Wilson Staff DUO Professional Golf Balls

Played 18 with the same Duo Pro today, and it preformed great! I love that it’s soft, but not to soft. Most importantly for me is that it’s not “clicky” like the other matte colored balls that I’ve tried. The green side spin was everything that I hoped it would be, and I love the flat green color. I have officially found my new gamer!
It did show some wear after 18, but I did hit a couple seashell hazards...
40d066955f26c0c43d9ce9dd78dc1a75.jpg

41201bcfd00733bcf02ed7a25e2f93df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18 with the same Duo Pro today, and it preformed great! I love that it’s soft, but not to soft. Most importantly for me is that it’s not “clicky” like the other matte colored balls that I’ve tried. The green side spin was everything that I hoped it would be, and I love the flat green color. I have officially found my new gamer!
It did show some wear after 18, but I did hit a couple seashell hazards...
40d066955f26c0c43d9ce9dd78dc1a75.jpg

41201bcfd00733bcf02ed7a25e2f93df.jpg

Haha, I was about to say, Kevin, that looks like a puncture wound.

Played an executive course this weekend and used the same Duo P throughout. Had a shot that ended up short of the green into a dry creek that ping ponged around some rocks. I was surprised to see no crazy scuff marks or anything on the ball. I picked it up and wiped it clean and looked good enough to continue to play. I am finding this ball to be longer for me than the Chrome Soft so for me that’s a huge plus to have the nice green side playability and get more distance. I’m on my last sleeve from the event so I’m going to take the chance and grab a couple dozen of these over my usual Chrome Soft gamer and hope to see a successful change.

Played an executive course this weekend and used the same Duo P throughout. Had a shot that ended up short of the green into a dry creek that ping ponged around some rocks. I was surprised to see no crazy scuff marks or anything on the ball. I picked it up and wiped it clean and looked good enough to continue to play. I am finding this ball to be longer for me than the Chrome Soft so for me that’s a huge plus to have the nice green side playability and get more distance. I’m on my last sleeve from the event so I’m going to take the chance and grab a couple dozen of these over my usual Chrome Soft gamer and hope to see a successful change.

I am still rocking the orange and yellows, it really is such a great ball. I have played many many golf balls through the years and this my favorite ball. Good distance, great spin and amazing colors and good price

I am still rocking the orange and yellows, it really is such a great ball. I have played many many golf balls through the years and this my favorite ball. Good distance, great spin and amazing colors and good price

So I’m really excited about their new fg tour ball. A little more firm? Hello!!! Haha. Just hope it comes in some color too

So I’m really excited about their new fg tour ball. A little more firm? Hello!!! Haha. Just hope it comes in some color too

I doubt it will come in colors but I could be wrong

Agreed.

Apparently, my on course "product placement" program had been used more frequently than I thought. I didn't realize in time that I didn't have enough Duo Pros left so I used another brand of ball during my last tournament. Even though I had been previously fit for the ball and had gamed it regularly, it just didn't seem to work as well as the Duo Pro.

I just purchased another box of the matte green Duo Pros and will monitor their status more closely so I'm not caught short again.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I doubt it will come in colors but I could be wrong

No you’re probably right. More than likely only white as it will not be a huge seller for them unfortunately. They may have sort of created a weird product zone for themselves with the ball.

I know the difference but it’s hard for the general public to be all in on either the duo pro or the fg tour when all they see is urethane and tour level ball haha.

Anyone play a few of the different Duo Pro versions, white, yellow, green or orange? What is your preferred colors? I generally don't like Matte balls as they get very dirty. I bought my wife Duo Soft Matte white and they were beautiful in the box, now they remain a dull grey color even after wiping them down with a wet cloth, yuck!

i was disappointing in fg tour. loved the new professional though

My durability testing of the Duo Pro has moved up a notch from oak trees and an occasional cart path to full on asphalt.

