Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t think this is off subject at all. Cobra priced their driver right in the middle and have a really hot looking club. They have a couple of really good players so they look to be in good position to grow share.
    Nexus stand bag
    Triton 10.5*
    FG5 13*
    RBZ Hi Launch 17*
    Rescue TP 23*
    G2 Irons 6-W
    Wedge PMP 56* & 60* Tour Grind
    Duo U
    by

Comment

• A friend and I played 18 today. I was using the Cortex and V2 shaft. I adjusted the sliding weight forward a couple of clicks. My drives were lower but I was able to hit 8 of 14 fairways. Seemed to have less spin on my drives but still getting a strong draw. We determined the length of most my drives at around 200 yds. I hit one drive about 230 yds but there was a lot of roll out. My friend was not impressed with the numbers I was getting. We tried other settings but we kept coming back to my initial setup. I was hitting two balls on some tees just to check it out. [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

Am I the only one in this group not getting a good performance out of the Cortex? My next round I am playing with my Cobra F8 just to compare results.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
      King F9 Driver
      CLK 16 deg Hybrid
      CLK 19 deg Hybrid
      King Utility Black OL 4 Iron

F-MAX One Length 5-SW
      King ONE 60 degree
      Spider Tour Black Double Bend
      Q-Star Tour Yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman View Post
        Its a fair point, lets look at prices:

TM: 550
        PING: 540
        Callaway: 530
        PXG: 575
        Srixon: 499 (785)
        Cobra: 449
        TEE: 299
        W/S: 499
        Not to go on the price point, but the Taylor Made M6 Driver and the Ping 410 drivers are 499.

The TM M5 is 550 only and no Ping Driver is over 500. At least, not on Golf Galaxy website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB:
        Driver:
        Rogue Draw 11° w/Even Flow ProjectX handcrafted 5.5 75G
        Fairway Woods: Epic 3+ Wood 13.5° w/Aldila Synergy R 50G and Rogue 4 Wood 17° w/ Aldila Synergy R 60G
        Hybrid: Rogue 4 20° Hybrid w/Aldila HY R 60G
        Irons: F9 ONE LENGTH 5 - AW w. Fujikura Atmos 6R One Length
        Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54° RTX-3 CB w/True Temper Dynamic Gold and Cleveland CBX 58° RTX-3 CB w/KBS Tour 90 R
        Putter 1: Marxman Stroke Lab
        Putter 2:Toulon Coming Soon
        Ball: Chrome Soft and ERC Triple Track

Proud to be a member of the 2019 Odyssey Experience Team

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Pin View Post
          A friend and I played 18 today. I was using the Cortex and V2 shaft. I adjusted the sliding weight forward a couple of clicks. My drives were lower but I was able to hit 8 of 14 fairways. Seemed to have less spin on my drives but still getting a strong draw. We determined the length of most my drives at around 200 yds. I hit one drive about 230 yds but there was a lot of roll out. My friend was not impressed with the numbers I was getting. We tried other settings but we kept coming back to my initial setup. I was hitting two balls on some tees just to check it out. [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

Am I the only one in this group not getting a good performance out of the Cortex? My next round I am playing with my Cobra F8 just to compare results.

I am still getting good results. Length wise all of the new clubs I have tried are all pretty close I still get the best accuracy with cortex.

It just no might be a good match for you, that has happened to me before, a club I wanted to like but just could not get it to work

W/S Cortex with Atmos Red 6R
          3 Wood: W/S C300 with fuji pro stiff
          Hybrid: W/S C300 20 and 23 with fuji pro stiff
          W/S C 300 Forged 5 through GW Steelfiber 95 Stiff
          Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 54 F and 60 D
          Putter: Swag Flow nech raw Suave one
          Ball: W/S Duo Professional Matte Yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by fflmaster View Post
            Not to go on the price point, but the Taylor Made M6 Driver and the Ping 410 drivers are 499.

The TM M5 is 550 only and no Ping Driver is over 500. At least, not on Golf Galaxy website.

