Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Very interesting picture that I saw on Twitter for one of the guys on Tour that doesn't have an equipment contract and can play what he wants:

D5qCTcaXsAAkoPo.jpg

Very interesting picture that I saw on Twitter for one of the guys on Tour that doesn't have an equipment contract and can play what he wants:

D5qCTcaXsAAkoPo.jpg

Played out of his mind today

10.5 degree head set to minus 1 degree
Shaft is 60 grams XS

Very cool

Shaft is 60 grams XS

That's pretty telling, eh?

Shaft is 60 grams XS

If he keeps this up, he will be sponsored soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jman, what's the lowest spinning cobra head? Would you have to go all the way back to the bio cell+?

Jman, what's the lowest spinning cobra head? Would you have to go all the way back to the bio cell+?

Honestly, I’d say Fly-Z+

Surprised you didnt say king Ltd pro.

Surprised you didnt say king Ltd pro.

Fly-Z+ had other companies on notice trying to figure it out, yet, stayed under the radar.

Fly-Z+ had other companies on notice trying to figure it out, yet, stayed under the radar.
True. Fly Z+ definitely was hotter off the face than its competitors.

I am glad you asked, with me having played the F7+, F8+ and now F9 9* over the last year and change. The F7+ maintained what I would consider to be a more traditional face design and had a three weight system which, in theory, should have made the head available for a higher degree of fine-tuning, but I think in practice was overkill, since most people I know just moved the heavy weight between the back and front positions, and left the side at the 2g setting. With the F8 line came the CNC milled face for more thickness consistency and a longer potential, as well as some aerodynamic improvements in both overall shape and crown areo flow, creating a faster driver speed and increased ball carry. I hit my F8+ about 8-10 yards farther on well struck balls. The F8 used a back to side 2 spot weight system, while the F8+ used a front to back two position system.

The F9 has taken the CNC Face and added significant areo advantages, a lower center of gravity, and a more complete carbon crown wrap, all with an eye of increasing club speed and adding forgiveness. The F9 head is notably shaped with more of a "teardrop" profile. The forgiveness on off-center ball strikes is the best of the bunch, and the distance if farther. While I have experienced a 5-8 yard increase on distance, I have seen a significant decrease of offline shot dispersion. The F9 is light years ahead of the F7, and to me, ahead of the F8 in terms of aerodynamic features and forgiveness.

The forgiveness is what I’ve noticed also I’ve been suffering from a heel strike and some other drivers I’ve played in the past wouldn’t be a gentle fade they would be me in the woods. I’ve enjoyed it I’ve hit some long drives with the F9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Criminally under the radar. It stayed under my radar because I wasn’t all that open minded on brands back then.

May have found my unlock - need to play with tee height for perfect setup(Evolve Tees should help)

11.5* Weight back

Hit some

May have found my unlock - need to play with tee height for perfect setup(Evolve Tees should help)

11.5* Weight back

Hit some
Found mine today too. 9.5*D weight forward. Longest drives of my life today.

Found mine today too. 9.5*D weight forward. Longest drives of my life today.
Any noticeable change in sound with yours with the weight forward??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Any noticeable change in sound with yours with the weight forward??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I had the weight forward to begin with, but I de-lofted it one degree and used the draw setting instead of standard.

Mine arrived this week but I've only been able to get out to the driving range yesterday to compare with my Great Big Bertha. First shot was straight as an arrow and in the fence. As was the second, the third, and the fourth, and... Can't wait to get this out to the course and see how it fares under actual use conditions.

Played 18 this morning with the F9 and Tour AD TP-6s. Hit 12 of 14 fairways as every non-par-3 hole is a driver hole on this course. With the gain in accuracy, I'm losing distance unfortunately. I timed my round with an appointment at a TaylorMade demo day and literally walked off 18 to my fitting. I've played the M2 and M3 in the past and after swinging the M5 I realized I play TM drivers better than any other brand unfortunately. Hit about 25 balls with the M5 10.5 in a 70g HZRDUS Smoke. Probably 18-20 were right on the button and about 20 yards further than the same strike on my F9. Better dispersion too.

I like the look and sound of the F9 better than M5 but I can't afford to leave that many yards on the table if it means hitting 7-8 irons in to greens instead of 5-6 irons. M5 is on order and I will probably be posting the F9 unfortunately. If any one is looking for an F9 with a few shaft options, reach out over PM. I've never set up a classified on here. Perfect feedback on eBay for over 20 years and have perfect feedback on another message board wrx

Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

I had a great day with the F9 today. I was playing a mountain course in NH across the street from a ski area that still has snow on it, so needless to say the whole course was very soggy with our wet weather and late winter, and every tee ball was plugging in the fairway. I might have gotten 3 yards of cumulative roll all day. I went 6/9 FIR on an challenging new to me course, and the other three were great misses. Two were a couple feet into the preferred side of the rough, and the third carried a fairway bunker on a perfect line, and was just a couple yards short of running through the rough to the fairway on the far side. Didn't miss one bad all day and literally every ball was a joy - great trajectory and great carry numbers on sodden fairways.

Might have finally found a combo for me...at least at the range. F9 Camo head with my custom THCE shaft. Standard setting 9* with heavy weight back. According to the SC200 I was seeing about 4-5 more mph swing speed with this combo than with the yellow head. My shaft is 1/2" shorter playing at 45" and the Camo driver has the stock 14g weight. My yellow head has an 18g weight. I'm guessing that's because of swing weight? Obviously on course is the real test but was seeing much better ball flight with this combination. Looks pretty awesome too.

8dd2654eb0f15944b63410584b74a20d.jpg

That top line is soooo damn good looking.

To follow up on my post from Saturday - hit the best shot (cleanest most center contact ever with this driver)

c601ee0b26a5b22c4a9bbe240a35f4d5.jpg

To here:

f912e8d7a99b1ab611ed13ed4c94509f.jpg

Audibly the sound was amazing - the feel was a pure shot/ but definitely reinforced audibly and I’m not the biggest sound = feel guy even though it is.

Pretty happy with the distance considering it was 40* out too

To follow up on my post from Saturday - hit the best shot (cleanest most center contact ever with this driver)

c601ee0b26a5b22c4a9bbe240a35f4d5.jpg

To here:

f912e8d7a99b1ab611ed13ed4c94509f.jpg

Audibly the sound was amazing - the feel was a pure shot/ but definitely reinforced audibly and I’m not the biggest sound = feel guy even though it is.

Pretty happy with the distance considering it was 40* out too

nice Brookline ball!

Back