I haven't fully accepted the swing changes yet. Though I am seeing distance increases, I have a tendency to pull my shots to the left. The course we played for June's league tournament has the typical golf course community winding through it. During the second hole (158 yard par 3) I hit my 150 club way long and pulled it left (11 o'clock to the green). The ball cleared the screen of trees and landed just short of the entrance to one of the communities, bounced across 2 lanes, bounced out of the flowerbed in the center divider, and came to rest against the curb after crossing 2 more lanes. Other than a bit of dirt from the flowerbed (easily wiped off) the ball showed no signs of its wayward journey. I'm just glad that I didn't test the ball's durability off of a resident's Mercedes or Porsche. :bulgy-eyes:

Anyone play a few of the different Duo Pro versions, white, yellow, green or orange? What is your preferred colors? I generally don't like Matte balls as they get very dirty. I bought my wife Duo Soft Matte white and they were beautiful in the box, now they remain a dull grey color even after wiping them down with a wet cloth, yuck!
I really like the matte green. It doesn't seem to show dirt that bad. Though, I have occasionally seen some slight staining from the mud.

Last edited:
What's the latest feedback on the Duo Pro. Does the white (glossy) feel better than the matte ones? I was looking at the green, good choice?

What's the latest feedback on the Duo Pro. Does the white (glossy) feel better than the matte ones? I was looking at the green, good choice?
Can't go wrong with the matte green IMHO.

I haven't hit the white but both the matte green and matte yellow are great.

Example from last weekend's league tournament. Par 3, pushed my tee shot 20ish feet up onto the hillside but pin high. My ball (green) is laying on windblown dead grass and there's water if I go long. Hit past the pin by 6 feet and the ball stopped dead on a firm green.

I've consistently seen the ball within 2-3 feet of its mark on approach shots with my irons and either stopping dead or hop and stop with my wedges. So yeah, I'm a fan.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ok, great, thanks, DufferToo. I thought I'd like the QStar Tour. But, it's slightly firmer than I'd like. With the DuoPro's 60 compression, I am hoping it is the right ball for me. Just trying to work through my QST stash first.

I still haven't tried these. I usually check once a week and haven't found any deals yet. Yes, I'm cheap. Usually don't spend more than $25 per dozen. Actually, haven't found any deals on last year's model in quite awhile either.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

They are definitely worth a try. They're solid in every aspect.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I still haven't tried these. I usually check once a week and haven't found any deals yet. Yes, I'm cheap. Usually don't spend more than $25 per dozen. Actually, haven't found any deals on last year's model in quite awhile either.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Although not good for you It's a good sign for Wilson.At least the ball not getting discounted everywhere. I was at an PGASS event recently and a Wilson rep said they are probably going to do a tour level ball for next year. Those deals on Duo U last year were nice. I still have some.

I bought a couple dozen of these because I played Wilson tour balls in the past and like them. I played them for the first time last night in my league and came away with a positive impression. Distance is up there with any ball I have played, durability seemed good, same ball 9 holes looked fine at the end, seemed to spin well. It feels soft off the putter which reminded me of a Cally chrome soft. The pic attached is from a 6i hit from 180 plus yards to the final hole of the match. It helped set up a 1 up win. Going to keep these in play.
91e72e4fccabe54c2b80e12b504d2b70.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I see Wilson is doing 4 for 3 on these.

Got a great deal on a few dozen of these so waiting for them to arrive and compare them with the Duo Optix I've got. The Optix feel so soft off the face of the short irons and wedges it's like butter. Will be interesting to see if these feel the same.....

A

Last edited:
Got a great deal on a few dozen of these so waiting for them to arrive and compare them with the Duo Optix I've got. The Optic feel so soft off the face of the short irons and wedges it's like butter. Will be interesting to see if these feel the same.....

A

I always found these to feel firmer than the non-urethane Duos, but nothing major. These may not feel exactly like butter in the short game but you'll notice a difference around the greens in spin and stopping power for sure.

The Duo Pro has been my ball of choice since they came out. They will not feel as soft as the optix. Most 2 piece non-urethane low compression varieties are down right mushy. Nothing wrong with that, but the Duo pro will certainly be the softest feeling urethane covered ball you will find.

The Duo Professional was my absolute favorite ball. So disappointed when they discontinued it. They said TRIAD was better. Not to me.

The Duo Professional was my absolute favorite ball. So disappointed when they discontinued it. They said TRIAD was better. Not to me.

Did they discontinue it? I thought so too, but GT has restocked them in all colors. Bought a couple of dozen so far. Although, I suppose this could be discovered overstock or something. I'd buy about 10 dozen, but have always been unsure about the lifespan/quality of golf balls over years of storage.

Only played 9 holes with these but really liked them. The feel and flight were both really good for me. Plenty of height and distance for my game.

I have some Duo Optix as well and they're definitely a bit too soft for me.

Back