My post was based on MSRP, soooooooo, not inaccurate.

Sales price and MSRP sometimes differ, for sure.
            WITB:
            TaylorMade
            - M6 9.0 -
            UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77F5
            TaylorMade - Original One 13.5 - Fujikura Evolution V X
            PING - G410 19.0/22.0 - Alta CB 70S
            Callaway - Apex CF19 Combo 5-PW - True Temper Elevate X100
            Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
            SWAG
            - Tour Proto Savage Too -
            Center-Shaft 373g
            Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Pin View Post
              A friend and I played 18 today. I was using the Cortex and V2 shaft. I adjusted the sliding weight forward a couple of clicks. My drives were lower but I was able to hit 8 of 14 fairways. Seemed to have less spin on my drives but still getting a strong draw. We determined the length of most my drives at around 200 yds. I hit one drive about 230 yds but there was a lot of roll out. My friend was not impressed with the numbers I was getting. We tried other settings but we kept coming back to my initial setup. I was hitting two balls on some tees just to check it out. [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

With all the snow here, golf is over. When I did pay it for a few rounds, it was great. I put it in my bag and can't wait to hit it again. Very confidence inspiring for me. Sometimes gear just doesn't always work for everyone no matter how much we want it to. That might be the case with you and the Cortex...
              Driver Cortex with Atmos TS Red
              3 wood EX10 Beta
              Hybrid King F7 with Tour Prototype Hybrid Shaft
              Irons 565 4-AW
              Wedge 56* widelow
              Wedge 60* versatile
              Putter Iconic 3
              Ball Chrome soft X

Comment

• Originally posted by fflmaster View Post

$540 Is the MSRP. I don't know Pings policies but I would be surprised if they don't use MAP pricing on their products.( Minimum Advertised Pricing) That keeps internet pricing and brick and mortar from destroying a brands value by taking a sharply reduced margin on an item or items.
                Nexus stand bag
                Triton 10.5*
                FG5 13*
                RBZ Hi Launch 17*
                Rescue TP 23*
                G2 Irons 6-W
                Wedge PMP 56* & 60* Tour Grind
                Duo U
                by

Comment

• Originally posted by sposey013168 View Post
                  I never owned the triton I could not get over the sound. How did the triton compare cortex on length? Triton was long when I hit it

Lol the sound was bonkers. I couldn’t game it but he loves it, the adjustability with the face plate and weights is pretty cool. I hit the Cortex much better although the ball flight with the Triton was much more lower which I like so I did get extra distance and roll out. The Cortex is always finding the fairway but with that crazy high flight I’m not getting any roll

I’m still on the hunt for a red 6R or blue shaft. Not having any luck with any Wilson personnel. Anyone have Lindsey’s contact info? Pleeeassee Lol. Otherwise I might pony up for a diff shaft.

Cortex 10.5°
                  x2 Hot 3h
                  xHot 4h
                  C300 5-GW Irons
                  THP Up & Down Edition Rotex 2.0 56° & 60°
                  Method Origin B2-01 Putter
                  DUO Professional

Comment

• Originally posted by azrsx View Post
                    Lol the sound was bonkers. I couldn’t game it but he loves it, the adjustability with the face plate and weights is pretty cool. I hit the Cortex much better although the ball flight with the Triton was much more lower which I like so I did get extra distance and roll out. The Cortex is always finding the fairway but with that crazy high flight I’m not getting any roll

I’m still on the hunt for a red 6R or blue shaft. Not having any luck with any Wilson personnel. Anyone have Lindsey’s contact info? Pleeeassee Lol. Otherwise I might pony up for a diff shaft.

did you shout out to Corey on Twitter?

