Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Tenputt;n8874152 said:
2BE6411A-67A1-4706-ABBA-4953C39D1FA0.jpeg

300 yard drive, did you say? Yes, I am playing at elevation and, yes, there was a tailwind, but a 307 yard drive and a 295 yard drive that set me up for an eagle are as good as it gets for this 58 year old Hacker. Today, I shot a 73, one over par, and driver was a big part of the equation. Thanks, Cobra.
Awesome shots and incredible round tenputt!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tenputt;n8874152 said:
2BE6411A-67A1-4706-ABBA-4953C39D1FA0.jpeg

300 yard drive, did you say? Yes, I am playing at elevation and, yes, there was a tailwind, but a 307 yard drive and a 295 yard drive that set me up for an eagle are as good as it gets for this 58 year old Hacker. Today, I shot a 73, one over par, and driver was a big part of the equation. Thanks, Cobra.

That's awesome. But I'm more impressed with the 192 6i tbh.

I’ve been playing the Helium and OLYSS proto the last few rounds and tinkering with SW in the head

I get better distance (carry) with both shafts with the 18g weight back and 6g weight forward than with the 14g weight back and 6g

another round today and i’ll post up a more comprehensive writeup

my longest with this club has been 14g back and 6 forward with OLYSS shaft

Seeking a bit more height and some stability in flight I turned the loft up to 10* and swapped my weights. 10g in front and 18g in back. Still playing the tensei orange 70tx. With those changes my range ball flight started getting over 45 yards. Guessing the on course flight will drop a bit but wow the ball was flying high.

I'm also dropping the thriver for the time being. Since I'm not playing as much my right to left ball flight is getting exaggerated and well snap hooks are not fun with a supposed to be safe in the fairway club.

These were a couple of drives from my round this weekend. I am not a big hitter and I want swinging the driver well yet it performed regardless. I used to only get near the 250 mark when I was catching it perfect yet this driver does it even when I'm a little off. Starting off with a birdie on hole 1 was awesome but a hot day and a lot of beer caused me to give a lot of shots back.

Screenshot_20190819-211643.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190819-211021.jpg
    Screenshot_20190819-211021.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 17
Very happy with mine. I picked up over 15 yards, on average, from my XR16.

Overview:

I've gamed the OLYSS 65g S shaft for 4 rounds now. The shaft(s) that I was playing before were the Project X Smoke 6.0 (Tour Length 44.5") and the UST Helium 5F4 45"

I have this Proto shaft playing at the 45" as well.

My gamer ball for the test rounds has been a 2018 Chromesoft Truvis Ball (one of the Helium shafted rounds was with the CSX Diamond TT which inflates the distance)

The two photos below are the 20 shots with the F9 18g weight back and 6g forward as a baseline test.

Looks:

The looks of the shaft are fantastic. The LA Golf Shafts logo pops and the mathematical equations are nice details as well.

The lettering for Prototype with the woven pattern underneath is fantastic.

Held for address picture

Feel:

The feel is great, it is not as stiff from tip/mid section/ butt as the Smoke felt

With the Helium I feel the pop at the tip on impact, but I can feel the counterbalancing when comparing it to this shaft, it's not a bad thing, I've come to appreciate the kick

This shaft is smooth, I think that's the best way for me to describe it on well struck shots.

Data and Details:

Below are my numbers (35 shots) 4 rounds with this shaft in the driver.

The first round I played it with the 14g weight back and 6 gram weight forward - it was my best round with it.

I get better launch and carry distance with the 18g weight back though, definitely something to still tinker with - the 18g weight back was pretty successful for me with both the Helilum and Smoke shafts

My longest drive hit with the F9 and any shaft was this one 306 yards 8 yards longer than either the Smoke or the Helium

My FIR is more accurate with the OLYSS still pretty close though, my dispersion is tighter with the Helium though 18 yards vs 22 yards in the OLYSS

My next few rounds with the OLY SS (the next three days I will be golfing) I will try it with the 14g setup

My first round out with this driver setup I had a 8.5 driving handicap 60% of fairways with the driver, tough to improve on one of the best tee rounds of the year for me.

