Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

That's from your quick transition. Slow that down a bit and your back will be fine. I like the swing though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
That's the direction I want to go towards

I still kinda laugh at the distance I see on miss hits. I had one high on the face that still carried 240+. It shouldn’t reward crappy swings but it just seems to.

After being home for a few days, Cobra F9 line has a presence in Titleist country. The feedback we have giving as regular day golfers says it all. All ages, all swing types and all handicaps are realizing the benefits from this line. Cobra for me will always be the 1st clubs I grab off of the shelf. The F9 driver in my eyes in the club of the year along with the F9 4iron. <<that club is special.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FINALLY got my first round outside today. Been nothing but sim golf.
This club was the star of the day for me. I’m not a long hitter but today I was out driving everyone in my group. The highlight was a 252 yard shot into the wind. I had several in the 240-250 range despite it been 14 degrees Celsius outside.
I absolutely love this club. It’s easily 20 yards longer than my F7 and that’s after my first round. And the sound and feeling is pure power. I felt like Canadan.
Now to work on my putting. Shot 80 (par 65) and had 40 putts.
8b4580d63d19cbfc2f824b3d7237911d.jpg

This club was the star of the day for me. I’m not a long hitter but today I was out driving everyone in my group. The highlight was a 252 yard shot into the wind. I had several in the 240-250 range despite it been 14 degrees Celsius outside.
I absolutely love this club. It’s easily 20 yards longer than my F7 and that’s after my first round. And the sound and feeling is pure power. I felt like Canadan.
8b4580d63d19cbfc2f824b3d7237911d.jpg

You are far from short! Glad the F9 continues to deliver but it sounds like you need an F9 putter

Got to see this in hand today thanks to @kevin81002 and it’s such a great club. Didn’t take any swings with it but did see kevin put on a show distance wise with it and it was great to see the performance gains with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, sir. I hit a couple decent ones, and a few wide right misses. Fortunately, Those wide right misses were on holes that had the room.

It was fun man. Great teeing it up with you and Minh, and great meeting your buddy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I went to GG yesterday to hit this club again. It really feels great and seems to perform very well.

I am champing at the bit to pick this one up. I just don't want ot be that guy who buys a new driver every year, since my game doesn't support that kind of spend. But I'll be darned if this thing doesn't perform every time I have swung it.

The move to this driver has been a good one and I think I have it setup thats optimal for me 18g back / 2g forward. The higher ball flight and forgiveness along with the added distance im seeing is enjoyable. Even though this setup is working well for me, I thinking of planning to test out 6g in the front / 18g back to see how that goes. Looking for a little more distance if possible but if it sacrifices dispersion that 2g weight will be back in before you know it.

Im still trying to get used to the smaller profile head but im tellin ya that's the only negative thing I can say about this driver right now.

Your 20 yards longer than my F7 quote is killing me. I love my F7 and I'm driving the ball better than ever, but the idea of 20 more yards just sounds so dang good.

Your 20 yards longer than my F7 quote is killing me. I love my F7 and I'm driving the ball better than ever, but the idea of 20 more yards just sounds so dang good.

Dude, do yourself a favour. Go got this thing. You’ll understand. I’ve spent a fair bit of time with it on my home sim and got it out yesterday for the first outdoor round. I was constantly further down the fairway than before. I’ve played the course probably 50 times and was 1–2 clubs less into the green.

It really feels like cheating. When it warms up I’m going to have to take my 3 wood out cause the driver will be too long. Never a problem before.

There’s one hole that’s my nemesis. It has a massive tree off to the right. To the left is OB. The only shot is a fade. I don’t like fades. So this tree is right where I like to start my ball flight with a draw. Well 9.5/10 I either try to fade it and it’s such a bad push slice it’s gross. Or I pull it OB. It’s the hardest hole on the course.

Not yesterday. Nice long fade, followed by a sweet F9 4H and then a 1/2 54 to 10 feet on an elevated tiered green. 2 putt for par. Usually walk away with a 7.

6d8044295a230a3baf19713ac214e778.jpg

Last edited:
Did you got tour length or standard @Rusty Dave? I can't remember for the life of me haha.

Did you got tour length or standard @Rusty Dave? I can't remember for the life of me haha.

