Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

I think we may see the new Cobra driver hitting the tour in a few weeks. Keep an eye out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

7 X is the stiffest shaft I have ever swung.

Talk about Rebar.

But super straight. No toe lag or wiping through the strike zone.

Almost too stiff

M2C

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

I'm playing the 6X and agree that even the 6X is pretty stout. I like that about it. I can put my strongest, best timed move on it and it just laughs at me. Is that all you got?

The Smoke Hzrdus X- Stiff is perfect for my game.

But I am sure there are other games which need stronger flexes
83e02ddb34b329c3669e6d3ff04d6ac4.jpg

I gave the F9 another try with my Tensei orange last night. 66g S flex at 45-1/4" playing length.
This time, I had the 14g in the front & 10g in back and worked on keeping my right heel on the ground longer on the downswing
All of this kept my swing smooth except on 2 holes. These holes I swung like and idiot & heel-cut blasted them OB to the right.
Length is very good since the ball was flying straight instead of going right for once.
This has made me happy and also the wife...since I won't be buying a EvenFlow Black shaft anymore. (until I'm bored in the winter)

I think we may see the new Cobra driver hitting the tour in a few weeks. Keep an eye out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Any clue on the differences?

Had a friend hit my F9 driver last night, first time he's tried it. Within three swings he was sold. Blown away by the profile and feedback it provides.

This is a special driver. Definitely one of the tops for 2019 at least as far as I am concerned.

Had a friend hit my F9 driver last night, first time he's tried it. Within three swings he was sold. Blown away by the profile and feedback it provides.

This is a special driver. Definitely one of the tops for 2019 at least as far as I am concerned.

It really is Dan, Mine is such a weapon off, one which I have struggled with for a while now. Confidence is super high right now. Long and straight !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems to be pretty common among most people I talk to or have hit it. Definitely a top 3 driver this year in my book. Sadly I haven’t seen too many on the course in a small sample of random pairings.

This seems to be pretty common among most people I talk to or have hit it. Definitely a top 3 driver this year in my book. Sadly I haven’t seen too many on the course in a small sample of random pairings.

It seemed to get so much pub and yet (other than my friend who bought one when the Morgan Cuppers were receiving theirs), i have not seen another one on the course, either. Still, everyone who looks at mine loves how it looks and the play speaks for itself.

It seemed to get so much pub and yet (other than my friend who bought one when the Morgan Cuppers were receiving theirs), i have not seen another one on the course, either. Still, everyone who looks at mine loves how it looks and the play speaks for itself.

Same around here-- but if I'm being candid, the random folks I get paired up with, I've only seen a handful of current model driver's to begin with. I do not play the same course repetitively so I'm really all over the place around town.

Guessing a lot has to do with pricing, as I'm playing courses that range from $12 goat track to $60 mid-tier. Even at the range, I'll usually only see a couple current model drivers, apparently folks need to get on the internet.....

I threw the Hzrdus Yellow on my Morgan Cup F9 driver today and really liked the results. Wish I could have played 18, instead of only 9. I might have been on my way to that elusive under par score that remains number one on my list of golf goals.

Attachments

• EA65D859-38F4-4247-BCED-4CD14F55CFF9.jpeg
    EA65D859-38F4-4247-BCED-4CD14F55CFF9.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 7
Hit this with the Helium 8x today during my round.

(My LAGolf Shaft OLYSS will be built tonight and maybe see the course on Friday - but 5 rounds planned for next week with plenty of time to update, so I got that going for me)

5 were good playable drives averaging 260 yards

the other three were crap haha

We played from 6,600 - closer to 6,900 in some spots and there were minimal holes where I had fairway metal or long iron into greens that weren't Par 5s.

So far this season I’ve found a bit more distance wise vs last year...

c7471432bc235ef005de17bb79fb23bb.jpg

I really think by the end of this year the distance gained off the tee will be closer to 8-10 yards than where it’s at even now.

The bonus—- FIR remains identical to last year.

Seeing the MC 2020 thread with talk of the new iteration of driver/irons etc being better... I’m not sure how haha.

Bought a Smoke Yellow to try out. Comparing the two shafts to see which ones best for my game

I'm seeing a consistent 10+ yard increase over my XR16.

With all the practice since last year (my first year playing) my average is up over 30 yards, but I am still not a long hitter by any stretch of the definition.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Bought a Smoke Yellow to try out. Comparing the two shafts to see which ones best for my game

Can't wait to hear how it performs for you. Eventually I'm going to go to a Cobra rep and get a proper shaft fitting for mine

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can't wait to hear how it performs for you. Eventually I'm going to go to a Cobra rep and get a pepper shaft fitting for mine

Helium not working that well or you just want to see what else there is?

Helium not working that well or you just want to see what else there is?
Hey Paul, good question. I've struggled with driver for a long time and the helium shaft helped me a bunch with getting the ball in the air. I've continued to work with a coach and the helium started launching too high for me. We lofted the head down but finally I switched to the Evenflow blue shaft that came with my master's edition F9. I'm currently playing that shaft with the head lofted down to 9.5 and the heavier weight forward and getting a much more penetrating flight. I believe it's a little heavy in the D4-D5 swing weight range but it's working. I never felt like I was a good enough driver of the ball to really benefit from a driver shaft fitting but with my recent success I want to check and see if the Evenflow is the right choice or if there's something better for my swing.

First round with the F9. Compared to my F8 with Evenflow Blue at 9.5* it is definitely lower launching, although most of the shots are hitting lower right now and that's OK, because I am hitting my targets.

That being said, the feel is spectacular and I am not seeing much side to side movement, even on mishits. The ball flight is very controlled.

Oh, and I legit drove a 301 yard par 4. So there's that.

639A1650-B1F5-4383-ADB7-0DA63500702E.jpeg2BE6411A-67A1-4706-ABBA-4953C39D1FA0.jpeg
fupresti;n8874017 said:
Oh, and I legit drove a 301 yard par 4. So there's that.

300 yard drive, did you say? Yes, I am playing at elevation and, yes, there was a tailwind, but a 307 yard drive and a 295 yard drive that set me up for an eagle are as good as it gets for this 58 year old Hacker. Today, I shot a 73, one over par, and driver was a big part of the equation. Thanks, Cobra.

Attachments

• A39D88F5-685D-42A2-A1CF-B08E8BD94DCD.jpeg
    A39D88F5-685D-42A2-A1CF-B08E8BD94DCD.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 8
Tenputt;n8874152 said:
2BE6411A-67A1-4706-ABBA-4953C39D1FA0.jpeg

300 yard drive, did you say? Yes, I am playing at elevation and, yes, there was a tailwind, but a 307 yard drive and a 295 yard drive that set me up for an eagle are as good as it gets for this 58 year old Hacker. Today, I shot a 73, one over par, and driver was a big part of the equation. Thanks, Cobra.
Who could ask for anything More.

Fear the Corbra
7cda8e89884bc7ce00a9154fff872d10.jpg

Back