Wilson Staff Cortex Driver

And now it is the winner!

Ponder engaged!

Boo on Golf Channel revealing the winner in an ad before the show did.

yup I want one.

I want one!
And I got to say, meeting the people and seeing how incredible they are, I am a fan of the shield!

And how they hooked up Tim was incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait for all of the reviews from THPers.

I loved hearing this baby had some toe forgiveness. I’m ready to hit it.

I loved hearing this baby had some toe forgiveness. I’m ready to hit it.

Toe forgiveness was tested and verified by me last weekend (see below)! This driver is very forgiving on off center strikes.

d19b469b1140267f5e3be7bde7600988.jpg

holy crap golf channel. did you really just spill the beans with that revolution golf graphic???? lol

Haha, I was oblivious. So I’m sure it didn’t spoil it for everyone. Or at least, I was still surprised.

Here are a few in hand pictures of the Cortex from last weekend:

e9e8412a060103f5fa0023b910072540.jpg

aa72b809a12105051afbd7a251397a61.jpg

7778d593831a182ca909840abe70c38e.jpg

6dc6ebdf6178cc7a42712e8473180cbf.jpg

I’m guessing the TS blue was really popular this past weekend, yeah? Anyone prefer the black?

6643bb6eadc907440cd0fc4eea8ee536.jpg

So this is fun. Cortex holds its own.

$500 imo is too high for w/s driver.

Part of me feels that way, but part of me doesn’t in this case. They’ve done so much right with it; it looks great, it’s paired with a great shaft (including the TS option), and the performance/numbers are in line with all the top drivers out at the moment.

My son plays W/S irons and hybrids and really enjoys them. I could see getting this for him in the Spring for his b-day if he tests it/likes it. They also offer Mil/LE discounts and I always give companies like that preference over others.

Your nuts.
This driver comes stock with a $300 shaft and the head is as premium as anything on the market. Go hit hit and then see if you still feel that way.
The only reason that I could see them selling it for any less is because they aren’t going to spend $100mm on advertising to cram it down every golfers throat.

Part of me feels that way, but part of me doesn’t in this case. They’ve done so much right with it; it looks great, it’s paired with a great shaft (including the TS option), and the performance/numbers are in line with all the top drivers out at the moment.

My son plays W/S irons and hybrids and really enjoys them. I could see getting this for him in the Spring for his b-day if he tests it/likes it. They also offer Mil/LE discounts and I always give companies like that preference over others.

Mid west, northeast and mid Atlantic all going into the off season and by time golf/demo day season comes around this won’t be on people’s minds, lack of retail presence won’t help and while many will say tour play doesn’t influence purchases only having a few guys on tour playing it and none of those guys being household names or consistent winners won’t help.

Titleist new line out, TM, Ping and Callaway soon to be will overshadow this

Congrats on the Vortex winning. I know I probably missed it somewhere, but is the Vortex driver mid-high handicapper friendly or is it more designed for low handicappers?

Like I said yesterday, anyone who says this is just running their lip.
Premium shaft (not a made for) and tons of tech.

Your nuts.
This driver comes stock with a $300 shaft and the head is as premium as anything on the market. Go hit hit and then see if you still feel that way.
The only reason that I could see them selling it for any less is because they aren’t going to spend $100mm on advertising to cram it down every golfers throat.

Everyone is putting $300 shafts in their drivers. It’s a brand that doesn’t sell well or have a large retail presence or tour influence. As you mentioned they aren’t going to drop a ton of cash on marketing yet it’s coming with the same price tag that other companies with larger marketing budgets are charging.

I get it that you just came from the event and are getting one has some influence in your disagreement with me but a driver that is new on the market and produces similar numbers as my two year old driver and uses similar technology to what’s on the market doesn’t interest me.

Mid west, northeast and mid Atlantic all going into the off season and by time golf/demo day season comes around this won’t be on people’s minds, lack of retail presence won’t help and while many will say tour play doesn’t influence purchases only having a few guys on tour playing it and none of those guys being household names or consistent winners won’t help.

Titleist new line out, TM, Ping and Callaway soon to be will overshadow this

Their advertising may overshadow but I think if they get to hit it and dial it in, they're going to like what they get in comparison. But everyone has their brand preferences, hard to sway those folks. I think the Cortex gets Wilson closer to those other brands.

Wilson will be successful with Cortex. It’s a small base but they will sell plenty and get a foot in the door. No question the companies who traditionally sell more will slow down some momentum but with the potential line extensions with fairway woods and hybrids this will do well.

Like I said yesterday, anyone who says this is just running their lip.
Premium shaft (not a made for) and tons of tech.

See my other posts but basically price is going to drive consumers away.

Back