Standard. For some reason I don’t mind the longer shaft.

Standard. For some reason I don’t mind the longer shaft.

Hey if it works for you why not right? Glad to hear you're having success, and hope it continues!

I haven't had the chance to hit mine yet, monsoon on Saturday and then snow on Sunday. Forecast for this week looks like I'll be able to get out to both the range and the course so I'm beyond ecstatic to put it through it's paces.

Every time I look at this driver I think they nailed both the Speedback design and marketing. I love the racing connection. One of my favorite sports cars in the Shelby Daytona. In the '60's, leading aerodynamics developed the Daytona coupe bodywork to give an extra 30+ mph over the 289 AC Cobra to keep up with the Ferrari 250's on the 3 mile long straightaway at Le Mans, resulting in a GT class win in 1964. Countless other racecars have used similar squared off ends to lower drag. Legit, proven design.

Untitled-3_8.jpg

f9-driver-wht-back_1.jpg

Every time I look at this driver I think they nailed both the Speedback design and marketing. I love the racing connection. One of my favorite sports cars in the Shelby Daytona. In the '60's, leading aerodynamics developed the Daytona coupe bodywork to give an extra 30+ mph over the 289 AC Cobra to keep up with the Ferrari 250's on the 3 mile long straightaway at Le Mans, resulting in a GT class win in 1964. Countless other racecars have used similar squared off ends to lower drag. Legit, proven design.

Fantastic comparison dude!

My new friend arrived today! It has the Atmos tour S shaft and is 9 the degree head. Can’t complain about the start. Shot a 69 on a par 72 course on a sim at my club (gimmies within 2 yards). Won the game and won 3 bottles of wine....one of them is now gone
0eecd6bceefdb64feb2a212fd38af78c.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I don't see a lot of cobra around my neck of the woods, but I did get a chance to hit this at the local golf shop today. The overall shape and footprint set up nice, but I couldn't really get a feel for it. Center strikes sounded really nice and felt solid, but off center seemed really harsh and kind of clicky if that makes any sense. I want to know when I miss it, but I don't want that rattle in your hands feeling of hitting a cold softball bat (only a slight exaggeration hahaha).

I'd definitely be interested in trying these outside if a demo day ever came my way, but I don't think that's going to happen this year.

Got my F9 head issue sorted out and have a time booked for Saturday. Can't wait to get this back out on the course. Unfortunately having to use lead tape until I can score a 6g or 8g weight from Cobra unless anyone has one they're willing to part with. I also traded a G410 Plus 9 deg head for a putter I wasn't using and for the first time in forever I'm not interested in doing another head to head comparison. G410 Plus head available if anyone knows someone that wants one. ;)

Hoping someone has a quick answer. I have been using 10.5 setting and decided to try different loft. I tightened using wrench but didn’t hear the same ‘click’ sound as with my previous driver. Also ‘cranked’ it a lot harder than previous driver, so question is, does f9 make same click sound when tightened enough?

Hoping someone has a quick answer. I have been using 10.5 setting and decided to try different loft. I tightened using wrench but didn’t hear the same ‘click’ sound as with my previous driver. Also ‘cranked’ it a lot harder than previous driver, so question is, does f9 make same click sound when tightened enough?
My cobra wrench clicks.. Might be a broken wrench

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It’s the wrench that clicks, not the driver screw. I typically don’t even turn it to click, I stop right before once I feel the handle start to twist.

Yep...thanks for reply. Got it!

Finally got the opportunity to get out to the range with the F9 and I have to say I’m coming away impressed. My driver swing is not anywhere near mid season form, far from it actually. When I put a good swing on the club the ball went, and went far. I didn’t laser anything tonight but to my naked eye it appeared to be out a bit further than my normal drives.

The sound was not what I expected, not that it’s bad or anything just surprised me a bit the first few times. Coming from a Rogue, I’d say the F9 is a bit higher pitched than the muted thud of the rogue.

I’m beyond thrilled with my choice to try the Tour length option as I found the center of the face far more often than normal. There were 4 or 5 swings in a row where I hit it in the same general vicinity over and over.

First round with it coming up on Sunday so hopefully have some actual yardages at that time to compare to.

Back