OITW;n8882516 said:
Overview:

I've gamed the OLYSS 65g S shaft for 4 rounds now. The shaft(s) that I was playing before were the Project X Smoke 6.0 (Tour Length 44.5") and the UST Helium 5F4 45"

My gamer ball for the test rounds has been a 2018 Chromesoft Truvis Ball (one of the Helium shafted rounds was with the CSX Diamond TT which inflates the distance)

The two photos below are the 20 shots with the F9 18g weight back and 6g forward as a baseline test.

Looks:

The looks of the shaft are fantastic. The LA Golf Shafts logo pops and the mathematical equations are nice details as well.

Held for address picture

Feel:

The feel is great, it is not as stiff from tip/mid section/ butt as the Smoke felt

With the Helium I feel the pop at the tip on impact, but I can feel the counterbalancing when comparing it to this shaft, it's not a bad thing, I've come to appreciate the kick

This shaft is smooth, I think that's the best way for me to describe it on well struck shots.

Data and Details:

The first round I played it with the 14g weight back and 6 gram weight forward - it was my best round with it.

I get better launch and carry distance with the 18g weight back though, definitely something to still tinker with - the 18g weight back was pretty successful for me with both the Helilum and Smoke shafts

My longest drive hit with the F9 and any shaft was this one 306 yards 8 yards longer than either the Smoke or the Helium

My FIR is more accurate with the OLYSS still pretty close though, my dispersion is tighter with the Helium though 18 yards vs 22 yards in the OLYSS

My next few rounds with the OLY SS (the next three days I will be golfing) I will try it with the 14g setup

My first round out with this driver setup I had a 8.5 driving handicap 60% of fairways with the driver, tough to improve on one of the best tee rounds of the year for me.

Very cool! Yeah I thought the equations were a nice touch when Matrix was doing it as well.

OITW;n8882516 said:
Overview:

Looks:

Held for address picture

Feel:

Data and Details:

I don't see photos?

jdtox;n8882904 said:
I don't see photos?

Me either. I looked back at photos from the previous page. :D

kevin81002;n8882901 said:
Very cool! Yeah I thought the equations were a nice touch when Matrix was doing it as well.

One of my playing partners mentioned how similar the artwork was to Matrix - it’s been a while since I saw one, but keep using what’s working right?

OITW;n8882908 said:
I dunno what to tell you? I see them on my mobile and desktop?

I don’t know what to tell you, I don’t see them on either haha

jdtox;n8882930 said:
I don’t know what to tell you, I don’t see them on either haha

What’s the screen shot look like on your end?

OITW;n8882940 said:
What’s the screen shot look like on your end?

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 12.26.17 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 12.26.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 12.26.17 PM.png
    173 KB · Views: 8
So it’s something with the attachments and how i uploaded them? That’s weird

i’ll just text you my pics lol

OITW;n8882907 said:
One of my playing partners mentioned how similar the artwork was to Matrix - it�s been a while since I saw one, but keep using what�s working right?
Definitely.
b517251d273aa5819c81dd7d525b3452.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had one of my best rounds of the year with the driver on Friday. Hit my driver nine times for the round, hit 6 of 9 fairways. Only two "bad swings" snapped one shot left, got a lucky bounce and it was still in play in the rough. Second shot was a push into the woods and got another lucky bounce that kicked out into the fairway (only went 157 yards lol)

See below for dispersion:

Cobra Connect OLYSS 8.23.19 To Date Performance.GIF

I'm at 47% with the mix of Smoke and Helium, this shaft I've had three rounds where my FIR % was higher than 60%

It seems like I'm giving up a bit of distance, but that could be the majority of these rounds are with the Chomesoft Ball vs the CSX Diamond TT that has giving me 10 yards more in other rounds. I'll be testing that go forward.

