I did. But, mostly to validate some things. We have a five area pin sheet that I need to have with me... it might make the rangefinder totally irrelevant.
How are you managing the device while playing? Do you happen to use a push cart? Thinking about getting some sort of clip for mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey guy, do they still do yearly fees? Been a while since I owned a sky caddie. Do they force into the yearly fees? Sorry, I should just go to their website and not be lazy.

Yes, but first year is free thanks to a card they put in the box.

Then it's about 40 bucks a year from there. Not bad when you factor in price vs other comparable units.

How are you managing the device while playing? Do you happen to use a push cart? Thinking about getting some sort of clip for mine.

When I walk, it's in my back pocket or in my drink slot of the bag. been working out really well.

When i ride, it's in the middle gap in the cart and I grab when I need it. Super convenient.

Granted I've used it sparingly during my rounds, I've had it on and running for probably four full rounds of golf now, and just opted to charge it with probably still 15-20% battery life remaining.

That's kind of nutty.... and one of my biggest complaints from the SGXw in that I had to charge after pretty much every round played.

Hoping this continues. LOVE it.

Granted I've used it sparingly during my rounds, I've had it on and running for probably four full rounds of golf now, and just opted to charge it with probably still 15-20% battery life remaining.

That's kind of nutty.... and one of my biggest complaints from the SGXw in that I had to charge after pretty much every round played.

Hoping this continues. LOVE it.
After 2 rounds mine still had 60+%

If anyone is looking for a clip for a push cart, I bought a click gear one that works great. I'm using a sun mountain and it fits fine.

Played with my primary playing partner. He is the one who is quick with the rangefinder. On the front nine I was calling out a distance while he was shooting the yardage. Was always within a couple yards. Second 9, he didn't even pull out the laser. Just deferred to the SX500. Such a cool unit. Quick, easy to use, and the battery lasts FOREVER.

Lost my GPS last weekend. Gonna learn more about this unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost my GPS last weekend. Gonna learn more about this unit.

What were you using?

Garmin approach.

I don't have any first hand experience with that. But, I would think unless you are going to get a G80 with the LM functions, there isn't a better GPS on the market.

So, I'm still loving this unit. But I had a pretty bad yardage yesterday. It was a course that had some renovations 3 years ago. I don't know if it was reading poorly, or if it was picking up the old green.

I've since updated the course on my unit, but I won't be on that course again for a long while.

How’s everyone liking their SkyCaddies so far? I keep trying to talk my dad into getting one.

Looks like the price on these has dropped down to $349. Under $300 with the THP coupon at Budget Golf. Hmm...

Misike;n8880693 said:
Looks like the price on these has dropped down to $349. Under $300 with the THP coupon at Budget Golf. Hmm...

Hey man, I saw your last post from a few weeks back and meant to reply to you regarding that. I love the device. Even at my home course where I know it like the back of my hand, it was nice to get the additional information regarding carry distance around dog legs and hazards. While I feel like the stat tracking isn't even close to some other systems that use tags and such to get distances, it is good enough and easy to use to get simple things like miss percentages, average putts, and such. Those aren't something I was tracking before and it is nice to see trends.

The battery is probably the standout of this device. It lasts forever. I think I got 4 rounds out of my last charge? I rarely charge it, so I can't quite remember, lol. It cut out on me mid round last week, but it had been without a charge for quite a while, so that was on me. I think using the THP discount from Budget makes this thing an incredible deal. The yearly membership fee is what it is. I haven't used a GPS as sophisticated as this while allowing me to keep my phone out of my hand during the round. So, for me, it's a small price to pay.

If you do get it, I am curious what device you are coming from and what your thoughts are on it.

radiman;n8880702 said:
Hey man, I saw your last post from a few weeks back and meant to reply to you regarding that. I love the device. Even at my home course where I know it like the back of my hand, it was nice to get the additional information regarding carry distance around dog legs and hazards. While I feel like the stat tracking isn't even close to some other systems that use tags and such to get distances, it is good enough and easy to use to get simple things like miss percentages, average putts, and such. Those aren't something I was tracking before and it is nice to see trends.

The battery is probably the standout of this device. It lasts forever. I think I got 4 rounds out of my last charge? I rarely charge it, so I can't quite remember, lol. It cut out on me mid round last week, but it had been without a charge for quite a while, so that was on me. I think using the THP discount from Budget makes this thing an incredible deal. The yearly membership fee is what it is. I haven't used a GPS as sophisticated as this while allowing me to keep my phone out of my hand during the round. So, for me, it's a small price to pay.

If you do get it, I am curious what device you are coming from and what your thoughts are on it.

Thanks man! Right now I have a laser, but I’m missing GPS. I used to use phone golf on my phone, but haven’t in awhile. Something about the SkyCaddie just stands out to me.

Misike;n8880732 said:
Thanks man! Right now I have a laser, but I’m missing GPS. I used to use phone golf on my phone, but haven’t in awhile. Something about the SkyCaddie just stands out to me.

I like having the combo. Still keep my Bushnell in the bag. If I am ever really curious on a pin, I will shoot it.

radiman;n8880748 said:
I like having the combo. Still keep my Bushnell in the bag. If I am ever really curious on a pin, I will shoot it.

Do you see much of a difference ever? The one case I think I’d really want a laser is on the ones where slope makes a club or so difference

Misike;n8880866 said:
Do you see much of a difference ever? The one case I think I’d really want a laser is on the ones where slope makes a club or so difference

Not really. Not a lot of elevation changes here. I'll usually only use the laser if the pin is on the edge of a ridge or something. I'm typically within 2-3 yards when using intelligreen to estimate pin placement .

radiman;n8881347 said:
Not really. Not a lot of elevation changes here. I'll usually only use the laser if the pin is on the edge of a ridge or something. I'm typically within 2-3 yards when using intelligreen to estimate pin placement .

Well that’s fine for me. I just talked my dad into pulling the trigger on one, so I’ll get to preview his first. I’m more excited than him, lol.

Misike;n8880693 said:

yeah it seems to fluctuate every once in a while when they offer it at 50 off.

That's a great price.

Canadan;n8881394 said:
yeah it seems to fluctuate every once in a while when they offer it at 50 off.

That's a great price.

It’s very tempting to just pull the trigger on it, but I’ll wait to borrow my dads to see it first hand now.

So, is this worth it over, say, the Grint app on my phone?

It seems really used friendly with a lot of useful information.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

goalie;n8882405 said:
So, is this worth it over, say, the Grint app on my phone?

It seems really used friendly with a lot of useful information.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I've found that the GPS apps absolutely eat my battery. Having a dedicated device that I don't have to fumble around with that only has one purpose is rather nice.

I decided to do the statewide subscription for my SX500 since it's just sitting around doing nothing.

Kind of glad I did. Was fun to look at golf a different way again, see the old lines off the tee and around the green.

Back