The 2019 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Looking to get out this weekend, anyone else getting out and playing?

When and where??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely going to hit some balls but not sure about actually playing

going to the course in the morning to see how big of a boat i'll need to play.

realistically I'll probably hit some range balls and grab a lesson.

Sunday morning looks more likely for actually playing.

7:15 tee time in Grand Prairie

Hopefully I get out tomorrow (Sunday)morning for 18.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hit the F9 Speedback Driver and F9 Speedback 7i today. It was interesting to say the least.

Hit the F9 Speedback Driver and F9 Speedback 7i today. It was interesting to say the least.

Well why?????? Haha and is that a good or eh interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to give more than a teaser of “interesting.”

I definitely watched more flyovers this morning and boy that 14th green is something else. I’ve played “don’t go left” or “don’t go long” holes but boy, “don’t miss” is another thing entirely. This is going to be fun.

Time to build your irons.

Ok Morgan Cuppers its time to get even more excited!

For me I think all of my decisions to me made are shaft related. Heads are a no brainer.

I cannot wait to figure this out myself. The local fitter is getting them in soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ok Morgan Cuppers its time to get even more excited!

For me I think all of my decisions to me made are shaft related. Heads are a no brainer.

Shafts are good for me - lie angle is the bug question mark

Im just putting this out here and if you guys want to hate the message Im okay with it.

I understand the thrill of the open catalogue of options. I understand the want to get strikingly beautiful clubs. With that said, some of your sets you guys are putting together, not only make no sense at all, but are going to come back with questions. The sponsor, myself and everybody involves, wants people to play their best golf possible. They want their clubs shining in the spotlight and your reviews post event to be about a set that makes you better. 3-4 sets of clubs combined into one with lofts getting changed, etc is a recipe for disaster.

Now I say all of that now, as preparation. Play with in your abilities. Play what makes you want to get better. Play what makes you better for your team.

When the orders are placed, the team goes over every one of them and most golfers will get some questions coming back. Some of the brightest minds in golf read every single one of these and they do have some say. They will work with you to get everything perfect, but also want to make sure the equipment is set to perform and not a recipe for someone kicking it as soon as the weekend is over because its a bad idea.

Three schools of thought to remember courtesy of your sponsor.

Pick the most forgiving club you can handle hitting.
Dont over think the shaft as far as altering ball flight in large ways
Remember this is an awesome opportunity and to work on your game and show up playing the best you possibly can.

Im just putting this out here and if you guys want to hate the message Im okay with it.

I understand the thrill of the open catalogue of options. I understand the want to get strikingly beautiful clubs. With that said, some of your sets you guys are putting together, not only make no sense at all, but are going to come back with questions. The sponsor, myself and everybody involves, wants people to play their best golf possible. They want their clubs shining in the spotlight and your reviews post event to be about a set that makes you better. 3-4 sets of clubs combined into one with lofts getting changed, etc is a recipe for disaster.

Now I say all of that now, as preparation. Play with in your abilities. Play what makes you want to get better. Play what makes you better for your team.

When the orders are placed, the team goes over every one of them and most golfers will get some questions coming back. Some of the brightest minds in golf read every single one of these and they do have some say. They will work with you to get everything perfect, but also want to make sure the equipment is set to perform and not a recipe for someone kicking it as soon as the weekend is over because its a bad idea.

Remember this is an awesome opportunity and to work on your game and show up playing the best you possibly can.

Well said, very interesting at the same time.

I didn't put my name in the hat for this opportunity so I have no dog in the fight, but reading that makes it seem that some are trying to get what they can get just for the sake of getting it. Hmmmm, I hope I'm wrong as this seems to be a once in a life time opportunity.

Thanks, JB. Your input should give us pause. I will certainly take it into full account.

the blended sets are what scare me the most. Gapping is a hard thing to accomplish.

This is definitely an exciting time. For most, the chance to do many things not usually available - But it must work club to club!

the blended sets are what scare me the most. Gapping is a hard thing to accomplish.

This is definitely an exciting time. For most, the chance to do many things not usually available - But it must work club to club!

You mean the ones with two 9i or two pw? Yeah I'd be very hesitant to do something like that. The guys at over at cobra spend a lot of time and research on getting the lofts and everything correct. Messing with all of that because it makes sense in your head is dangerous. Even tour pros have to be told they are crazy once in a while I'm sure haha

One of the reasons for that is it is not loft to loft. Loft is only a small part of the equation. When you factor in where weight is located, how launch is brought, how spin plays a role in that. Face thickness and how that impacts both of those things. Sole delivery, weight, finishes, etc. Its a very hard task to do. Combine that with they want people playing great golf. Seeing the amount of work and tech that has gone into clubs like KING F9 to truly help golfers hit it further, straighter and higher and land softly. These guys like Mike Yagley are so incredibly smart and to have them say "its a bad idea" or "lets work on making this THPer score better" should be amazing.

Back