the Isawa and Kiyoshi Purple give me similar performance with the Isawa significantly cheaper. I’ll have to see how a custom order would work

ONe of these would look sick plugged into a Camo or yellow head

img_2595_1.jpg

ONe of these would look sick plugged into a Camo or yellow head

img_2595_1.jpg
Agreed.. That's a great looking shaft and would pair well with either! I recently put my UST The Attas shaft in the yellow head and it is a great looking setup as well.

Knowing it was going to be cold and windy today I setup the driver at 9 degrees with the heavy weight forward. Wasn’t a total disaster but wasn’t my best outing with driver considering it’s the only club in my bag today that just wanted to go right. Still experimenting with setups but I think for me the weight needs to be in the back.

Knowing it was going to be cold and windy today I setup the driver at 9 degrees with the heavy weight forward. Wasn’t a total disaster but wasn’t my best outing with driver considering it’s the only club in my bag today that just wanted to go right. Still experimenting with setups but I think for me the weight needs to be in the back.
Definitely notice a more right to left ball flight with the 9* head with weight forward. Draw setting and adding more weight definitely help, but definitely cant draw the 9* anywhere as easily as the 12* head with weight in the back.

Definitely notice a more right to left ball flight with the 9* head with weight forward. Draw setting and adding more weight definitely help, but definitely cant draw the 9* anywhere as easily as the 12* head with weight in the back.

I think you mean left to right. I don’t think to try the draw setting but I will next time. From what I recall it doesn’t seem to make much difference but worth a shot. Once I get it figured out I’m leaving it alone... maybe haha

I think you mean left to right. I don’t think to try the draw setting but I will next time. From what I recall it doesn’t seem to make much difference but worth a shot. Once I get it figured out I’m leaving it alone... maybe haha
Yeah... guess I'm a lefty right now....

For the setting it's worth a shot.

Back