THP Events:
                    2017 Wilson Staff Proto:#TeamMarketing
                    2018 Ultimate Weekend of Golf sponsored by True Temper

Comment

• Originally posted by azrsx View Post

Pretty sure Lindsey is on linked in.
                      In my ultralightweight 2019 Morgan Cup bag:
                      F9 10.5* with Atmos TS Blue 6R
                      3-4W & 5-6W with Atmos TS Blue 6R
                      4H with Atmos TS Black 7R
                      5-GW ForgedTEC Black with Tour 90 R Flex
                      56 and 60* King Black wedges with Tour 90 R Flex
                      O-Works 7s Red
                      Q-Star Tour, Z-Star or Chrome Soft X TT

Comment

• Interesting - this is the first time I've heard Wilson mention machine learning/AI in the design of this club

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/20...edium=referral
                        Proud member of Team THP in the 2018 Granddaddy with

Driver: Epic Flash With Custom HZRDUS Smoke
                        Fairway: Epic Flash with Tensei Blue 75
                        Hybrids: '19 Apex 3h and 4h with Catalyst 70
                        Irons: Apex Forged 5-PW w/ Elevate 95
                        Wedges: MD4 48-54-58 w/ Modus 105
                        Putter: Stroke Lab Three
                        Ball: Chrome Soft X

Thanks to PX and THP for an incredible Handcrafted Experience!

Comment

• Originally posted by mpeterson View Post
                          Interesting - this is the first time I've heard Wilson mention machine learning/AI in the design of this club

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/20...edium=referral
                          Hmmm. So, just like “twist face” by Cobra and others, but TM using it to sell, AI has been done before Callaway started marketing it. Ha! What’s “innovative” really never is in golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          In my ​Callaway stand bag:

Driver: VC-460, Atmos Black Tour Spec 6X
                          Fairway: XR 15*, D+ 82X
                          Hybrids: X2 Hot Pro 19*,Tour AD-DI 85X
                          Irons: Edel "Driver" 3-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite stiff
                          Wedges: Edel 50/54/58
                          Putter: Edel E2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pkielwa View Post
                            Hmmm. So, just like “twist face” by Cobra and others, but TM using it to sell, AI has been done before Callaway started marketing it. Ha! What’s “innovative” really never is in golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            My guess is that there’s a huge gap in scope between this and what Callaway did with flash face but thought this was interesting. Shows that the tech angle is interesting to people.
                            Proud member of Team THP in the 2018 Granddaddy with

Driver: Epic Flash With Custom HZRDUS Smoke
                            Fairway: Epic Flash with Tensei Blue 75
                            Hybrids: '19 Apex 3h and 4h with Catalyst 70
                            Irons: Apex Forged 5-PW w/ Elevate 95
                            Wedges: MD4 48-54-58 w/ Modus 105
                            Putter: Stroke Lab Three
                            Ball: Chrome Soft X

Thanks to PX and THP for an incredible Handcrafted Experience!

Comment

• Hey all, it’s like 20 below zero with the wind chill in Chicago, so no rounds for me for a while. But, I spent a few hours at Golftec yesterday and used some of that time to compare my old driver (Taylormade R15) with the Cortex. The results were about the same as my test on the Foresight. I was consistently getting 5-7 mph more on ball speed. A little footspray on the club face confirmed I was getting much better center contact with the Cortex. The other big difference for me, is that I used to be a big fader (ok fine, I sliced) and with the Taylormade I had a hard time closing the club at impact. With the Cortex, I was hitting mostly draws, and if I missed one it was a playable fade. I don’t know the technical reason for this, but it’s just a lot easier for me to close the club face.

WITB

Sun Mountain 3.5LS Bag
                              Wilson Cortex Driver, Atmos Red
                              Callaway Rogue X Irons
                              Cleveland SmartSquare TFI Putter
                              Vice Tour Balls

Comment

• Any body here interested in trading a 12* head for the 10.5? I can take pictures of it of course. It’s in very good to almost excellent shape.

EDIT: I have a 12 and would am interested in see if anyone with a 10.5 would like to trade haha

Last edited by PapaJohick; 01-26-2019, 08:02 PM.

THP Events:
                                2017 Wilson Staff Proto:#TeamMarketing
                                2018 Ultimate Weekend of Golf sponsored by True Temper

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X