Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

JB, if you were to game this one, would you want it in the long or short driver spot? Also any initial preference with the color scheme?

I’m a fan of the yellow personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB, if you were to game this one, would you want it in the long or short driver spot? Also any initial preference with the color scheme?

I’m a fan of the yellow personally

For me, I like the yellow. It screams FAST.
It would be in the long spot. The short spot I try to find something a bit more shallow in design.

first time i hit it was on a 396y par 4, i had 100y in. i think it was playing shorter than that but we thought i hit it around 280. huge for me.

don’t recall which hole i hit it the second time, but it was a high toe strike that was very low spin but got pretty good distance.

last time was 18 after i hit my gamer terribly yet again. the card says 445 and it was playing into the wind. again, i think it was playing shorter but don’t recall by how much. i had about 165 in.

the two good ones were on a rope. my complaint about f8 was great contact and no idea where it was going. with f9, i had good contact and it went where i wanted it to.

can’t get this one out of my mind...

Well this is certainly impressive feedback from someone who didn't love the F8. As you know I love my F8+, can't wait to give this one a go!

I think the 44.5 double weight version it the one is go with. Try out one of their shaft options but probably put in an Attas. Love all the feedback so far.

Reading this thread is not good for my wallet!!

Yellow King F9 Tour Length with the Fuji Atmos Blue TS 6 is calling my name

Well this is certainly impressive feedback from someone who didn't love the F8. As you know I love my F8+, can't wait to give this one a go!

and i hated the yellow in the screenshot pics. so you hit the nail on the head: it's impressive that i loved this so much, because quite honestly i wasn't too excited to hit it. our staff writers can probably speak a lot more about the tech, but my understanding is that the f9 is not iterative of the f8; it is very different and that difference translated into MUCH better for me.

and i hated the yellow in the screenshot pics. so you hit the nail on the head: it's impressive that i loved this so much, because quite honestly i wasn't too excited to hit it. our staff writers can probably speak a lot more about the tech, but my understanding is that the f9 is not iterative of the f8; it is very different and that difference translated into MUCH better for me.

Great feedback ca. It looks different for sure, with what looks like lower CG placement in the back. I hope you get to test this on multiple days; would be an interesting follow

Great feedback ca. It looks different for sure, with what looks like lower CG placement in the back. I hope you get to test this on multiple days; would be an interesting follow

it would be a ton of fun to test this, but it's not very feasible to for me to make multiple 4-hour round trips to tampa for testing. jb is heading out to california soon. he doesn't need to take this with him, right? i can keep it safe in orlando until he gets back :)

Do we know when pre-order goes up @JB?

Asking for a friend....

Do we know when pre-order goes up @JB?

Asking for a friend....

We actually don't, but I put in a request for that info this morning and will be with them on Monday.
My gut feeling says next month, but will confirm.

For me, I like the yellow. It screams FAST.
It would be in the long spot. The short spot I try to find something a bit more shallow in design.

Fast is definitely the first word that popped into my head when I saw this thing! I have a feeling that is what Cobra was going for!

@OITW the ladies head looks pretty good.
The one color I saw was all black with "COBRA" and "KING F9" in a faded pink.

That could be a nasty 2nd driver option.

m3. this f9 was 20 yards longer. that’s not an exaggeration.

What would you attribute that distance gain to? I've gamed M3 all year ,with nothing beating it.....great combo of looks,sound and distance....this F9 looks amazing....20yds of carry would be jaw dropping!

What would you attribute that distance gain to? I've gamed M3 all year ,with nothing beating it.....great combo of looks,sound and distance....this F9 looks amazing....20yds of carry would be jaw dropping!

i need launch and spin. m3 gives it to me when i swing well, and robs me of it when i don't. i didn't hit the f9 side-by-side with the m3 when i hit my best drive of the day with the m3, but going by the distance on that drive vs the distance on the two nutted drives with the f9, we're saying 20 yards of gainz for me.

EDIT1: i should also note that my m3 is set one click higher than standard 10.5* loft, and jb lofted the f9 up to 12*. i'm not sure that extra little of bit of loft would have really made that much difference.

EDIT2: jb may disagree with me, i'm just going on my own visuals and what i have seen from him in the past. he did connect with this a couple times and hit some nice drives, but it seemed like when his path got particularly ott, the spin was REALLY high for him. i know he said he didn't care for the feel of the shaft (whereas i loved it), so i don't know how much that impacted his delivery. just an observation that his spin seemed a little excessive with this.

Last edited:
i need launch and spin. m3 gives it to me when i swing well, and robs me of it when i don't. i didn't hit the f9 side-by-side with the m3 when i hit my best drive of the day with the m3, but going by the distance on that drive vs the distance on the two nutted drives with the f9, we're saying 20 yards of gainz for me.

EDIT1: i should also note that my m3 is set one click higher than standard 10.5* loft, and jb lofted the f9 up to 12*. i'm not sure that extra little of bit of loft would have really made that much difference.

EDIT2: jb may disagree with me, i'm just going on my own visuals and what i have seen from him in the past. he did connect with this a couple times and hit some nice drives, but it seemed like when his path got particularly ott, the spin was REALLY high for him. i know he said he didn't care for the feel of the shaft (whereas i loved it), so i don't know how much that impacted his delivery. just an observation that his spin seemed a little excessive with this.

I don’t think it was at 12 on the range though, and the flight was pretty good then too?

I don’t think it was at 12 on the range though, and the flight was pretty good then too?

i didn't hit it great on the range iirc. felt good, just couldn't get it on line.

jb is heading out to california soon. he doesn't need to take this with him, right?

He needs to take it on all trips this month, please and thank you.

I have a 9.5 M3 that normally I play one click up with a S+ limited 60R......weights middle.....trying now s PX hzrdus red 5.5 but setting over at higher....3 clicks? But now M3 is really consistent.....not as long as Ltd s+ but in play all day...the TS blue atomos is the shaft that has my eye as well....
Man, 2 more months.....ugh

Rickie and Bryson have this driver in play this week at the Shriners. You can instantly recognize the driver in TV due to the yellow speedback. The more I look at it, the better it looks.

Really looking forward to hitting this back to back against my F8+, also like the shaft options and heads looks amazing. Probably won't see the full lineup up here until February so sounds like a good Saturday excursion to the closest Golftown. For those testing, thanks for feedback, keep it coming.

This looks like a fun driver to hit. Kind of undecided on the yellow. My initial thoughts that it looks like Bumblebee from Transformers but it looks very cool to say the least. The fact that it stands out on tour it's a big plus for cobra!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1/18 seems really, unnecessarily far away.

This always bums me out with Cobras club releases...so much time for the buzz to fade away.

Yeah. I'm ready to get my hands on this driver.
This thing looks incredible as I keep seeing more pictures online!!

Yeah. I'm ready to get my hands on this driver.
This thing looks incredible as I keep seeing more pictures online!!

f8 looked cool. this f9 looks really cool. a step in the right direction. i've only seen the yellow in person, but @jb was saying that the white looks really good too. so if the yellow is causing any hesitation, it's nice that cobra is providing a more subtle option. preserving that perfect sound from the f8, and adding performance benefits and improved aesthetics. what more can you ask for?

Back