Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

f8 looked cool. this f9 looks really cool. a step in the right direction. i've only seen the yellow in person, but @jb was saying that the white looks really good too. so if the yellow is causing any hesitation, it's nice that cobra is providing a more subtle option. preserving that perfect sound from the f8, and adding performance benefits and improved aesthetics. what more can you ask for?

Exactly! I actually love both color options but I like the yellow just a little more than the avalanche color.

This improvement in performance is always tempting and their changes make total sense to add low CG to an aerodynamic design.

I hope their 01/18 release doesn’t get obscured by the Big 2 driver releases around that same time. This F9 deserves to be demoed by anyone looking for good equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks Bridgestone'ish on the bottom. Like the J15.

After seeing pictures of Ricky using this at the Shriners I'm sold on the look. That yellow doesn't look bad at all and definitely catches attention.

Rickie and Bryson have this driver in play this week at the Shriners. You can instantly recognize the driver in TV due to the yellow speedback. The more I look at it, the better it looks.

Lexi rocking it too in yellow. The color is smart and looks good imo.

I will definitely own a yellow F9!!!! This is the best looking driver I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s suprising to read everybody’s thoughts on the color of the head. You really don’t see anything other than black at address. I’ve owned every Cobra driver since the ZL Encore because they just keep getting better. The F9 will be in my bag before the end of January...

Nice release date for my wallet!
Going to buy this and keep the all Cobra woods line up in my bag

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice release date for my wallet!
Going to buy this and keep the all Cobra woods line up in my bag

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Indeed on the timing. I think a little holiday bonus money (assuming there is some) will be buying this bad boy.

Not a bad start.
1 start on the PGA Tour and 1 win. Both players in the top 5.

JB,
Quick favor if possible. Any chance can you ask the team at Cobra what the differences will be between the 10.5 & 9 degree heads? They're going from the F8 (that was 10.5)-F8+(9 deg IIRC) to designating the heads by loft, but there were a few differences before. Weight positions, maybe internal weighting, shape, etc.

Doesn't look like that many differences this go around but not sure.

JB,
Quick favor if possible. Any chance can you ask the team at Cobra what the differences will be between the 10.5 & 9 degree heads? They're going from the F8 (that was 10.5)-F8+(9 deg IIRC) to designating the heads by loft, but there were a few differences before. Weight positions, maybe internal weighting, shape, etc.

Doesn't look like that many differences this go around but not sure.

There are a number of differences and the easiest way to view it is to look at the 9* head as the plus model in this lineup.

Not a bad start.
But can it fix my driving woes JB??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brutal that consumers can't get their hands on these drivers for over 2 months after their tour pros had success in their first event with that line of clubs.

Not a bad start.
I'm probably more impressed by this than I should be, but wow.

I really don’t pay close attention to this stuff but off the cuff reaction is Cobra may be the only OEM that has this 2 month lag from announcement to release. I am curious from a marketing perspective if there’s some kind of principle at play here that says you should do it this way.

I think it's really telling that Bryson is putting the F9 into play immediately. He started last year with the LTD, and I don't think he switched to the F8+ until late in the season. The fact that Rickie and Bryson (and Lexi!) bagged this at announcement time says a lot about how good this driver is.

Couldn’t script it much better than that for a start

It's golf. This is EXACTLY what I would expect haha

It does add some immediate intrigue, right?

Works for Bryson and Richard, it should work for me! Want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably more impressed by this than I should be, but wow.

Heh, I'm with you there! Kind of cool no matter how you slice it.

I really don’t pay close attention to this stuff but off the cuff reaction is Cobra may be the only OEM that has this 2 month lag from announcement to release. I am curious from a marketing perspective if there’s some kind of principle at play here that says you should do it this way.

I could very well be wrong, but it felt like Titleist took a while after tour seeding at the US Open to get the TS drivers in consumers' hands.

I could very well be wrong, but it felt like Titleist took a while after tour seeding at the US Open to get the TS drivers in consumers' hands.

I think you're right. The Titleist drivers were first used at the U.S. Open and weren't available until mid-September.

Back