Maltby club discussion

He sounds perfect for the PTM.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So would you recommend the PTM over the TS-2 for a high handicapper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So would you recommend the PTM over the TS-2 for a high handicapper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
For a high handicapper I would lean torwards the PTM due to the lower center of gravity and the visual of an oversized iron. But I would certainly have them hit both.

The PTM will fly higher and be easier to get up in the air. Relatively the COG of the TS-2 is much higher and has more of a boring trajectory. But,, both are easy to hit, its more of a difference in flight.

Personally I hit a low flying missile with the TS-2 long irons that stop on the green. Yet I can get them to fly high with a little but of a swing change. It's a little harder for me to flight down a PTM. The TS-2 short irons do everything in a more normal flight so short iron wise its pretty close to the same performance.

If you follow the Maltby Playability Factor the PTM scores higher 790,, to the TS-2 which is around 720ish.

If it's for you,,, order both heads and return the one you don't like. They have a 30 day return policy.

The other day a better player was hitting a 735 Titleist 3 iron and it was ballooning a bit on him. I handed him a TS-2 5 iron and said to make the same swing. He hit this beautiful tight draw that went just as far as his 3 iron at a much lower flight yet stopped on a dime. I only had a PTM 6 iron and he tried that next. He hit that shot a bit too high for his liking but marveled at the soft feel and the way it felt like he crushed it.

It comes down to personal likes and what you need in an iron but they both do a great job just differently.

Btw,, I am making that player two M series+ wedges.

Yah I know long post.

Ordered a full set of TS-2 for my friend with upgraded DG 120 shafts. It got a bit pricey but still much cheaper than comparable OEM models. Plus everything is new and built to his specs. I'm excited to try these as I was considering a set for myself after liking my 4 iron so much.

Going to try the FGT wedges in my SW and LW slots. I like the M series wedges quite a bit but the lofts do not match well with the TE Forged.

Have a few rounds in with the MSeries + wedges with the mid soles and have really found a wedge I can love. The added sole width keeps me from chunking on the half swings. A huge issue for me as i tend to release too early on that swing. Plus switching to the 54,58 is a much better fit for me distance wise. Feel is far better than I would have thought as the Tour Grinds i normally play were a bit stiff.
Two players in a row that asked to try them had me make a set for them.

A club that is getting a huge amount of attention when I play is the putter. Moment Tour XI. Not only am I putting better than I can ever remember but everyone loves the looks of it.
I have the brand new Super stroke Pistol GT grip that has the built in weight port with a 50 gram weight. Feels really solid in your hands and it loved the super fast greens at Pinehurst.
And for $99 for the club pak it's one of the best deals out there.
4686519e864275914422fbe17425b54b.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a slick looking putter for $99!!

With the TRIPLE TRACK and two ball like alignment it looks sooooo easy to line up. Looks a little busy with the line and the dot, but I bet that helps even line it up better?

Edit:looking at it closer it looks like the line and the dot don’t perfectly match up... is that just camera angle?

That’s a slick looking putter for $99!!

With the TRIPLE TRACK and two ball like alignment it looks sooooo easy to line up. Looks a little busy with the line and the dot, but I bet that helps even line it up better?

Edit:looking at it closer it looks like the line and the dot don’t perfectly match up... is that just camera angle?
That was just the camera angle. I absolutely love this putter. Everything about it suits me just right.

I found the triple track a bit too much and wound up not using it on course. I get all the alignment I need with just the putter behind the ball.

A club that is getting a huge amount of attention when I play is the putter. Moment Tour IX. Not only am I putting better than I can ever remember but everyone loves the looks of it.
I have the brand new Super stroke Pistol GT grip that has the built in weight port with a 50 gram weight. Feels really solid in your hands and it loved the super fast greens at Pinehurst.
And for $99 for the club pak it's one of the best deals out there.
4686519e864275914422fbe17425b54b.jpg

Just checking Golfworks site and they have the Maltby moment tour XI & XII putters. Didn't see the IX moment tour putter.

Just checking Golfworks site and they have the Maltby moment tour XI & XII putters. Didn't see the IX moment tour putter.
It's me being dyslexic. This model is the XI

It's me being dyslexic. This model is the XI

Website says $79.95, gonna spring for one Monday after I talk to Golfworks and see if it comes in 34" length.

Remember, it's not the puttie, but the putter. LOL

Golfworks also sells the Tommy Armour putters. The Impact #3 mallet was named the #1 putter this year by MGS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Website says $79.95, gonna spring for one Monday after I talk to Golfworks and see if it comes in 34" length.

Remember, it's not the puttie, but the putter. LOL
Well I'm seeing the club pak as still being 99. They can build it for you at 34" and I do recommend the free assembly as setting the double bend shaft correctly at home can be difficult unless you have a jig for one.
a6aa912c3c0f5c292d92e806ce267dd0.jpg

Popeye, I guess the $79.99 price was for the head only. Good point about having them assemble the whole putter for $99.00. Still a good deal. Thanks for the clarification.

Another satisfying range session with the 17* KE4 Tour TC 2H yesterday. My 3W is a bit longer when perfectly struck, but it’s also less likely to be perfectly struck. Since The hybrid is more consistent and offers more utility out of the rough, the 2H will take the 3W’s place in my bag for now. I remain disappointed that neither the KE4 hybrid or driving iron is available in a 20* loft. Might have to go with the Apex or Hogan VKTR.

Another satisfying range session with the 17* KE4 Tour TC 2H yesterday. My 3W is a bit longer when perfectly struck, but it’s also less likely to be perfectly struck. Since The hybrid is more consistent and offers more utility out of the rough, the 2H will take the 3W’s place in my bag for now. I remain disappointed that neither the KE4 hybrid or driving iron is available in a 20* loft. Might have to go with the Apex or Hogan VKTR.
The tolerance on the clubs are +and -1° on the loft so there is almost certainly one laying in the bin that they could hand pick for you to get the 20° number you want. The 3H is 19°.

Had another customer choose the PTMs over every thing else. This head has really surprised me at how well it's being recieved.

Golfworks just posted up a new Fairway wood on the TC line. It's a super clean design and has a 4 wood option. Maltby is simply killing it with these releases this year.
210a50f4ed7fe4214c229dc47a197f0a.jpg

What I really like is the similar looks of the crown between the TC hybrid and the TC fairway
For the first time in a while I will have an all Maltby bag again.
92271ed5220d3ba5765d491a4b4d0ef5.jpg
cda59179ba069142295a1ec75207b01d.jpg

That 3 wood looks great

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

What I really like is the similar looks of the crown between the TC hybrid and the TC fairway
For the first time in a while I will have an all Maltby bag again.
92271ed5220d3ba5765d491a4b4d0ef5.jpg
cda59179ba069142295a1ec75207b01d.jpg

Yep, love the similarity. I really like my CBX 3-wood, but I might pick one of these up anyway. Especially if I can snag a deal like I did on my 3-hybrid.

I have to say the m+ series wedges are great. Has anyone tried the two different paderson ts wedge shafts in them? I have the higher flight ones but often wonder about the lower flight one.

I have to say the m+ series wedges are great. Has anyone tried the two different paderson ts wedge shafts in them? I have the higher flight ones but often wonder about the lower flight one.
I have a KBS Wedge shaft in my M+ heads and some Paderson TS series shafts in my MMBs. So I dont have an exact answer for you but I can say how great the Paderson shafts are. Very consistent with great feel.

Anyone have experience with the Maltby KE4 Tour FDI Hybrid? I'm pondering getting a 2H as a possible driving iron. How easy are they to hit for the average duffer?

Back