I'm a fan of the shaft head combo - I also swapped out the 18g weight for the 14 gram weight.

Attachments

• Cobra Connect OLYSS 8.23.19 Dispersion.GIF
    Cobra Connect OLYSS 8.23.19 Dispersion.GIF
    212.1 KB · Views: 10
  • International Round 8.23.19.GIF
    International Round 8.23.19.GIF
    27 KB · Views: 9
  • Best Shot of The Round 8.23.19.GIF
    Best Shot of The Round 8.23.19.GIF
    443.2 KB · Views: 10
OITW;n8891963 said:
Had one of my best rounds of the year with the driver on Friday. Hit my driver nine times for the round, hit 6 of 9 fairways. Only two "bad swings" snapped one shot left, got a lucky bounce and it was still in play in the rough. Second shot was a push into the woods and got another lucky bounce that kicked out into the fairway (only went 157 yards lol)

See below for dispersion:

13 yards is pretty freaking good. I think my year to date average with the other shafts in 20 yards.

My focus with my swing this round throughout my entire bag was a smoother transition, improved tempo and keeping the ball in play not trying to hit it as hard as possible. Well below was the result (also was cranking my 4i as well off the tee)

The feel of the shaft is great, still very consistent and smooth feeling, definitely not boardy or too stiff.

My best shot, a bit more aggressive but still pretty controlled was this:

Was a nice mid high trajectory, perfect center face contact and the ball just exploded off the face.

The more I game it, the more it puts pressure on my Helium. I definitely won't put the Smoke back in the bag as a replacement for this shaft, part of it's the length but it's also the feel from butt to tip and the confidence I have with this in my hands.

Below is my year to date (aka 6 rounds with this shaft.)

I'm at 47% with the mix of Smoke and Helium, this shaft I've had three rounds where my FIR % was higher than 60%

It seems like I'm giving up a bit of distance, but that could be the majority of these rounds are with the Chomesoft Ball vs the CSX Diamond TT that has giving me 10 yards more in other rounds. I'll be testing that go forward.

I'm a fan of the shaft head combo - I also swapped out the 18g weight for the 14 gram weight.

Nice report, Alex.

OITW Pretty cool stuff. Sounds like that’s LA Shaft is pretty awesome. You were killing the helium last time we played!

I still need to continue working on consistency but I had anther good round of driving. Pictured was my best drive of the day on a par 5 which is big for me. Unfortunately I didn't realize they had a temporary green well short of the normal green so I flew the green on my approach by 35 yards. Later on another par 5 I caught one out of the heel off the tee and it flew 230 yards to the right edge of the fairway. My friend egged me on so I took driver off the deck and hit it just short right of the green. I've never executed a driver off the deck on the course and it felt amazing. I love this driver!! Screenshot_20190827-231201.jpg

93civiccpe;n8892249 said:
I still need to continue working on consistency but I had anther good round of driving. Pictured was my best drive of the day on a par 5 which is big for me. Unfortunately I didn't realize they had a temporary green well short of the normal green so I flew the green on my approach by 35 yards. Later on another par 5 I caught one out of the heel off the tee and it flew 230 yards to the right edge of the fairway. My friend egged me on so I took driver off the deck and hit it just short right of the green. I've never executed a driver off the deck on the course and it felt amazing. I love this driver!!

You are hitting some big shots! Nice.

Just getting back out to this golf thing...and so happy to be doing so!

Let one rip on a par 4 a few days ago and next club was a putter. Wasn't all that perplexed as I knew I hit it solid, but the guys in the other cart wouldn't let it rest.

Uphill playing 361 wasn't a bad thing. Yeah, yeah...it's Colorado and elevation and such, but )(*&$*!

Yes...got the Eagle baby!

Anyone know how to adjust this thing so it is not so draw biased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish someplace around here carried Cobra. I’d love to give this a shot

Back