Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

I decided to take some video of my swing on 18 to capture the line I was going after, the sound of the head, and the result.

Here's where it actually stopped, 41 yards from the point i was trying to cross. We lasered the guy behind us on the tee at 296 yards. No clue how much bounce I ended up getting but AMart didn't seem to think it was much. That's big yardage for me in layers in February.

1e512b004e596ec21ff70f71964e32f8.png
Nice smooth swing. Driver sounds great too! Nice poke.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

haha thanks dude. Andy stepped up after me and goes "Alright, I'm taking a slightly different route" hahahaha!

What a fella. I told him to start THPing more.

I’m so excited he’s still in for The Gathering I can’t stand it.

I’m disappointed that your fitting didn’t work out. I’m going in tomorrow with hopes but realistic expectations. As a 14 HCP, my driver is a little erratic and I’m hoping to get 250 total yds average by the end of the season. I’m currently around 230 but trending up.

i find myself questioning the fitting if i’m being honest. here’s why.

i was hitting really good drives with my gamer. my path was ott, but the results were still really good.

but in 3 other drivers including the f9, and a handful of shafts, we couldn’t even come close to replicating any useable results unless i was hoping to drop a g for a short, spinny 60y slice.

i would think a good fitter can figure out why my gamer is working, and give me an option that can work as well. but he didn’t.

my point? it’s not like the f9 didn’t work, and was beat by other oems. nothing worked. so i’m not giving up on it, and in fact made a bids on a couple units for sale on ebay. so i’m still very much interested in bagging this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shot in the dark here but since they offer it as a no charge shaft, has anybody had any experience with the Helium 4F3 with the F9 Speedback? I have the 5F3 that I got to test here in my Rogue but I'm thinking about going a bit lighter to help my swing since I'm around 88 with my Rogue. I know the Helium is a quality shaft and if it is close to being as stable as the 5F3 while being @10g lighter I might be sold.

G...g...g...g...gaaaaa...gaaaaammm...gaaaaaammeeee...............

I’m close.

Have a little throw down tomorrow first.
Looking forward to hearing the results. Been following a couple threads you have going and it's been quite interesting. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Man I want to get somewhere to try out a King F9! The testimonials so far are eye opening.

The review/fitting of Matt on TxG...... holy cow. Granted with my speed/swing I will get nowhere close, but a guy can dream right?

Cobra has to be ecstatic with all of the F9 wins in such a minimal amount of tournaments. Big 3 have definitely delivered...

I'm dying to hit this thing outside. Anyone want to pay for my plane ticket to get away from this snow? I'll pay for food.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I decided to take some video of my swing on 18 to capture the line I was going after, the sound of the head, and the result.

Here's where it actually stopped, 41 yards from the point i was trying to cross. We lasered the guy behind us on the tee at 296 yards. No clue how much bounce I ended up getting but AMart didn't seem to think it was much. That's big yardage for me in layers in February.

1e512b004e596ec21ff70f71964e32f8.png

Sensei, teach me the way of the silky smooth swing! That was absolutely SMOKED!!!

More golf today with some monitor time next to the PXG, best ball speed wins the bag.

But I hammered the happy horse shite out of this one yesterday. TPT has me WAY more comfortable, and lower spin, than the Helium.

Between the reviews on here and all the youtube praises ive seen on the F9, I was disappointed in my results. Just goes to show how different things work for different people.

After trying 7 shafts, including my current gamer shaft, I did not get this spin under 2800 with a 9* head and 14g weight in the front. Even lowered the face to 8* and on perfectly centered strikes going dead straight I was seeing spin of 3000. Launch was ideal for me, ball speed was just ok, but the high spin blew my mind. Everything else I tested Saturday was avg 2300 - 2400 backspin.

Not criticizing the club by any means, just goes to show the importance of fitting. This is a very light head compared to my liking and did not work for me at all

Between the reviews on here and all the youtube praises ive seen on the F9, I was disappointed in my results. Just goes to show how different things work for different people.

After trying 7 shafts, including my current gamer shaft, I did not get this spin under 2800 with a 9* head and 14g weight in the front. Even lowered the face to 8* and on perfectly centered strikes going dead straight I was seeing spin of 3000. Launch was ideal for me, ball speed was just ok, but the high spin blew my mind. Everything else I tested Saturday was avg 2300 - 2400 backspin.

Not criticizing the club by any means, just goes to show the importance of fitting. This is a very light head compared to my liking and did not work for me at all

You need some beefier weights in there!

Def made a difference for me spin wise.

The sound of that contact was INCREDIBLE. Does it translate to mere mortals too or is it noticeably different?

The sound of that contact was INCREDIBLE. Does it translate to mere mortals too or is it noticeably different?

It translates.

Best sounding driver out there imo.

It translates.

Best sounding driver out there imo.

Excited. Very excited.

Just put it in the bag, J. You know you want to.

Excited. Very excited.

Just put it in the bag, J. You know you want to.

We shall see.

XF is more forgiving for me so far, but I wanna see ball speeds today.

We shall see.

XF is more forgiving for me so far, but I wanna see ball speeds today.

Ball speed is what I’m most excited about with the F9. I’ve been tracking them with my current drivers and I’m hoping for a small bump based on the buzz.

More golf today with some monitor time next to the PXG, best ball speed wins the bag.

But I hammered the happy horse shite out of this one yesterday. TPT has me WAY more comfortable, and lower spin, than the Helium.
Very curious as have the PXG 0811 LX 9° in the bag and F9 on the way.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

thank you for sharing your results.

i may be totally off-base here, but some of a trend i seem to be seeing is moderate to higher speed players who need help with launch, and could use mid spin to stabilize flight seem to be loving this driver. people who already launch the ball high and with plenty of spin aren't seeing this as the holy grail.

again, i may be totally wrong.

i may be totally off-base here, but some of a trend i seem to be seeing is moderate to higher speed players who need help with launch, and could use mid spin to stabilize flight seem to be loving this driver. people who already launch the ball high and with plenty of spin aren't seeing this as the holy grail.

Dan is pretty high launch high spin and is hammering the horse doody out of it.

I think it’s more a swing thing, which always varies for everyone head to head.

It's so weird how the way someone swings can make this great for some and terrible for others. I have a buddy who swings around the same speed as I do with similar ball speed. We both launch it high and spin it high. I absolutely love this driver and it brings my spin down but he spins it up at 3500 and hates this thing. Usually we tend to like similar shaft and head combos but not with this F9.

Back